• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just for Fun: Falcon in the Next smash game; What will Falcon be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Guys, I was up all last night thinking of things falcon SHOULD have had in brawl.

A bigger knee hit box.
That GOT-DAM blaster in his holster that he doesn't use -_-.

It got me thinking about what falcon might be like in the next smash game; surely sakurai knows falcon isn't what he was in the first two games, and since he knows falcon is arguably THE most popular character in super smash bros (scratch that; he is the most popular character in the game series), I get the feeling he could very well up falcon's character attributes in the next smash game.

The question is, what exactly would be improved with falcon in the next smash game.

Should falcon punch come out on frame 20 instead of frame 53 (or whatever it is)?

Should falcon kick have the same ability to cancel itself whenever wanted by the player just like falco/fox's phantasm?

Should he be able to double jump again after falcon kicking off stage like in melee? (this won't happen lollll).

Should any of his moveset change at all, creating a new move to mess around with and learn? Or should his moveset stay the same, just with improvements here and there to tweak his character traits?

What do you guys think, and do you have any cool (realistic) ideas about what falcon could/should be like in the next installment of the smash bros. series?

I think he should have a blaster on par with ZSS's lazer. Imagine Stun>>>knee for KO's. Omg.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
His blaster should stay in his holster, Falcon is too manly to use weapons, he IS is own weapon.
And yeah, the Knee should get a bit better, not like in Melee, but a bit more usefull as an approaching move.
As for his whole moveset, I don't think anything has to change move-wise, but certain moves DO need some serious adjusting from this game, like Falcon Kick (I like your cancelling idea) and Raptor Boost (should have countering capabilities imo). His Dair must nipple-spike too.
His Up-B, however, could have some nice changes, for example:
- Still grabs ofcourse.
- At the top of the move, when he spins around after the Grab-box, his legs should hit what's above him.
- (a really cool one) When he comes down with the move, he just slashes his leg from freefall to ground (think of his U-tilt axe-kick, only in a downward motion from the sky). This would make his move safer to use. Miss a grab? Come from the heavens with a slashing kick on their skull.

Iwan

Smash Ace
His blaster should stay in his holster, Falcon is too manly to use weapons, he IS is own weapon.
And yeah, the Knee should get a bit better, not like in Melee, but a bit more usefull as an approaching move.
As for his whole moveset, I don't think anything has to change move-wise, but certain moves DO need some serious adjusting from this game, like Falcon Kick (I like your cancelling idea) and Raptor Boost (should have countering capabilities imo). His Dair must nipple-spike too.
His Up-B, however, could have some nice changes, for example:
- Still grabs ofcourse.
- At the top of the move, when he spins around after the Grab-box, his legs should hit what's above him.
- (a really cool one) When he comes down with the move, he just slashes his leg from freefall to ground (think of his U-tilt axe-kick, only in a downward motion from the sky). This would make his move safer to use. Miss a grab? Come from the heavens with a slashing kick on their skull.
haha, so it'd be like a better version of Ike's? Sort of? That sounds pretty sick, as long as it has the same distance horizontally and vertically as it does now (or better).

Raptor boost having counterabilities would be really cool too :D

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Yes, you could compare it to Ike's Aether, and distance traveled should be the same, it's good as it is now imo.
And about the Raptor Boost Counter idea, the Raptor Boost should only counter when he's going backwards and the counter attack should do 3/4% more damage and do higher knockback so that it's not easily followed up/combo'd. Don't wanna make it a broken move. He could also do one of his epic grunts, or just shout ''Falcon Counter!!'' pretty quick :p....
Oh yes, his jumping-momentum should be up-par with his speed.

Edit: just thought of this, when you recover high in the air and your opponent comes underneath you, Up-B would be like DDD's Up-B :p...Falcon finally won't get gimped every time. Justice...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
"show me ya moves" is an instant kill if hit by the hand.
able to cancel falcon punch.
sideB doesn't suck in the air (maybe make it like ganon's or have more priority).
falcon kick refreshes second jump and doesn't last so long.
invincibility frames on upb
jab cancel like ikes, but even better.
upsmash hits behind him as well as in front
fsmash slides more.
utilt goes about the same speed as samus', if not faster.
nair has several rather than 2 hits.

and as a joke, instant falcon punches with no lag at all.

kamimari36

Smash Apprentice
Bring back the nipple spike!
How bout this: Replace raptor boost with BLUE FALCON. He would run you over like Wario's bike.
"Show me your moves" has invincibility frames.
And know how Lucario has his Aura power? When Falcon has more damage, his Falcon Punch comes out earlier.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Give falcon his SSB up smash. Along with his falcon kick. Whatever his side smash was called. I think it looks cooler than the elbow. Or make it as a directional side smash. Like Smash to the right would be the flame kick smash. Smash in the corner equals the elbow.
Give a selction from all his costumes as or the way he looks, SSB,SSBM,SsBB

TEECO

Smash Ace
His grab range needs to be improved a bit.
Melee hitbox for teh justice knee.
CHARGEABLE falcon punch. (like dk)
Further recovery distance.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
He needs to yell "Raptor Boost!" whenever he uses it.

Also, he should shout "Falcon Dive?" Then, when it connects, the "YES!" will mean more.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Falcon need a full remake of his moves

He is a human, he needs more hokuto no ken style moves, for example, falcon can have a counterattack using the spirit of the Falcon who died in the anime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwFjEPYei8M.

His up taunt should be a suppout move to deal more damage with fire fists

Raptor Boost should be faster

He should have more comboing

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Falcon punch won't be a projectile.

The knee most likely won't get a bigger hitbox.

Falcon won't be top tier.

/end the D*** discussion

Hiiiiiii

Smash Cadet
The Falcon Punch hitbox should be changed to the whole screen, and it should come out and end on Frame 1.

Then the laws of physics are being obeyed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom