• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just started playing PM with Roy.

Bijan

The 5-0er
I just got PM the other night and played it for the first time. I have tried out all of the characters and I have to say Roy is my favorite and I'm maining him right now. I'm already fairly good at the game with him, but do any of you guys have any advice for using Roy.

TangledTris

Smash Rookie
I would watch some of Sethlon's matches on Youtube. Also, make sure you stay mobile with Roy. In my experience, if you don't move enough a good spacies player will be able to tear you to shreds.

DiscoZ

Smash Rookie
New Roy and Sheik player and new player in general here. From what I've seen and what I've read: Sethlon is based Roy. Try to be him. What's helped me a lot is watching videos with him. Watch for all the technical movement and play.

Bijan

The 5-0er
Thanks for the replies guys, all of them have been very helpful and I'm already getting quite good as Roy.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Learn to SHFFLE, then learn to move. The comboes will work itself out over time.
This is very true. Smash is not like 2d fighters where learning combos are a separate thing. To combo you need a variety of factors in place first. It was not until I got better at shffle, following DI, understanding what can combo into what, etc that I was able to get combos off.

Top Bottom