• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 27 T.H.O.D aka Exile Present: Can you smash as much as you eat?

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
T.H.O.D aka Team Exile Present
Can you smash as much as you eat

When: July 27
Where: Mobile,Alabama 621 WillJohn Ave
Why: H@ll if I no

Singles: 10$

Doubles: 10$

Door Fee: 5$

Door fee will go towards food that day
The price for Doubles might decrease depending on
how many people show up

Depending on the number of people, the tournament will
be either MLG style(pools) or Double Eli.

Singles will go as followed:

Stages:

- Banned Stages are as follows: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Termina, Yoshi's Island, Flat Zone, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island Past Stage.
- Random Stage selection is as follows: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land, Pokémon Stadium.
- No stage maybe used twice in a single match, be it by random select or stage picking
- Each person knocks out one stage for the entire set. The stage must be picked at the begining after each person selects his/her character.
- Advanced Slob Picks: After the first match, the loser says the stage out load, the winner then picks there character, and the loser picks the character after that.

Addtional Notes to follow:

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

- Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

- Also we will need people to bring setups (TV's, Cube's, and Power Strips if possible)

if you are coming or thinking about coming then post here
and I will put you on the list of people and things they are bringing

As of right now the list goes as follows-----------------------------------------
J.Rudolph-TV
Ragnorock-TV,Cube
LKP1-Cube
Mr.P-Cube,TV(i think)
Drumma boi:cool:
R.A.M:laugh:
Rook:mad:
Rice:confused:
Boomstick:lick:
Sucide dolls:psycho:
Crow: Who?

we really hope this list gets reallllllly big.
just post here and i will update the list leading up the tournament
so we will how many chairs and tables things like that to get.

Oh by the way I think there MIGHT be a Crew battle between:
T.H.O.P and Panhandle Manhandlers

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
if i posted the link right heres the last crew battle we did vs florida
<a href="http://files.filefront.com/6849065">Download 01-27-07 - Crew Battle from FileFront!</a>

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I want to see the crew battle at RAMs b-day bash since Rice was there. ^_^

ragnarock

Smash Lord
it was a mess up senario, but in the end Manhandle won, i just wished it was 5 on 5 insted 4 on 5 there way, but it was a one stock difference, which still gave them the atdvantage is some way, but fair and sqaure they won. MVPs of Crew battle

Manhandle Panhadle : RAM
T.H.O.D : LKP 1

p.s had lots of fun though. And put Suicide dolls on the list too j.ru.(you idiot) and tell your moma I said hello.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
What?... Did you guys not go by 20 stock? If you did it shouldn't matter if the teams are of different size. 4 members with 5 stock each = 20 stock, 5 members with 4 stock each = 20 stock. It should have been even anyway.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I see what your saying I'd just rather had 5 on 5 instead of 4 on 5, with 20, You see each match its only a 1 stock differ, and thats not much. But it doesn't matter, it still was close and fun.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Thanks Ram, you know the Panhandle is always welcome to any of my shin digs, It will actually fell weird you guys not being there actually, your our main comp, thats like Ryu without Ken, you know.

RAM

Smash Lord
Indeed you also have alot of time to convince a good bit of ppl to come to this. Smashers Unite 2 will be towards the end of May so there's a good time gap for both tournies.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Indeed you also have alot of time to convince a good bit of ppl to come to this. Smashers Unite 2 will be towards the end of May so there's a good time gap for both tournies.
Real good Sh*t Ram thanks for the gap. Your a good map I don't care what FWPD says about you.

RAM

Smash Lord
FWPD??? Good Map???? Wel I'm Assuming FWPD means the Fort Walton Police department. but good map? lol silly Rag But anyway yeah it should be a good tourney.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
My Bad Ram I meant (man),but yeah It should be a good tourney. and could you get Lee and his crew to come I'm sure he'll try to make it if he knew you were coming.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yo yea we r coming.

and i see what u were saying rag about the crew battles but it was fair u all had 5 stock and we had 4 stock i mean we only won by 2 or 3 stock i think so it was still close as hell. it was me and ram taking like 7 stocks a piece helped us out tho.

moogle

Smash Ace
Note: This tourney (July 15) is scheduled for the same weekend as MELEE-FC (July 12-14) in South Bend, IN. If I went to FC, I probably couldn't attend this.

SuicideDolls

Smash Journeyman
Long time no post, Its P

Manko, they did have a slight advantage because they had more characters to choose from and we had to make are matchups count. But I think it was my fault that we lost because who I tried to put up against didn't seem to work, and if I had one more stock, lol jk

Ram, we are definitly to INN, Im so happy=)

Rag, one of your thugs called me yesterday to tell me to contact you, I did but something is wrong with my/your phone I don't know. Sorry, don't hurt me.

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
Rags phone is out of commission as of right now and so is his computer.
the date will be changed though

ragnarock

Smash Lord
THe Date of the tourney has been changed to JULY THe 27th, hope you guys can make it.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yes it's still going down, thanks Drumma boi you were correct. So you can come Shai Hulud if you want.

p.s Drumma boi are you and the Panhandle going to Twilightshowdown because I want to go with you guys.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The next Twilight Showdown is happening July 28th, so it'd be day after your tourney. I'd love to see you guys make it down here though if you can. ^_^

Also, if you record at this tourney (or have other tapes as well) then you can give them to me at TS5 and I'll put them online.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll be going if the Panhandle is going Manko because I did make plans to go to that tourney and that will give me the chance to meet you too. Most likley we will record the tourney so we will give you the tapes with out a doubt.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Cool deal, hope to see ya then.

I've already met Suicide Dolls & Mr. P. by the way. I knew them before I knew the Panhandle Manhandlers. So it's just you now. :)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yes, I am going to LTEC 2. Can me and MR.p come at your crib the day before like we always do playa.

p.s THE TOURNEY THAT I AM HOLDING JULY 27th WILL START AT 3:00PM DUE TO BE HAVING TO GO TO WORK THAT DAY, BUT I WILL SEE IF I CAN WORK WORK HALF THAT DAY SO THE TOURNEY CAN GO AS PLANNED.

P.S. Ram are you going to Twighlight showdown.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Hey rag we found an awsome location for our tournaments here in town again!!! 10 times better than TBScomics. Anyway I am going to make a thread right now I will advertise links in alot of state threads when I finally finish. I am planning it the first saturday of august. It will start at 8:00 pm (at night lol) and will last all night long. Seems like a fun gimmick. They have even already made tshirts for this thing. It is a new gamestore called play and trade. It is pretty big and has 11 plasma tvs that dont lag at all (i played there today). SOOOOO make plans.

Also rag i dont think we r going to twilight shodown.... we are going to tipped off 2 in GA because of the situation and convienince with gas being payed for (thanks to my girlfriends mom) soooo try to make plans for that tourney if you can get work off. I want u P and Sdolls to come.

also Emmit where you at? what up? how you been? u get taller yet?

ragnarock

Smash Lord
ITS ABOUT D*MN TIME PLAYA. Your know were coming to SU 2, but I'm going to see can i get that Monday off, hopefuly I can. We come to Florida earlt sowe can trail you guys ti that new location that you guys have.

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
wuz up every body i just came back from japan last saturday. it was cool over there .
i totally PWND bombsoldier

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yes, I am going to LTEC 2. Can me and MR.p come at your crib the day before like we always do playa.

p.s THE TOURNEY THAT I AM HOLDING JULY 27th WILL START AT 3:00PM DUE TO BE HAVING TO GO TO WORK THAT DAY, BUT I WILL SEE IF I CAN WORK WORK HALF THAT DAY SO THE TOURNEY CAN GO AS PLANNED.

P.S. Ram are you going to Twighlight showdown.
THE TOURNEY TIME WILL GO AS PLANNED EVERYBODY 12:00 P.M. SO DON'T BE LATE AND DON'T FOR GET ABOUT THAT DOOR FEE GUYS, 5$. i CAN'T FEED ALL YOU B*STARDS FOR FREE. ESPICALLY DRUMMA BOI I THINK HE CAN EAT ALL DAY. LOL

Top Bottom