• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Man there was so much sweat
Thanks to you guys for coming (Both Van and Surrey) <3

Gonna do a few shoutouts:

Dawson - n00b
Trevor - That Diddy is nasty, but in a good way. Keep working on that ZSS :o
Adam/Eric - Don't think we actually played in bracket, but you didn't play Mario :c
Jeremy/OMGNOpao - That's a sexy peach that Kevin/Aleate would love to see. Intense games though ^-^ (Link at 200%+ lol)
Scott - LINK YES OMFG. Well done. <3 Unfortunately we didn't play at all though :(

I have a feeling I might have forgotten someone. Apologies in advance >.<

OMGNOpao

Smash Rookie
Thanks! yesterday was amazing! I feel I need to brush up on my techniques, there are soo many new things I learned that day! Also everyone was so lovely, but holy **** it was hot.

I think you missed Fuzzy my other friend he's the one that was suppose to go to anime evolution XD Attack-on-Titan-Jean.png

| Big D |

Smash Master
Sorry I didn't get the chance to show you Peach stuff, wanted to do it after my last tourney match but it ended pretty late, I'll make up for it in the future though.

Trevor 3 stocked me and Adam went last hit with me game 1 and then took game 2.

Also the MM did not happen lol, the guy left after he saw doubles GF.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I should be doing the Peach stuff around here! Also, do I have competition as a Peach player now?

I thought we weren't supposed to go to the tourney... What changed?

Also, somebody should take initiative and set something up this week.

@Yakal, if you still check this thread:

I really wish I could have gone to your tournament :( I told my workplace I was sick and the person I spoke to said okay. The manager's like... no it's going to be extremely busy on July 1 (which ended up not being true) and actually contacted my mom to ensure I was actually sick. But yeah, he said I can no longer have that time off Friday afternoon. Anyway, can we play Melee soon? I'm starting to feel better.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Set with Adam White was the most intense stuff. Matches (except game 2 which he won) were all recorded so I hope you guys can see them soon!

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Fuzzy - Don't think I played you either in Singles, but I recall playing in doubles :o Interesting that I paired you with my brother lol,, was probably the most epic doubles battle I had that day. Well played c:

Kevin, I said that I'd rather you guys not come, but if you really wanted to, then you could come. I just didn't want like 6+ people from Van/Coquitlam to destroy all of us lol

Now back to finding a venue for you guys in Coquitlam >.<

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
@Yakal, if you still check this thread:

I really wish I could have gone to your tournament :( I told my workplace I was sick and the person I spoke to said okay. The manager's like... no it's going to be extremely busy on July 1 (which ended up not being true) and actually contacted my mom to ensure I was actually sick. But yeah, he said I can no longer have that time off Friday afternoon. Anyway, can we play Melee soon? I'm starting to feel better.
Lets play before evo

I leave on the 11th come by anytime before then (sooner is better)

sooner doesnt sound right to me

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
goddamit y
not even lying my heart dropped when a scenario of me losing played out in my head

ill pass ... for now

Don't say that you will MM any Marth in BC for $100 if your not willing to do it. Especially a marth player that doesn't even play brawl that much and has far less experience in brawl then you do. I lost to Kantrip too recently. This is a free $100 MM and you won't accept? wow..

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Don't say that you will MM any Marth in BC for $100 if your not willing to do it. Especially a marth player that doesn't even play brawl that much and has far less experience in brawl then you do. I lost to Kantrip too recently. This is a free $100 MM and you won't accept? wow..
Lol omg this legit callout

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh good luck Dawson. Make Alberta feel the infinite despair we feel every monthly. ;)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Screw Link! Peach all the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_p6ix17THw Kie is the best!!! (I haven't watched the vid yet)

Kie watches North American Peaches! He picked up the "float-cancel" input bair from us! (Basically extends the distance of bair as well as activating double hit). Dair on shield is sexy too <3 :peach:

Kantrip

Kantplay
My set with Eric was super close
And you wreck me

Should be free money. Even if you reduce it a bit out of fear

| Big D |

Smash Master
My Marth goes in on him in friendlies, take that as you will.

It's only complete despair if you lose your fighting spirit.

Believe in yourself.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_p6ix17THw Kie is the best!!! (I haven't watched the vid yet)

Kie watches North American Peaches! He picked up the "float-cancel" input bair from us! (Basically extends the distance of bair as well as activating double hit). Dair on shield is sexy too <3 :peach:
That's one very sexy peach

Watch out for that $100 MM
Although I'm sure BO10 won't do a Matt Jensen

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

I wish I could see your reaction to watching that. That Peach is so good. The movement was insane; TBH, it kinda reminds me of what Yoshi's movement should look like at the top level. But it doesn't because we're all bad. =[

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I wish I could see your reaction to watching that. That Peach is so good. The movement was insane; TBH, it kinda reminds me of what Yoshi's movement should look like at the top level. But it doesn't because we're all bad. =[

Are you picking Yoshi again? I'd like to see him back but I really like playing your Meta Knight too! I need to practise Brawl more because Melee throws off my Brawl game for a short time.

I don't think there's much top level representation for mid tiers, which is unfortunate. Kie is definitely a very good player, but I can't see him succeeding at something like Apex because of the Meta Knight matchup.

Kie has been our hero for a very long time, but I guess people didn't really know about him until he was featured on a popular Brawl YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGmK_0my_1U!

But yeah, I already know which character I will be playing first in Smash 4. :D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I tried out Yoshi again last week playing with Dawson, and it felt pretty good for a little while. I'm going to be putting time into him again, alongside MK with a bit of Falco. I definitely want to play your Peach again sometime soon with all 3 of them~!

Maybe Kie wouldn't excel at Apex, but that is, after all, the very best of top level play. Even so, Apex 2013 has taught us that anything can happen.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
We need to be more public with Smashfests and include the newer players.

Kie is way more fun to watch than 9B. Plus, Kie probably got sent to losers by a Meta Knight...

Top Bottom