• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just wondering how the matchup with Fox is...

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
So yeah my friend plays Fox vs my Samus. He does the drill/shine and all that jazz. I am WD alot(Seems to help)

Anyway my question is with Fox's great Uair and Upsmash and his shine to stop my missle spamming how is the matchup??? Is a it fair matchup or no???
I think it is favoring Fox 60-40 or 65-35......

Thanks!

Watty

Smash Lord
wronnnnnnnnnnnnng good sir IMO samus has the advantage if the fox is agro, and if it is defensive it is harder but still do able so depending on the foxs style its samus advantage or even

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
wronnnnnnnnnnnnng good sir IMO samus has the advantage if the fox is agro, and if it is defensive it is harder but still do able so depending on the foxs style its samus advantage or even
Hmmmm even though i am still a "nOOb" i have to disagree....
Samus BIG weakness is that she dies easy of the top. Is Fox good at killing off the top lol maybe the BEST!!!

Also if the Fox has mindgames he can deflect ALL Samus projectiles......

BUT if I am wroung please tell me why Samus if great agaist Fox!!!

frangow

Smash Rookie
i have hard times agains foxxes here
one of the hardest matches , i believe 65/35 to fox O.o
he have Uair and Upsmash to kill samus up , his game in long range its superior , and he can shine if samus need grapple to go back.
but im not sure about it

homsar

Smash Ace
Fox vs samus is pretty even. Two of my friends play fox. One as a secondary and one as a third. Anyways, Ive played them so much that whenever they try to shine I can usally dodge it, You gotta mix up your recovery by bomb jumping, rising grappling, regular grappling, and up b sweet spotting. If you can start a combo then it will be hard for him to stop a missle spam. If he does get a reflection in try to power sheild it back into his face or just block and back off. Do not use the charge shot unless you know he cant shine it. Just having it full will cause him to shine whenever he thinks you will use it so you can take advantage of that. And for the Up smash, its pretty easy to see coming, learn to predict it and sheild, WD away or maybe grab him before he does it.

Watty

Smash Lord
Hmmmm even though i am still a "nOOb" i have to disagree....
Samus BIG weakness is that she dies easy of the top. Is Fox good at killing off the top lol maybe the BEST!!!

Also if the Fox has mindgames he can deflect ALL Samus projectiles......

BUT if I am wroung please tell me why Samus if great agaist Fox!!!
k u are wrong. see fox can kill u up but thats it, see samus can DI away and down smash fox or shield, u can CC all the air attacks till around 80% into a down smash, u don't need projectiles to win. You lead with forward tilts. Once the fox is off the edge, juss forward tilt because they will prolly over b so angle it to whatever direction need be, and if the up b up tilt. Also shoot homing missiles to make them go below the stage so u have a better idea of the angle they are gonna go for with he up b.

believe what u want, but Ive been playing competetivly for years now and this is my best matchup.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
If you're a Samus in the know, Fox is only a problem if he is both:

1) effectively campy

and

2) good at shine edge-guarding

Otherwise he's pretty easy. Overall, I think this match is even. Slight favor to fox, very slight.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Sooo I have been talking with my good friend about double dtick DIing out of foxes main kills. Drill shine upsmash and upthrow upair. If you can react fast enough to the drill and you manage to hold both joy stick and Cstick away from the dair fox will likely miss the shine. This effectivly takes away one of his greatest kill set ups. The question I have is if you make fox miss a shine what do you think is the most effective move from there. Off the top of my head I would think dmash because of its speed. Also fox kills with upthrow to upair. When you are going to get upthrow DI left or right then when fox chases you with the upair hold both sticks the other way. So if you DI right first when you know the upair is comming DI with both sticks to the left. Often this will cause only the first hit from the upair and you will live. This makes the match up alot more managable.

Top Bottom