• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
D

Deleted member

What's wrong with Shulk? But yeah, that poll is BS. I'm suprised anyone honestly cares anymore.
Probably because most people don't care to realize that this poll has been manipulated to death.

I seriously hope Sakurai doesn't get his hands on this. The last thing we need is to give Sakurai an excuse to ignore Western fans, especially when DUNSPARCE made the semi-final.

We need a poll purely about what we want, not about winning and with as few botting as possible. That's our only chance of getting a legitimately large poll that Sakurai may look at.

yani

Smash Lord
I did, but I could not copy that voice without making it sound completely ridiculous and off....

So I instead went the route of DK64, complete with voice effects.

EDIT: Here's a WIP on the voice, and yes, it needs a little work, ESPECIALLY the laugh. Feel free to critique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg7nrwmCBU0
Awesome job!!

Also, I must be the only one who considered Mining Melancholy his favorite DKC2 song.
It's my second favorite :bee:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's a shame that that...thing...has such little votes for K. Rool. We need to make our own poll with appealing choices. Maybe then Smash speculation can be taken a bit more seriously...

Just for kicks, I voted for K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

It's a shame that that...thing...has such little votes for K. Rool. We need to make our own poll with appealing choices. Maybe then Smash speculation can be taken a bit more seriously...

Just for kicks, I voted for K. Rool.
Yeah, there needs to be a new poll. But hopefully, one that is large can be done. Even if Sakurai never sees another large poll from us, at least it'll give us a good insight of what people want.

And still not voting. That VGTribune rigged poll is not worthy of attention that it got and people are going to be disappointed when that poll does absolutely nothing to influence the roster.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What's wrong with Shulk? But yeah, that poll is BS. I'm suprised anyone honestly cares anymore.
I really don't like how Shulk has been put on a sky-high pedestal as a prospective Smash newcomer, simply because his game has a cult following and not really due to anything unique about the character himself. That, and most non-Isaac sword users don't interest me, because I don't think Sakurai can give them appealing movesets (this is a controversial stance, I know).

Well, at least if the poll's results are shown to Sakurai, he'll see that K. Rool cracked the Top 8 overall out of, like, 50-odd newcomers. Unless he's just shown the inevitably terrible winner, that is.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
If someone makes a new poll please make it the top 5 or 10 characters instead of 1 like the VGtribune just seems stupid to me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know, it made a huge deal about how a list would be sent to Sakurai. Last I checked, one name a list does not make.

D

Deleted member

If someone makes a new poll please make it the top 5 or 10 characters instead of 1 like the VGtribune just seems stupid to me.
I think a poll should have people select whoever they want to see as a newcomer or returnee. Therefore, every character gets a fair shot.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Unfortunately, that won't be the case, according to the bozo in charge.

@bond2425 said: @RogersBase Will you only be showing the character that's wins the Smash Polls to Sakurai? Or all the characters that competed in the Polls?

To which @RogersBase replied: @bond2425 Only the character that wins.

So much for this thing having any shred of credibility.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This poll never ceases to amaze me.

I've wondered something about King K. Rool for awhile now. Considering Sakurai's view of King K. Rool and his alter egos are that they are separate entities, brothers, does that mean King K won't make use of the blunderbuss or jet pack? Been wondering about that.

D

Deleted member

If Ness and Lucas can borrow techniques they don't learn from their friends that do, K. Rool can borrow weapons from his "brothers".

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Ness and Lucas can borrow techniques they don't learn from their friends that do, K. Rool can borrow weapons from his "brothers".
Thought of that, but I can also see Sakurai just making him go the "Bowser/King DDD" route and using different types of jump/slam moves.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, that won't be the case, according to the bozo in charge.

@bond2425 said: @RogersBase Will you only be showing the character that's wins the Smash Polls to Sakurai? Or all the characters that competed in the Polls?

To which @RogersBase replied: @bond2425 Only the character that wins.

So much for this thing having any shred of credibility.
Wish I could post there and criticized the living heck out of that poll and why they should not submit it to Sakurai.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Fortunately enough, this poll will be forgotten in a few days. Or unfortunately, perhaps, since it at least gave the community something to discuss (however negative it may have been).

I think the consensus regarding K. Rool's alter egos is that he will use moves from them, due to their weapons being his most obvious source of potential, although the possibility of him using original attacks still exists, as does the possibility of him only using his blunderbuss, since DKC3 content rarely, if ever, sees the light of day in modern games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I read someone's explanation of the results...apparently, Skull Kid and Ghirahim were bot-voted by some Zelda fansite, along with Ridley and K. Rool (so the Zelda characters would have the appearance of beating them). Dunsparce was the primary target of 4chan voters.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
That poll already was a failure from the start.
I do not know how the moron in charge of that chit has the courage to show that crap to Sakurai.
Let's all just hope Sakurai dosen't take it seriously.

D

Deleted member

Thought of that, but I can also see Sakurai just making him go the "Bowser/King DDD" route and using different types of jump/slam moves.
If it's nearly as good as BKupa666's MYM move set of DKC1 King K. Rool, it's still good. Just as long as he's not lame.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool actually passed Layton in that poll and could potentially pass Shulk and Ghirahim...here's to hoping he actually does. Those two are nothing more than fad characters, unworthy of a playable slot over a long-deserving franchise villain.

D

Deleted member

Undeserving over K. Rool, I agree.
Fad characters? Ghirahim maybe, but not Shulk. Then again, Miyamoto did want Ghirahim to be remembered...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Undeserving over K. Rool, I agree.
Fad characters? Ghirahim maybe, but not Shulk. Then again, Miyamoto did want Ghirahim to be remembered...
How is Shulk not a fad character? His game JUST came out and suddenly he's everyone's choice character.

That seems pretty fad character to me

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
How is Shulk not a fad character? His game JUST came out and suddenly he's everyone's choice character.

That seems pretty fad character to me
While it's odd everyone wants Shulk now, he is the protagonist of a new IP, while Ghirahim was a villain in one game of a long-running series and probably won't appear again. Like Skull Kid.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would have mentioned Skull Kid, but I don't think any character has a shot when the Zelda forum bots are involved...heh.

If Shulk becomes playable, at least he'll have starred in a new game (though Isaac and Saki both ought to have priority due to being recurring), rather than flaunted his 'fabulousness' throughout it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would have mentioned Skull Kid, but I don't think any character has a shot when the Zelda forum bots are involved...heh.

If Shulk becomes playable, at least he'll have starred in a new game (though Isaac and Saki both ought to have priority due to being recurring), rather than flaunted his 'fabulousness' throughout it.

Seriously though, shouldn't this be about King K?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's a distinct disadvantage (conversation-wise) K. Rool has over someone like Ridley or Megaman...there's so little to disagree about regarding the character and his chances, we often have to discuss subjects only tangentially related to him.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's a distinct disadvantage (conversation-wise) K. Rool has over someone like Ridley or Megaman...there's so little to disagree about regarding the character and his chances, we often have to discuss subjects only tangentially related to him.
How about this then. Let's talk stages. Considering Sakurai's tendency to use stages based around the latest games, do you think King K. Rool will end up having an unrelated Donkey Kong stage, or something like Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krok?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How about this then. Let's talk stages. Considering Sakurai's tendency to use stages based around the latest games, do you think King K. Rool will end up having an unrelated Donkey Kong stage, or something like Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krok?
Personally I think that if we get three DK reps (which we damn well better), it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to expect three DK stages, two at the least. Even Melee had 3 DK stages. This way, we could get our probable DKCR stage as well as a K. Rool home stage (I'm hoping for Gangplank Galleon) as well as another DK stage (possibly a past stage, though hopefully not the ones from Brawl). Even if we only got two, we could still have one to represent the new game and one to represent the classic DKCs (again, hopefully GG), which would probably be K. Rool's stage.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, we probably won't get just two, considering it would be a step back from both Melee and Brawl. However, point still stands.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Personally I think that if we get three DK reps (which we damn well better), it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to expect three DK stages, two at the least. Even Melee had 3 DK stages. This way, we could get our probable DKCR stage as well as a K. Rool home stage (I'm hoping for Gangplank Galleon) as well as another DK stage (possibly a past stage, though hopefully not the ones from Brawl). Even if we only got two, we could still have one to represent the new game and one to represent the classic DKCs (again, hopefully GG), which would probably be K. Rool's stage.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, we probably won't get just two, considering it would be a step back from both Melee and Brawl. However, point still stands.
We'll definitely be getting a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage (*coughSunsetShorescough*), and we'll definitely get a returning DK stage.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I actually hope the returning stage is 75m...not that I'd ever play on it. You see, if 75m doesn't return, we'll very likely have another DK stage slot wasted on the arcade games, robbing us of a better one from the Country series, while a second Jungle stage returns instead.

The way I see it, we're either getting:

Sunset Shore
New (Gimmicky) Arcade Stage
Returning Jungle Stage (Rumble Falls, most likely, due to recency)

or (preferably)

Sunset Shore
New Country Stage (Gangplank Galleon)
75m Returning

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My prediction has always been...

Sunset Shores
Gangplank Galleon
75m (Brawl)

I think 75m will definitely be the stage coming back. The only series I see getting multiple new stages are Donkey Kong, Mario, Metroid, Pokémon, and Kirby.

Top Bottom