• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just wanted a few pointers.

Noodlesis

Smash Rookie
Just hoping for a few pointers playing as Roy, I'm pretty bad at the wave dash still, but I usually don't do that bad...

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
Shffl more? Ok, shffl nairs and fairs more.

It's hard to help you without some more of the stuff in the "what I can do" category. ;(

Demon_Lord

Smash Cadet
Shffl period umm....learn your grabs they are helpful
and basically add a what i can do addition to your post that would help a lot

basically what sky said XP

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
I'm sick of people telling other people down for the character they play.

Please, gtfo. If he wants to play Roy, he wants to play Roy. There are, you know, such things as secondary characters.

Srsly.

Jash

Smash Lord
Well here am i again, back in other thread with some ***** saying to stop using a character. Do you like seeing the same characters all the time? Its boring man. Imagine if the world used marth, fox and falco and no one else? No one would play this game if they did that, it would get boring and tiring. So if you are going to come to thread about Roy and tell people to stop using Roy, then go to another forum. Your not wanted here.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Well here am i again, back in other thread with some ***** saying to stop using a character. Do you like seeing the same characters all the time? Its boring man. Imagine if the world used marth, fox and falco and no one else? No one would play this game if they did that, it would get boring and tiring. So if you are going to come to thread about Roy and tell people to stop using Roy, then go to another forum. Your not wanted here.
at high level play, all you see is top 8 with a few exceptions. and that doesnt get boring ever.

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Basically, run away. Just use dash dance to run in and out of their range. You'll prolly have to do this for Gannon or Marth since their range seems greater than Roy's. I suppose you could spam DED or use it as spacing, but I don't have much experience with that.

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
practice.

Learn to wavedash (betteR)

Shffl everything (as best as you can)

Fight more advanced people.

Listen to Hank. He wins.

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
well i do agree with roy-san. everything you really need to do as a roy is there.

accept for the hank part.

he does not win. heh

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
i hate how there are always people putting other players down because of the character they use. it gets really old fast, and is kind of ridiculous if you ask me. just let people use who the hell they want. i play Sheik as my main, and Roy is my Low Tier character. I know i can choose other "better characters" but i chose Roy because i like him. but w/e. i know that it won't end or change anytime soon.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Definitely learn to SHFFL. Use neutral B to edgeguard since you don't have to hit near the handle for it to be effective, use down tilt (especially on floaties) to get your opponent in the air and start some combos, and learn to use Roy's grab game. Forward throw floaties at lower percentages and at higher percentages try to finish them with bthrow and a follow up such as bthrow -> wavedash -> forward smash (won't work if they DI correctly) or whatever you can work in. Up throw fastfallers and work in the u-air at mid/high percentages to keep them from getting out of combos.

Top Bottom