• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
loooool no man the tourney is the 10th, sunday is the 11th, we're leaving Alberta on the 11th.
Friday the 9th is when we're leaving BC to drive there

we're not spending a whole week in alberta brah

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
OH OK THANKS LANDON
Will get through my folks here.
Hopefully I can come.

Yes, I'll chip in on gas money as well.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Out of curiosity though was anyone considering going to Quan's tourney this Sunday?

If they are could they give me a ride? I'd split gas and meet with you wherever.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I'm quite certain I'm going to AB myself.
Although still unconfirmed, but highly likely.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
My mom's worried about how old you guys are lol
She doesn't trust "young drivers" so much

But confirm me for Alberta if you guys don't mind. I'm all set here, and everyone is giving me the "ok".
Landon, how is this gonna work for me lol? I live in Chilliwack after all. Idk if you could pick me up or not >.<
Unless you wanted me to Greyhound out to Van for you guys.

Also, seems like there won't be any story mode/SSE-like thing in SSB4:
http://gengame.net/2013/07/kotaku-upcoming-smash-bros-games-wont-have-a-story-mode-or-cutscenes/

Somewhat dissapointed. I guess we gotta unlock characters the Melee-esque way

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
After reading and talked to jake that you guys haven't find a venue yet for smash, i am gonna ask at douglas college if we can use the Student union room but honestly i dont think they would like to keep your tvs in there. If anyone know a gaming store?

JAKE: have you asked in the comic/magic place near lougheed? i am pretty sure you seen this place before since you live close to my gf lol

I went to Anime Evolution at UBC (forced) a couple weeks ago, and still rusted, i managed to **** pretty much everyone. Now i feel like i would like to play smash again melee/brawl like the old good days at home video and sfu.

peace

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Are you talking about T&N Games? I have checked that place out, but their event space is small, they close at 7pm on Saturdays, and they already have events going that day anyway.

On a related note, I feel like this is a bit overdue, but I want to apologize for being so inactive when it comes to the hunt for a new venue. Long story short, I was simply burnt out from TOing around the time we got dropped from Stronghold, and I was trying to ween myself off of Smash after that. That didn't happen though (one does not simply quit Smash), and though I am more motivated now, I'm still not getting anything done partly because I'm very busy ATM with work and school, and so the venue hunt has been pushed to the back burner.

Huge shoutouts to Quan for the amount of work he's put in over the last few months, and to anybody else who's trying to help with finding a new venue. =]

So uhhhhh, do we have housing?
Pretty sure we'd be getting housing from KillL0ck.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Are you talking about T&N Games? I have checked that place out, but their event space is small, they close at 7pm on Saturdays, and they already have events going that day anyway.

Huge shoutouts to Quan for the amount of work he's put in over the last few months, and to anybody else who's trying to help with finding a new venue.
Oddly enough, T&N Games is one of the venues I checked out during my "adventure" down to look for venues
Thanks for the shoutout lol

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
MAAAAAAAAAAAD shoutouts for Dawson and Eric for coming up here for my tourney.
Good games to both of you. My ICs still feel judged.

Idk if Eric has an account on SWF, but hopefully you can relay my thanks to him Dawson.
Defs need to work on my ICs.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Yeah today was fun. Took us like an extra 45 mins to get home cuz Eric kept getting lost lmao.

If your ICs feel judged, it's only because I want them to be good. I thought they did really well vs Marth.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Glad to hear you guys had fun. =]

On a related note, the next GameClucks (Washington Melee/P:M monthly series that used to feature Brawl) is looking to run a Brawl tournament next weekend, if anybody's interested on getting a carpool or something together for that. It's not the best time for me, but I'd be down to join a carpool if we can work something out! https://www.facebook.com/events/423789231073026/

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Well even if there were an empty seat I couldn't go anyways. Apparently I'm sick enough to be hospitalized even though I feel okay :|

Top Bottom