• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a thought: possible character screen

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How the hell can we unblur that? And what were you doing?!

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
we have already seen the character selection screen, just watch most any E for All footage.
even if it is a demo, it is closer than we can get with that.
Those videos only contain the beta/demo select screen, with only a few characters on there. That won't be the actual select screen, considering that there are only fifteen or so char slots.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The first two "letters" at the top look like Wi, so it's possible that says Wifi Match or something and is blurred since Wifi play was not yet confirmed.

Although that is a stretch since it is on the Name screen. But... you are selecting the name for your character for a Wifi match? Who knows...

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
imposing the 2 images you get

you might notice that the 2 horizontal lines are closer together then the borders for the portraits on the old character select SS there is also a feint line in the middle of the 2 lines, same as the borders of the unscrambled parts.

if the portraits are the same size then we are looking at a 45-60 roster (60 would be if it was packed wall to wall with the 73% size portraits and they were about square, 45 if it was 5 rows of 9)

however i can't get dates for the 2 images, "SSBB_old" has snake, but doesn't have iceclimbers, who were updated on dojo 1st, however is dated 9/9 which is before IC, so may have been a leaked snake image.
the names update is in june, so seems to be the older picture and could just have random patterns on it, not scrambled portraits, as it would be odd for the older picture to have newer info.
one saving grace is these updates could be planed months in advance, meaning while the names was added 1st, it could have been made later.

60 seems an unreal number and this is pulling at straws to prove anything.
this also leave room at the top for a game type title if it's 5 lines, as with 73% size portraits,
5.5 rows would fit.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I can see there being 36 characters, its a very likely number

ssb64 - 12

melee - 24

brawl - 36

(notice the pattern)

I decided to make a 36 man character roster to see what it would look like and i was able to fit in every character i wanted

Brawl character Roster

1.Mario
2.Link
3.Pikachu
4.Kirby
5.Fox
6.Samus/zamus
7.Zelda/shiek
8.Bowser
9.Donkey Kong
10.Yoshi
11.Peach
12.Ice Climbers
13.Pit
14.Wario
15.Ike
16.Pokemon Trainer
17.Diddy
18.Metaknight
19.Snake
20.Lucas
21.Sonic
22.King Dedede
23.Capt. falcon
24.Luigi
25.Ganondorf
26.Marth
27.Falco
28.Jigglypuff
29.Capt. Olimar
30.Krystal
31.Ridley
32.Geno
33.Claus
34.Midna
35.Lucario
36.Megaman

chances are all the characters i want probly wouldnt make it :(, but i still see 36 spots being enough to fit in enough characters....

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
actually shyguy, you say notice the pattern but theres 2 possible patterns.

ssb64- 12

ssbm- 24

ssbb- 48

This is the pattern that goes by the number being doubled each game.

But to be honest I don't think there is a pattern really.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya but 48 doesnt relate to the pic above , and i think its kinda intersting that that pic has 36 spots on it which is 12 more than melee and melee had 24 spots on it and that was 12 more spots than sbb64, im not saying its going to be exactly 36 characters but if i had to pick a number that would be it. If i was betting on it i would say there will be between 34 and 40 characters, anything more than 40 seems a little ridiculous to me, but hey id love to be proved wrong

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
i'm telling you, it's 25 not 24.

Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Falco, Mewtwo, Young Link, Roy
Marth, IC, Peach, Zelda/Sheik, Ness, Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Link, Captain Falcon, Yoshi
Ganondorf, Samus, Donkey Kong, Bowser.

thats 25 not 24.
also thats 18-19 (zelda is 1 or 2) move sets.
6-7 more then the orignial 11 (luigi/mario)
the pattern could be double and add one, but that doesn't make sense, would end up as 51, and could be any number of other patterns, it's only 2 games.

we have only 3 things to guess at the roster size, one is a ~35-40 i hear Sakurai being quoted for saying, but never seeing an official link to it.
we have the pic with 36 roster, made when when 17 characters were known, and before brawl was delayed till late January.
and we have a pic from earlier that may have been taken after the 36, and includes what looks like it could be 45-60 roster.

given the massive difference in development time in the 2 games, i don't think we can know what size it will be.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
whooops, ya i just counted theres 25 spots on melee (26 with shiek) so ya i guess 36 doesnt really mean anything but i still think its a sounds like a good number for brawl

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happier with a nice, even 40. That's a large number, and it can't be too hard to add four more characters, eh?

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Yes 40 does sound nice. Any thing higher I think would be considered an overload. 35-40 characters is sufficient. Otherwise we would all have a hard time choosing which character to go! (Im already having trouble deciding between DK, Zamus, Snake or Sonic).

raul

Smash Lord
I think the number of characters will tell us something about the future of the Super Smash Brothers Series. I was told by some members of this forum that Sakurai may not create a SSB4, so I'm thinking if we get 40 or more characters, Sakurai is pulling all the stops out on this one and the Super Smash Brothers series ends on the Wii, or if we get only 30-35 characters, perhaps there is hope for a 4th installment and Sakurai does not want not have enough choices for charatcers for the 4th game so limited the number of characters.

I hope I;m wrong and SSB never dies, but who knows.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
we have 26 known move sets or 23 playable characters already.
so we are looking at ~15 more if it's 40.
however, with falcon, luigi, falco, G&W, mewtwo, jiggs, ganon who are all expected vets, thats only 6-7 more newcomers. or 10 new move sets.

i guess that's a good number when you think about it.

Dubyah8r

Smash Journeyman
*******, GA (yes that really the name of the city,
48 is too many characters 36 is the limit i'd say... although I do think:
1.Mario
2.Link
3.Pikachu
4.Kirby
5.Fox
6.Samus/zamus
7.Zelda/shiek
8.Bowser
9.Donkey Kong
10.Yoshi
11.Peach
12.Ice Climbers
13.Pit
14.Wario
15.Ike
16.Pokemon Trainer
17.Diddy
18.Metaknight
19.Snake
20.Lucas
21.Sonic
22.King Dedede
23.Capt. falcon
24.Luigi
25.Ganondorf
26.Marth
27. Dante
28.Jigglypuff
29.Capt. Olimar
30.Krystal
31.Ridley
32. Miccah
33. Mr. Game & Watch
34.Midna+Wolf
35. Mewtwo
36.Megaman

Close Shy Guy.....

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well so far there are 23 characters, and keep in mind that this is just the starting lineup, not unlockables. I expect at least 40 or 50 characters.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
48 is too many characters 36 is the limit i'd say... although I do think:
1.Mario
2.Link
3.Pikachu
4.Kirby
5.Fox
6.Samus/zamus
7.Zelda/shiek
8.Bowser
9.Donkey Kong
10.Yoshi
11.Peach
12.Ice Climbers
13.Pit
14.Wario
15.Ike
16.Pokemon Trainer
17.Diddy
18.Metaknight
19.Snake
20.Lucas
21.Sonic
22.King Dedede
23.Capt. falcon
24.Luigi
25.Ganondorf
26.Marth
27. Dante
28.Jigglypuff
29.Capt. Olimar
30.Krystal
31.Ridley
32. Miccah
33. Mr. Game & Watch
34.Midna+Wolf
35. Mewtwo
36.Megaman

Close Shy Guy.....
Id be fine with that roster, but who the hell is dante? replace dante with geno or cluas and that list is good

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
If Dante is from fire emblem that gives u 4 fire emblem reps which is very unlikely, i think mother should get two reps this time and it should be claus.. Isaac is also a good choice, and of course geno who is like the most popular and most wanted character left. (besides ridly)

F-zero still only has one rep, but i dont think anyone else from that series deserves the spot

and u have mewtwo on there which means u have 3 first generation poke still left, thats why i have him being replaced with lucario to reperesent the new pokemon generation

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I still don't see why Mother deserves even two reps. Do you see another 3-series game getting more than one?

I think Dante is from Devil May Cry, in which case, epic fail.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I still don't see why Mother deserves even two reps. Do you see another 3-series game getting more than one?

I think Dante is from Devil May Cry, in which case, epic fail.
Dante IS from Devil May Cry. Replace with any of the characters you two mentioned. I'd also take any of the three over Mewtwo unless he gets a makeover.

Top Bottom