• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
COME, my pale-faced children,
Follow well in order, get your weapons ready;
Have you your blunderbusses? have you your sharp edged crowns? Pioneers! O pioneers!

For we cannot tarry here,
We must watch my darlings, we must bear the brunt of danger,
We, the youthful sinewy races, all the rest on us depend, Pioneers! O pioneers!

O you youths, K. Rool youths,
So impatient, full of action, full of manly hope and friendship,
Plain I see you, K. Rool youths, see you Smashing with the foremost, Pioneers! O pioneers!

Have the elder races halted?
Do they droop and end their lesson, wearied, over there beyond the E3?
We take up the task eternal, and the burden, and the lesson, Pioneers! O pioneers!

All the past we leave behind;
We debouch upon a newer, mightier Smash, varied Smash,
Fresh and strong the game we seize, game of labor and the march, Pioneers! O pioneers!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Alright guys. Soon, the decisive moment might very well be upon us! We could very well be looking at the day when we can unite with other K. Rool fans to discuss our now-playable King. Peace, my fellows! I must rest!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
BET YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS CHILL THREAD AREN'T YOU. NOBODY RUINING YOUR GOOD TIME. MUST BE NICE.

D

Deleted member

BET YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS CHILL THREAD AREN'T YOU. NOBODY RUINING YOUR GOOD TIME. MUST BE NICE.
Things will likely change soon though, with all the idiots going "K. ROOL IZ IRRELEVANT SO HE HAZ NO CHANCE!" (unless King K. Rool is confirmed).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Things will likely change soon though, with all the idiots going "K. ROOL IZ IRRELEVANT SO HE HAZ NO CHANCE!" (unless King K. Rool is confirmed).
There's always an idiot who will do that, even if a character is confirmed.

I remember back in 2007 that there was a group of people who thought Snake was cut from Brawl after he was confirmed! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

There's always an idiot who will do that, even if a character is confirmed.

I remember back in 2007 that there was a group of people who thought Snake was cut from Brawl after he was confirmed! :laugh:
Now that is some crazy **** going on here. Seems as you really have to ride the hype in order to get a feeling of how stupid the scene will get.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Now that is some crazy **** going on here. Seems as you really have to ride the hype in order to get a feeling of how stupid the scene will get.
Yeah, and of course, they came from GameFAQs (and IGN) like all where from all idiot storms brew, and where we get all the stupid little crews, that live in a land of a dream that's not true, and they think it's real and new, but it's nothing but a lie they never believed, yet they told to you.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Nah, he's comin' in a few hours. I bet all my internet bucks on it. We'll be seeing him and Little Mac duking it out in the ring in no time.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
o
If Mega Man, Ridley, and K. Rool are confirmed in the debut trailer, I have to shave my head, arms, and legs... and it would totally be worth it. :teeth:
That would be A LOT to reveal in one trailer (although I'm sure you're well aware of this). I'm sure he's going to save much of the suspense. If anything, he'll probably reveal the name, some gameplay with the new graphics, briefly introduce a couple of new mechanics, and then debut a couple of characters near the end, just like he did with Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy should've been in Melee. No excuses.

Ideally we would've got K.Rool in Brawl already. But am having small hopes he's getting revealed in the next 2 hours.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Alright, here goes my last post in here before the trailer and the floodgates it is sure to open. Regardless of who or what is in it, I'll see you all on the other side, ready to build up one of the greatest Kutthroat communities this board has ever seen alongside all of you.

For the last time before we know the actual name of the game...K. Rool for SSB4!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If he gets revealed as a boss I'll rage so damn hard you wouldn't believe it...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If he gets revealed as a boss I'll rage so damn hard you wouldn't believe it...
That's like the last thing that'd happen, he's more likely as an assist trophy, and that's even unlikely as all heck. K. Rool is a character and nothing else.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hmm, I don't know if we're avoiding Nintendo Direct spoilers, so I'll collapse my message:

So, the baddies in the next DK game are a bunch of different arctic animal vikings... K.Rool might not be making an appearance in this one either. No worries, though, I'm sure.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Just saw that....anyway, keep calm people that doesnt mean anything. I have a good feeling that our King will appear at the trailer....just 30 minutees....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Welllllllllll....

The fact that the roster is likely finalized by now means that, whether or not K. Rool appears in Tropical Freeze, he's not actively hurt by it, though if she's added last minute like we've been forecasting, it helps Dixie. At this point, I'm far more worried by the fact that only two newcomers were shown, thus giving credence to the possibility that there actually might be a small number of newcomers.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hmm, I don't know if we're avoiding Nintendo Direct spoilers, so I'll collapse my message:

So, the baddies in the next DK game are a bunch of different arctic animal vikings... K.Rool might not be making an appearance in this one either. No worries, though, I'm sure.
If it means that Dixie gets in Smash 4, I can live with that.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
While I'm disappointed that he wasn't in the trailer, it does make sense that if they were only going to show two newcomers that they'd be from new series. Also, y'know what, maybe K.Rool is also in charge of these vikings.

ViKing K.Rool for Smash?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Also, if Brawl 5 Generation 1 Pokemon (especially Ivysaur out of all of them) then K.Rool definitely have a chance despite being "retired" as well.

And even then we STILL don't know if he's truly not in Tropical Freeze.

Hell they added Dixie Kong and snow and water levels when fans complained they weren't in Returns. We're probably gonna see more past DK characters

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, not exactly relating to K. Rool (especially since his chances of showing up in the new DKC look slim - hey, there's always DKCR3 :troll:), but this made me very very happy. :grin:

Almost makes up for Retro not announcing Starfox or Metroid. :smirk:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
o

That would be A LOT to reveal in one trailer (although I'm sure you're well aware of this). I'm sure he's going to save much of the suspense. If anything, he'll probably reveal the name, some gameplay with the new graphics, briefly introduce a couple of new mechanics, and then debut a couple of characters near the end, just like he did with Brawl.
We got a lot more than Ridley, K. Rool, and Mega Man.

Of course, I wasn't expecting a character to give me cancer.

And no, I'm not talking about Mega Man melting my balls, I'm talking about that... THING!!!!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Crazy theory time!

Why is K. Rool skipping out on the recent DKC games? IDK, but maybe he's trying to pull a Knightfall on DK. Constantly sending new types of villains to wear DK down, then swooping in at the last minute to finish DK off.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Crazy theory time!

Why is K. Rool skipping out on the recent DKC games? IDK, but maybe he's trying to pull a Knightfall on DK. Constantly sending new types of villains to wear DK down, then swooping in at the last minute to finish DK off.

I'd buy it. It's a pretty classic way to introduce new villains while pretending that the classic villain is still in the picture. Who knows, K.Rool might just have gotten tired of his kroc pals always failing to stop the Kongs... he's moved onto animals and tikis of all sorts.

Alternately, he realized that he'd rather stop messing with the Kongs' bananas and just play baseball with them. Maybe he'll clearly be a playable character in an upcoming DK game. :p

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Well, it seems every newcomer so far has their own video for them. Villager in the main trailer, Megaman got his own, and Wii Fit Trainer got her own too. Now, with the awesomeness each of their trailers had, just imagine how grand King K Rool's trailer will be!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know what this means? Up until it's revealed, we get to write our own K. Rool trailer transcripts! :awesome:

splat

Smash Lord
In the DKC Tropical Freeze Developer Direct, Kensuke Tanabe mentions there's a fourth playable character (around the 2:24 mark).

Could it be possible that that fourth slot is filled by the King?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
That'd be hilariously awesome. More likely it's just one of the big, strong Kongs... but that always seemed redundant with DK. I wonder what abilities they'd give a playable K.Rool in a DK game, heh.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In the DKC Tropical Freeze Developer Direct, Kensuke Tanabe mentions there's a fourth playable character (around the 2:24 mark).

Could it be possible that that fourth slot is filled by the King?
Maybe. Hopefully. Though something tells me it's going to end up being Kiddy Kong.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I hope the general consensus among the fanbase doesn't become "K. Rool is now unlikely, Dixie is now a lock," because to do so would be to brush aside all evidence we have as to how roster selection is handled. Based on Brawl and, to a lesser extent, Melee, character rosters are chosen very early on in development, with known last-minute additions resulting from winning a fan poll (Sonic) and developers wanting a larger roster (the Melee clones). Notice how none of this has to do with the release of new games in close proximity to Smash, nor the characters they contain. In fact, a track record exists for such games not receiving content in Smash , as seen through Brawl's lack of Mario Galaxy and Prime 3 content, among others, and Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin content in Melee being limited to trophies.

A lot of this boils down to users handling character 'chances/likelihood' in a fluid manner, as though characters are added to the game once they are confirmed for it, and not a second sooner. A more retrospective approach to speculation, in terms of evaluating characters' chances of being present on the unknown yet decided final roster, would save the community as a whole a lot of relevance-tinged grief, and definitely ought to apply in this scenario.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That'd be hilariously awesome. More likely it's just one of the big, strong Kongs... but that always seemed redundant with DK. I wonder what abilities they'd give a playable K.Rool in a DK game, heh.

Y'know, I'm not going to settle on it, because when I thought they'd do playable Wario, they did Nabbit, a NEW character, in Super Luigi U.

However, it could make sense to make it K. Rool. That way, they wouldn't have to introduce Kremlings as enemies, and wouldn't need to devote too much time to them. In addition, it would placate all the fans asking for him. In addition to that, it makes sense that if the plot is "Vikings come and do viking things on DK Isle" then K. Rool would naturally get the boot off the island if he's there. And...he wouldn't like that, in a Bowser sort of way.

Enough to team up with DK, Diddy and Dixie. He could also provide a unique asthetic and a unique set of abilities. Come on, Retro. Dedede was in Return to Dreamland.

I'm not expecting that, but it could very easily happen.

But most importantly about this title: 1. Dixie. DIXIE! and 2. David Wise is doing the soundtrack. I **** a brick.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The fact that the 4th character in Tropical Freeze could be Kiddy, Funky, or another Kong, the vikings can possibly be hijacked by K.Rool.

Top Bottom