• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 23rd NJ Terrabite Tournement

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
Saturday, June 23rd, 2007

222 Wanaque Ave.
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
(973)835-8377
www.terra-bite.com

Singles start at 6:00 PM
Free play at 5:15

Events:
1v1 - $15 per person
2v2 - $20 per team ($10 per person)

Singles:
1st place - 70% of prize
2nd place - 30% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 70% of prize
2nd place - 30% of prize

All matches will be best of 3 for brackets
If less than 16 people show, we'll do round robin
The final set will be a best of 5

No registration is necessary
Pay at the counter
Bring your own controller

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea when you hit the edit button under a post hit advanced edit and you can alter the title there. I don't know if I can attend I was planning a local tournament on this date.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
oh who cares if its a different thread or not. And this guy doesnt make the dates for the tournaments so you hinting that you may have yours the same day will not affect this tourney AT ALL. anyway, tell the manager to allow more time if he plans to do round robin or there is no way in hell he'll be able to close on time.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea making a round robin is not the smartest move because you play I believe 3-4 times the amount of matches whereas to a normal double elimination.

Aeons94

Smash Cadet
Everything here looks good. The only thing is I don't think there is doubles being run at this tournament. As for the time issue, it doesn't seem like it'll be changed for this one. If you get me enough guys that want it changed I'll see what I can do.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i definitely want it changed to at latest starting at 3-4 p.m.

and i'm willing to go so far as to say i won't show unless it is moved up (not really a threat, but it's not worth my time to travel for something that's only one event and lasts such a short time)

D0M3

Smash Rookie
unfortunatly he cant change the time because hes holding a birthday party at his store at 3. he said for the next tournament he could change the time if it was on a sunday so maybe that's what we'll do.

the red ranger

Smash Rookie
how about just rescheduling this tournament to a day when the place is birthday-free?

2.5 hours is also really short.

Aeons94

Smash Cadet
For those of you who don't know, I work at TerraBite and I've been following the thread and talking directly with the owner, Frank. I talked to him about time changes too. The tournament for the 23rd will remain at 6 with friendlies at 5. In the future, however, we can allow for the tournaments to begin earlier given enough prior notice. Actually a birthday party is starting now so I have to go.

D0M3

Smash Rookie
ehh we'll see. when i played you at smashtality your marth seemed to have gotten a lot better and i've only been playing sheik so i dono.

D0M3

Smash Rookie
nope. if tv's aren't being used there's never a problem with friendlies. you just need to quit if someone needs the tv

the red ranger

Smash Rookie
hm. i was just thinking that with only 4 TVs that they'd all be used for the tournament once it starts

pockyD

Smash Legend
they are -_-

it's a catch-22; if a lot of people show up, it's a better tourney but you don't get any friendlies time

if no one shows up, you get to play more but the tourney is lame

there should just aways be a few friendlies setups x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom