• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump out of Sun Salutation?

SWBiscuitJr

Smash Rookie
I'm looking to pick up WFT, and I'm liking her so far. She's a difficult character for sure, and I'm looking for help on a certain AT. I've looked all around, and I can't seem to find out how to do this...

In this video, I see the WFT jump out of Sun Salutation at 1:37 and at 3:36. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M38xPknu57s

How do you do this? There must be some way to cancel Sun Salutation. So far, the only ways I know to stop charging Sun Salutation is to A) shoot, B) finish charging, and C) dodge.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
You can't hear the sound since ZeRo muted the video, but John Numbers waited until he had a fully charged SS before he moved. You can move the instant that your SS is done. Also, you CAN jump out of SS charging on the ground at any time by simply holding shield and pressing the jump button. This lets you safely charge while continuing to move.

Mix up your defense by using dodges, spot dodges, grabs, jumping into a back air, a header, etc.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
yes, and i'll add to this. if you have an opponent coming toward you from above, keep in mind that you can cancel the SS charge by shielding, and you can cancel a shield with a jump, and you can cancel a jump with an upsmash or up b. canceling it with up b is useless but instantly upsmashing out of it takes a lot of people by surprise. also remember that since you can instantly shield, you can also spotdodge, so mix up spotdodging and shield grabbing out of SS because people will try to hit you when you do it. gr8 b8. also remember that if you jump to avoid a grab or grounded attack you can ff nair and get a great combo out of it.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Remember not to immediately grab while charging SS since the ball can push opponents away from you, causing your grab to whiff.

Top Bottom