• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jumping out of double team

ZaloMonkada

Smash Cadet
So I had a pretty cool idea for the next patch. What if you could use a charge to jump during double team? It seems like it would be an interesting addition

ZaloMonkada

Smash Cadet
But is that really too good when u need to use a charge for it? It seems strong but not abusive

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
To be honest the threat of DownB cancel already is very intimidating, being able to throw out moving aerials/tilts/smashes is really great. Giving him a jump from DownB cancel would vastly increase the number of options he has out of it and would make an already scary move even scarier.

If its any consolation, you can jump out of an UpB cancel if you still have a jump remaining.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
I thought it would be cool to press Down + B + A and get a straight or upward dodge, which could be separately cancelled with another aura charge.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
it would be cool but like was said, even burning an aura charge it would be too OP. especially for recovery i think, since it would carry a lot of momentum and it seems like his (already amazing) recovery would become rather ridiculous with this capability. as a lucario main i would really love it buuuut it would be i think too good

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
There's two reasons down b goes diagonally down: 1) it would be broken for combos if not 2) it would be broken for recovery if not

Ever notice how Lucario doesn't really have any moves that send at quite the right angle for down b to link combos? That's pretty obviously intentional. The best you can use it for 90% of the time is either low % cancel shenanigans on FFers (ex fair > down b cancelled > fair), or aerial > down b back to the ground, then jump and continue the juggle.

Risky

Smash Ace
There's two reasons down b goes diagonally down: 1) it would be broken for combos if not 2) it would be broken for recovery if not

Ever notice how Lucario doesn't really have any moves that send at quite the right angle for down b to link combos? That's pretty obviously intentional. The best you can use it for 90% of the time is either low % cancel shenanigans on FFers (ex fair > down b cancelled > fair), or aerial > down b back to the ground, then jump and continue the juggle.
You can usually combo a fastfaller or heavy with usmash, jump -> Fair -> DT canceled into Nair. This also works without the usmash if they're on a platform above you. Another use is after dthrow if the opponent DI's away, and can be the only way to actually catch them after (grounded DT canceled into dtilt or fsmash).

Top Bottom