• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Beatdown - Birmingham, AL - 3/27/10 - ENTRY FEES RAISED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Will said if Huntsville isn't going then he's going, so there is still a glimmer of hope.

Guuuuuuuuuuuys should we update the PR after this? Or should we wait until the Auburn tournament?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i guess i was just really looking forward to playing brawl and brawl plus...

but i really doubt it.

i am predicting to show up and watch a bunch of melee and fighter matches then kind of start brawl doubles then its too late and the hype (if any) has died down and everyone is just ready to leave instead of playing brawl and brawl plus...

its zero's tourney so whatever.
it just sucks for me, because i wanted to play the brawl games.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol Melee's attendance should be about as epic as That Ain't Falco's.

I'm still ready Brawl! and I plan on getting top 3, if not winning, in Brawl +.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
If there isn't a decent turnout expected, then i should just stay. I mean it's a 2 and a half hour drive for me. So if you are going let me know. If i go i'm going to try and bring ppl so let me know

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
there was tcs and auburn

wait until another tcs and another auburn

:)

and i plan on doing good in b plus too kola.
but, youre probably better than me.
i dont play with people that much
:/

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
There was the tournament that Zero hosted to start off the new year, I'm not sure how many were at this, <.< Zero goofed and destroyed the brackets I guess.

TCS, we had 20

Auburn we had 39

and we had two terribad Ensley tournaments. lul

o: so I guess we only have 3.

Guess we should wait until after the next AU for accurate results

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Back in 08 that had decent turn outs. o:

It's just now, it's just been planned on pretty bad days. D:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
idk why but the only tournaments that seem to count in AL are tcs's

and now with the addition of auburn it seems.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
when then elev8 it!

GOD**** RIGHT BETA BALEAVE ELv8 Guna ELEV8 IT!

forreal though ima elev8 it just a lil at this tourney. a lil in comparison you know? but alot for me. so yeah, fortunatley for you, since you want competition, ima be comin pretty hard. as hard as slam can dat is. im get my elev8 on.

i might make elev8 my tag for the tournament.
im really not trying to troll you or anything but i dont think you think i am anyways.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Zero I'll say it again but I really don't think hosting so many events is a good idea. It's turning more people off that they won't be the center of focus than turning more people on that they can meet other groups.

Having one or two where the two groups meet is legit, but having every one scheduled on the same day just causes problems.

It's late for this one to cancel any events, but I'm just saying in the future it's something to consider. It spreads you and your tournament very thin

I don't know if I'll be doing brawl singles but I'm definitely doing melee singles (and if there are doubles then that too) and brawl doubles and brawl+ everything if it happens.

edit - dang I just got destroyed with that typo XD

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
when Then Elev8 It!

God**** Right Beta Baleave Elv8 Guna Elev8 It!

Forreal Though Ima Elev8 It Just A Lil At This Tourney. A Lil In Comparison You Know? But Alot For Me. So Yeah, Fortunatley For You, Since You Want Competition, Ima Be Comin Pretty Hard. As Hard As Slam Can Dat Is. Im Get My Elev8 On.

I Might Make Elev8 My Tag For The Tournament.
Im Really Not Trying To Troll You Or Anything But I Dont Think You Think I Am Anyways.
~ **** What I Said ~ If Slam Is Comin, I'm There...

Winnar

Smash Lord
dang no love for the winnar

lol

I might enter singles and well...if I do elev8 you got +1 competition imo

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i want to see winnar elev8.

and yeah, i have told that to zero too.
but i dont think he cares lol.

and yeah man das what i said, elev8.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
winnar-'you said hosting so many events is a good idea.' did you mean not a good idea? maybe we do have too many but ill try to help zero stay on top of times...i guess i can get the schedule together and take requests concerning timing.
check out the games and start rating most important to least; i'll push zero to rearrange some things--but i need to figure out majority favs.

kola--> no, we havent gotten the new apt. ive called and gone up there at least 8 times. they wont let me sign a contract or move in until the roof gets fixed and they havent even started preparing it for cleaning!! we should all form an angry mob with firery torches and encase the apt office.

but i will be giving up my room for this...i guess i can also clean out the maintence closet again and add a setup on the balcony. btw, we're moving couch and beds out for more room.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Winnar + Elev8 = Scrub tier team

Elev8 + anyone = Scrub tier team really.

REAL TALK
Dang real talk hurts

winnar-'you said hosting so many events is a good idea.' did you mean not a good idea? maybe we do have too many but ill try to help zero stay on top of times...i guess i can get the schedule together and take requests concerning timing.
check out the games and start rating most important to least; i'll push zero to rearrange some things--but i need to figure out majority favs.
Dang nice catch lol

Yeah the problem with having two gaming groups at one tournament is that the longer the two are together the more they realize they don't have anything in common. Gaming groups work so well because you don't really have to make small talk, you can just play with one another and have fun.

Also you inevitably have one group that is more catered to, which alienates the other group (which is why melee and brawl tournaments together tend to go not optimally).

Also also you have breaks where one group is standing around waiting for the other group's event to end so they can start their stuff.

I dunno it's just reaaaaaally tricky getting multi-group tournaments to work because there are so many things that can go wrong.

i want to see winnar elev8.

and yeah, i have told that to zero too.
but i dont think he cares lol.

and yeah man das what i said, elev8.
We'll have to make him care.

One kneecap at a time.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Dang real talk hurts

Dang nice catch lol

Yeah the problem with having two gaming groups at one tournament is that the longer the two are together the more they realize they don't have anything in common. Gaming groups work so well because you don't really have to make small talk, you can just play with one another and have fun.

Also you inevitably have one group that is more catered to, which alienates the other group (which is why melee and brawl tournaments together tend to go not optimally).

Also also you have breaks where one group is standing around waiting for the other group's event to end so they can start their stuff.

I dunno it's just reaaaaaally tricky getting multi-group tournaments to work because there are so many things that can go wrong.

We'll have to make him care.

One kneecap at a time.
D*mn, at zero's own place, too?! be forewarned, he has two bros and a fierce, b*tch of sis!
haha
zero & i decided id be in charge of timing...first time ive led a tourney, so i figure i'll try some things out and see how effective they are.
first--registration for ALL events will begin when you walk in the door. sign in for each event you expect to participate in.
second--i will seek out each individual for entry fee & cross them off the list. if your payment is MIA at time of event start, you WILL NOT be entered into the brackets and therefore forfiet your chance to compete in that particular event.
third--you will be entered into brackets on comp(if entry fee is paid) before event begins.
**do not worry!! i will seek out and find each entrant before matches begin. if i can not locate you, i will not forget about you! before matches begin, i will double check and announce those who are missing payments. sign in lists will be cross checked for new entrys every so often.

this will cut down on registration times dramatically!!! sign in area will be OBVIOUS. give us a chance to enact this, the old ways are just too time consuming.

now addressing 'group awkwardness/attention'--
we as a multi-gaming community should not brush others off. the reason the smash world is 'weak' in alabama is bc of this. take these multi-game tournaments as an opportunity to enrich other gamers' lives on the greatness of smash--brawl, melee, whatev.

if we have enough setups, 'standing around' should not be an issue. SO BRING SETUPS!!

Im actually quite good at organizing things and believe this new way has a chance to workout. if it ends up being an EPIC FAILURE--i give you my permission to...idk...pelt me with paintballs? those things hurt, so i'll be on my game! :ohwell:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Eeeeeehhhhhhh for some reason, I've really never like the idea of taking all signups at the event money at the door. Some money may get mixed up when the payouts come in. If you're going to do that keep them in different bins or something, away from everyone.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
due to the condition of my car (still mobile just iffy), there is the small chance that i may be able to make it to this, even though all im pretty much im going to be doing is playing b+ (too out of it in brawl), so if i dont make it, im either broke down on the road somewhere or dead........

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
kola--> the money will not be placed in one single bin. seperate envelopes for each event should keep everything in order.
edit:
away from everyone? you think we will be in the midst of some thieves? but, yeah, all money will be kept 'away' so nothing gets mixed up or perhaps, goes missing.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
k awesome.

xD nah everyone is cool, just making it seem more professional that's all.

Winnar

Smash Lord
D*mn, at zero's own place, too?! be forewarned, he has two bros and a fierce, b*tch of sis!
haha
zero & i decided id be in charge of timing...first time ive led a tourney, so i figure i'll try some things out and see how effective they are.
first--registration for ALL events will begin when you walk in the door. sign in for each event you expect to participate in.
second--i will seek out each individual for entry fee & cross them off the list. if your payment is MIA at time of event start, you WILL NOT be entered into the brackets and therefore forfiet your chance to compete in that particular event.
third--you will be entered into brackets on comp(if entry fee is paid) before event begins.
**do not worry!! i will seek out and find each entrant before matches begin. if i can not locate you, i will not forget about you! before matches begin, i will double check and announce those who are missing payments. sign in lists will be cross checked for new entrys every so often.

this will cut down on registration times dramatically!!! sign in area will be OBVIOUS. give us a chance to enact this, the old ways are just too time consuming.

now addressing 'group awkwardness/attention'--
we as a multi-gaming community should not brush others off. the reason the smash world is 'weak' in alabama is bc of this. take these multi-game tournaments as an opportunity to enrich other gamers' lives on the greatness of smash--brawl, melee, whatev.

if we have enough setups, 'standing around' should not be an issue. SO BRING SETUPS!!

Im actually quite good at organizing things and believe this new way has a chance to workout. if it ends up being an EPIC FAILURE--i give you my permission to...idk...pelt me with paintballs? those things hurt, so i'll be on my game! :ohwell:
O:

All of that sounds really legit :D

Eeeeeehhhhhhh for some reason, I've really never like the idea of taking all signups at the event money at the door. Some money may get mixed up when the payouts come in. If you're going to do that keep them in different bins or something, away from everyone.
Kola mad paranoid fo rlez

due to the condition of my car (still mobile just iffy), there is the small chance that i may be able to make it to this, even though all im pretty much im going to be doing is playing b+ (too out of it in brawl), so if i dont make it, im either broke down on the road somewhere or dead........
Reimeii it's been soooooo long!! We definitely have to play some B+ :D Show me dat pika+ or whoever you play these days

dang I'm all kinds of hyped for this

matt4300

Smash Ace
The prospect of more competition in B+ excites me ... but that pika chu next to your name scares me... Link can't handle pika in B+ not many can...

HOPEFULLY the final set will be out before then... Everyone cross your fingers we won't have broken lucairo matchs to wade through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom