• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just read the Kotaku interview.....

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Hrmmmm, after some thinking you have gotten me to change my mind... Sort of anyway. I still don't care for the mechanic all that much as I still find it to be artificial and arbitrary to an extent and I still believe it can be handled better or replaced. But I also realize that there is a certain necessity to it, though not so much as to make the game unsuccessful if it is lacked but it does help the quality some, and that over all it can help to actually balance the game more and it is better to have it then to not have anything like it. I think we have reached a understanding.

Well, L-cancel was in Melee but it didn't hurt the game for those who played casually or as a party game. Advanced tech is more for the better players to keep the game from getting stale. I'm glad I could sort of change your mind LOL. I agree it could be better too (replaced not so much). Like I said before, I would have made it only possible on attacks that actually hit or even those that hit shields, or maybe not reduce lag but simply allow you to cancel into another attack. So you would need to L-cancel and input an attack of some sort during that time to actually get the cancel. It's just important for stuff like it to be there so top players always have room to grow.

Top Bottom