• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump on their heads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucan Desmond

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I don't know if anybody has noticed this and I never noticed it in SSB64 or Melee, but you can jump off other characters heads in Brawl. And when you do it knocks them down if they're in the air. If I had the ability to upload a video I would. Also you might all already know this in which case, I'm sorry for wasting your time, but a search of the boards didn't show me any indications that anyone had discussed it, so there ya go.

You can use other players heads as a "stepping stone" if you will, either to recover, get some extra height, or simply humiliate them!

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
This has been known far before the Japanese release months ago. It was on the Smash. Dojo a long time ago, and if it wasn't revealed before E4All, it was revealed AT E4ALL.

So, this is very very old and that is why there aren't many threads on it. It's a difficult technique to pull off and it isn't very useful.

Also, it wasn't in SSB64 or Melee.

Toodles! ^.^

Spork_and_Knife

Smash Rookie
You'll probably get flamed for this, but yes, this was on the Dojo a while ago. It's called Footstool jumping (or something like that). It's pretty funny, but I think it's always better to use a dair or simply airdodge if an opponent is below you.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Actually I don't think it's that hard to do. PRoblem is I can't find a good application for it. Getting that close to an enmy without attacking or defending is going to often just get your *** handed to you.

Hell, even teh mid-air plumet isn't a good compensation as how could this seriously be better than just meteor-smashing the target?

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Yes, as others have stated, this has been discovered and known about for quite sometime. It is called footstool jumping and it was touched on by the Smash Dojo in an update.

I don't think its difficult to do, I just find it lacking in uses since you gain so much distance. If I could react quickly enough, I suppose you could D-air out of it but I haven't found much application for it yet.

Welcome to the boards, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom