• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a reminder: falcon CAN own in brawl

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
to start off:
most of us know we can grab release>knee wario
so for example:
on an opponent wario with 0%, lure out attacks and just shield grab :D
grab>grabhit>grabhit>grab release>Knee>DI towards wario>regrab>grabhit x4>grab release>Knee = 50 % damage

and offcourse the Dair>Knee on quite some characters

and potentially the falcon kick ledge cancel combo's/'combo's' on alot of chars

So remember, falcon is still falcon

This topic is to post your succesfull techniques/approaches etc.

falcon CAN own in brawl

its just harder than with most other chars

bottom of bottom is just a title, it's about the matches we win, not the matches we lose

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Just a small move I almost always use and it works in alot of matches is a jump, flip backwards, fallfall>Knee. For some reason, no one sees it coming :)

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Just a small move I almost always use and it works in alot of matches is a jump, flip backwards, fallfall>Knee. For some reason, no one sees it coming :)
It doesn't work against the average players. Maybe the chances are 1/10 but usually that doesn't work.

Zeallyx

It doesn't work against the average players. Maybe the chances are 1/10 but usually that doesn't work.
it is underastimated how many times this actually works, like:
jab>jab>full jump (the opponent starts an attack)>FF>sweetspot knee

it is predictable if used often and quite risky, but it works, on some good players too

but I shouldn't rely on it too much though

legion598

Smash Ace
i find empty short hops to work wonders with falcon and even empty full hops watch ur opponent and if he does something that gives him lag just knee him if he doesnt tho just use an air dodge to get back to the ground because kneeing a shield is not a good idea. Also using a knee to punish opponents recovering from the ledge is ****. And finally dont be afraid to fast fall off stage since it allows u to actually hit ppl with knees and falcons recovery is great for cancelling downward momentum

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Do you want to be proven horribly wrong?
Unless your name is Rebaz Talei, I don't think you can. And Falcon potential wise has almost none, but that doesn't mean at lower levels he has no potential. Against amateurs he's a decent character, but tournament-wise and if your name is Rebaz, he has almost none.

He just lacks priority, easy ability to rack up damage, and a kill move. And at least one of these is crucial to Brawl.

And before I get flamed, let me say. I know he can quasi combo and I've faced Falcon who have quasi comboed me very well, but he cannot real combo you and if you avoid the quasi combos, little is left because he has to re-approach you difficultly.

Zeallyx

Unless your name is Rebaz Talei, I don't think you can. And Falcon potential wise has almost none, but that doesn't mean at lower levels he has no potential. Against amateurs he's a decent character, but tournament-wise and if your name is Rebaz, he has almost none.

He just lacks priority, easy ability to rack up damage, and a kill move. And at least one of these is crucial to Brawl.

And before I get flamed, let me say. I know he can quasi combo and I've faced Falcon who have quasi comboed me very well, but he cannot real combo you and if you avoid the quasi combos, little is left because he has to re-approach you difficultly.
mindgames are all we need

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.

I wasn't talking about me. I play an average Capt. Falcon. Capt. Falcon, without a doubt, is one of the worst characters in the game. But that doesn't mean he still can't ****. I know in America, he's not doing so well. But in Japan, he's doing pretty well (as well as Fox and Sheik, who are mid tier on our list).

Capt. Falcon can rack up damage pretty fast. He can't chain-grip, but he can definitely rack up damage. He also has a couple of kill moves, and I'm not talking about the Falcon Punch. He can also gimp a decent amount of characters.

No one's gonna flame you, what you say is true (partly). If Brawl had at least hitstun, he wouldn't be so bad.

nash123

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is with all the captain falcon motivation threads?Unless you are ****ing ******** you won't go, "OMG THIS GUY IS SO WRIGHT HE SERUISLY HAS POTNETIA;L".Any smart player knows that captain falcon is not good at all.Also, my bro, it's harder than you think to grab a good wario with captain falcon.How many captain falcons are placing high in tournaments?None.Silentspectre, he's good but he's still not placing high.Rebaz, never have seen a results page with his name in it.Champ, he needs foxes help.If captain falcon "owns" so much were are the results that prove this "ownage"?Sure captain falcons a cool guy but if you ever plan on winning a tournament then you are gonna have to get a high tier secondary.

Zeallyx

What the hell is with all the captain falcon motivation threads?Unless you are ****ing ******** you won't go, "OMG THIS GUY IS SO WRIGHT HE SERUISLY HAS POTNETIA;L".Any smart player knows that captain falcon is not good at all.Also, my bro, it's harder than you think to grab a good wario with captain falcon.How many captain falcons are placing high in tournaments?None.Silentspectre, he's good but he's still not placing high.Rebaz, never have seen a results page with his name in it.Champ, he needs foxes help.If captain falcon "owns" so much were are the results that prove this "ownage"?Sure captain falcons a cool guy but if you ever plan on winning a tournament then you are gonna have to get a high tier secondary.
yeah sure because tournies is where it's at
no seriously you may be right and all, but we know it
and you know we know
so just return to your own characters board
and grabbing a wario aint all that hard

Salem

Smash Champion
If you do get somebody off the stage with Falcon i'd say run off it quickly and U-Air attack them, best gimp ever, and a B-Air attack if they're high up will get them also for the KO obviously, theres probably more somewhere but I don't know.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Soft knee to jump +uair pwns a lot of characters. Bair and uair should be all you do off the stage 90% of the time. Up+B is nice, especially when you shout "JYES" as the opponent dies"

Zeallyx

Hahahahaha, I don't even play barlw, its so fauxing boring. Im so glad I wasted 50 bucks on a game I don't play. Break barlw
next step:
stop visiting the brawl boards :D

also, brawl isn't boring and you know it (it has more features than melee, this is a fact)
it just isn't melee 2.0, get over it

kthnxbye

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I'm just trying to break your minds of the delusion that Falcon can win in this game, thats all, he sucks and everything that made him good is gone. His short hop is too high(which makes it impossible to use nair to approach or even land it on some characters), lost what little priority he had in melee, throws are useless, he's slow as high heaven, knee sucks, can't l-cancel, and did I mention he can't combo?

Brawl is boring and I do know it, hehe.

edit: I know about features that Brawl has over Melee, but, the gameplay sucks and thats why I don't play it.

Smash Apprentice
Uair on grounded opponent to Jab at lower percents, RebaZ is using it quite often.

It's funny people still talk about no combos, no priority and stuff after one nearly year of SSBB, can't you just be quite from now on? I think every scrub knows that Falcon is horrible ;/

pklucas

Smash Apprentice
if you don't like brawl than why are you even on these boards....

but anyways does anyone know what the quasi combo is? I searched everywhere

Zeallyx

I'm just trying to break your minds of the delusion that Falcon can win in this game, thats all, he sucks and everything that made him good is gone. His short hop is too high(which makes it impossible to use nair to approach or even land it on some characters), lost what little priority he had in melee, throws are useless, he's slow as high heaven, knee sucks, can't l-cancel, and did I mention he can't combo?

Brawl is boring and I do know it, hehe.

edit: I know about features that Brawl has over Melee, but, the gameplay sucks and thats why I don't play it.
you are on a board of a game you don't like, you shouldn't be here
/discussion

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I see some potential in Captain Falcon, but that may just be because I don't play that often...
But I'll probably never play at tournament level, although my friends are quite aware of the tiers and do like to ridicule Falcon.
My plan is to man up my Falcon, beat them all...and then... Yeah. =)

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Blah blah blah falcon sucks

this is what I hear from Iceman. Go back to melee moar plox. Its not like anything you say MATTERS here.

I need to play Rebaz.. now if Izaw would HOOK ME UP WITH A MATCH > : (
But I feer the lag.

Btw, the reason you DON'T see rebaz's name on tourney results is because he's EUROPEAN. Check the EU results.

pklucas

Smash Apprentice
sorry to be a pain but what is the quasi combo? i didn't want to make one of those crappy "how do you do...?" threads.

thanks

Top Bottom