• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Just Powershield His Blaster"

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
People say this a lot when they evaluate a Wolf matchup, ever notice that?

Are people unaware that Wolf's Blaster is not limited to predictable, ground spam? Example, I actually use the blaster to hit people in the air! Last time I checked, people can't powershield things in the air. Obviously legit for beating spaced aerials, or baiting air dodges and punishing with something much nastier. Quality marksmanship is a valuable skill.

It's common sense.

Btw, get at Wolf's bayonet gimp.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
:O

Blaster in the air? This is madness.

But yeah... their loss, I guess. I usually use blaster to hit airborne opponents as well. Any more detail you'd like to give on the bayonet gimp?

:059:

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, yeah, but at least I know for a fact that this would hold true for Bowser. Bowser likes to keep to the ground.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
:O

Blaster in the air? This is madness.

But yeah... their loss, I guess. I usually use blaster to hit airborne opponents as well. Any more detail you'd like to give on the bayonet gimp?

Bayonet has decent knockback at even 0% and sends them at a pretty low/gay angle. It's gimping potential MAY be situationally viable. It's like a more awkward version of Fox's Melee Shine Spike.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Just powershielding a blaster is easier said then done because although I'm sure its very easy in training and against *******es, which it is, a wolf isn't just gonna give you a free blaster politely. Its like saying powershield a laser. Not that bad with one but it screws over your approach and when you try to find a way to approach, you can no longer powershield it. It in combination with other stuff *****.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
It's not Wolf specific Mostly in matchup discussions people will dig real deep to show why their character is better and ignore as many disadvantages as they can tons of people refuse to ever accept any projectile as an advantage over their character. "Just Powershield it" is Smash wide I'm afraid.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i laser on ground and air.the best thing is to b reversal blaster in air or ground.people dont see it comin most of the time and most of the time cant avoid it.but u risk side b ing to death if u fail b reversal so u do need to practice it or die trying

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Air Blaster gives you easy DI. Its a pretty nice tactic for retreating and approaching, among other things.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Yes, Wave Bounced Blaster/B-Reversed/Whatever is pretty neat. It causes a very sharp momentum change. I've really been able to throw people off with it, specifically for creating distance to land on the ground.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Bayonet Gimp!
I thought this was known, Someone was hanging on the ledge at 0% I jumped off hit them with bayonet and it led perfectly into a spike.
It was amazing.

Maybe your bayonet gimp is easier/more situationally useable, but I like my version.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
No. I stage spiked he campe Back, and I dair'd.

I wouldv'e got it on video but they camped the whole time in the match (It was a MM too)
Ether next time i see you we're doing Wolf dittos.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The main problem with the bayonet spike for me is that it's not a full-out spike since the laser stops them. Not that it makes it useless, more like somewhat awkward. Also, for gimping tether recoveries, what do you guys use? I've taken a liking to shine.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I myself do that. I gimp using the laser. Jump off stage, shoot, jump, shoot, recover. It's better than getting a massage in a hot bath at the end of a day's work. It's risky, but I'm an idiot, so...

Bayonet feels good too.

bobson

Smash Lord
Metaknight's not so bad. Just powershield all of his attacks and he can't do anything.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Metaknight's not so bad. Just powershield all of his attacks and he can't do anything.
Nah he can still grab. Cape all of his attacks. NOW WE'RE TALKING! And cape his Up B offstage for the gimp. Or Mirror Shield. God I love Mirror Shield and Cape. Pit and Mario are too broken.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Lol I didn't think they thought of the blaster like that I could see it now...

Smasher 1: Who are you gonna use?
Wolf User: hmmm I think i'll use Wolf
Smasher 1: HAHAHA are you serious!? He is so easy I can just powershield his lazar!!!
Wolf User: Wait what about if I use it in the air???
Smasher 1: I just powershield duhhhhhhhhhh :dizzy:
Wolf User::ohwell:

Top Bottom