• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, here's how I see the Direct going.

Worst case scenario: Dixie gets an underwhelming reveal, the relevance/slots nuts go insane, we have to explain to them why this isn't the end of the world.

Best case scenario: Everything we've hoped for for the past year and a half comes true.

So yeah, nothing too bad. See you all on the flipside.
worst case scenario: no dk rep

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Dixie being revealed doesn't sound like a worst case scenario to me. Not sure why it would be underwhelming.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
alright, something worse (than just dixie) would be that Dixie is confirmed AND it's confirmed K Rool won't be in.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dixie being revealed doesn't sound like a worst case scenario to me. Not sure why it would be underwhelming.
Let me rephrase that...it might not be underwhelming, but it will be overrated to the moon and back by the people desperate for any new info whatsoever. It certainly wouldn't be on par with the sheer joy of Mega Man, for example.

D

Deleted member

The worst case scenario to me is if we got just Diddy Kong and nothing else. No newcomers or special trailers… just a slideshow for Diddy Kong.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Is everyone going to post in this thread tomorrow? Saying "Sorry for your loss" if K. Rool doesn't make an appearance and another DK character does? Of course, no one will say that for just Diddy Kong... he's a VETERAN.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Worst case scenario: Dixie gets an underwhelming reveal, the relevance/slots nuts go insane, we have to explain to them why this isn't the end of the world.
Ugh, as if it isn't annoying enough having to deal with the "confurmed stage huzurd" people as a Ridley supporter, if Dixie is revealed I can't even seek solace on the K. Rool front.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, here's hoping for a K. Rool reveal. Sadly I'm not optimistic enough to think that he's going to get in over Diddy/Dixie on the release date of Tropical Freeze...

I guess whatever happens happens. I'm sure we'll get something cool.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Is everyone going to post in this thread tomorrow? Saying "Sorry for your loss" if K. Rool doesn't make an appearance and another DK character does? Of course, no one will say that for just Diddy Kong... he's a VETERAN.
Actually, this is pretty much what I hope to see. I want Dixie, but not at this moment if it means I can stave off another Pyrosphere situation. Hoping to see Diddy, Ice Climbers (for Valentine's Day), or even Palutena.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What I said earlier? I take that back. I was so certain that Dixie/Diddy would be THE character reveal of this Direct. Now, with Little Mac, anything is possible.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Feels bad to be ignored (neither Dixie or K. Rool was announced), but hey, Mac looks awesome at least.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This wasn't the best case scenario, but it was definitely a stellar reveal. Stellar, you know, because of the Star Punches? Heh.

We can maybe see Diddy once Tropical Freeze comes out in the U.S., then K. Rool some other time.

Mac can definitely be shown off boxing with K. Rool when the time comes.

Last edited:

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
well we got one fan favorite character confirmed so hopefully King K Rools time will come soon enough

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, we all expected a DK character but Mac looks really awesome.
Guees we will just have to wait for our king (E3 2014 maybe?)

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
No K. Rool, but they did reveal my other most-wanted newcomer

I have nothing to complain about today

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
One "leaked" newcomer down, 3 to go.

Also, I think we're getting a Direct in April. Palutena and K. Rool make sense for that.
Two to go, you mean. We got Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and now Little Mac... all that's left are Mii and Pac-Man.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Two to go, you mean. We got Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and now Little Mac... all that's left are Mii and Pac-Man.
Of that specific leak=??? Yes.

I was also thinking of Palutena though.

So if we assume that those rumors are true, we got 8 newcomers confirmed.

We'll probably get 2-5 after that, and K. Rool is definitely prime among them.

Groose

Smash Champion
Let's do a bit of thinking here, shall we? We just got our first character of the month; if we get a second one as has been the recent trend, it will almost certainly be Diddy. Now, I don't see another newcomer happening until at least April, perhaps not even until the big June Direct (or E3 Conference). That will be a looooong time after the release of Tropical Freeze.

There is one potential DK newcomer who would be good for hyping Tropical Freeze. You'd think if we were getting that newcomer, they'd be utilized in hyping the Tropical Freeze instead of being revealed closer to the launch of Smash. On the other hand, there's another potential DK character who'd be really good as a last-minute Smash hype builder...one who's requested around the globe...one who has boxing skills that rival those of Little Mac...

We dodged a bullet today, my fellow Kutthroats. And the longer we can keep dodging them, the more likely it is that we'll see a certain green krokodile come back into the spotlight.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Let's do a bit of thinking here, shall we? We just got our first character of the month; if we get a second one as has been the recent trend, it will almost certainly be Diddy. Now, I don't see another newcomer happening until at least April, perhaps not even until the big June Direct (or E3 Conference). That will be a looooong time after the release of Tropical Freeze.

There is one potential DK newcomer who would be good for hyping Tropical Freeze. You'd think if we were getting that newcomer, they'd be utilized in hyping the Tropical Freeze instead of being revealed closer to the launch of Smash. On the other hand, there's another potential DK character who'd be really good as a last-minute Smash hype builder...one who's requested around the globe...one who has boxing skills that rival those of Little Mac...

We dodged a bullet today, my fellow Kutthroats. And the longer we can keep dodging them, the more likely it is that we'll see a certain green krokodile come back into the spotlight.
Precisely. I don't think things are looking terribly hot for Dixie or Cranky at the moment. It's Wonder Red not being shown off all over again. That being said, I'd need to see a different newcomer revealed following Diddy to be more sure of what you're getting at.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Precisely. I don't think things are looking terribly hot for Dixie or Cranky at the moment. It's Wonder Red not being shown off all over again. That being said, I'd need to see a different newcomer revealed following Diddy to be more sure of what you're getting at.
Yeah.... the DKC newcomer(s) that we'll probably get are looking more and more K. Rool heavy.

Also, I'm still kinda mad at Third K. In our Skype chat he accidentally said "OMG King K. Rool" instead of "OMG King Dedede".

I thought we got a double character trailer.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Yeah, after today, I find it somewhat hard to believe that Dixie will be making the cut (my apologies to all Dixie fans out there). They literally had the perfect opportunity to reveal her today, either as her own character or as part of a tag team with Diddy. They could have easily revealed Diddy early on today and then had Dixie follow up right behind for the Direct, and all of it would be great promotion for Tropical Freeze. Heck, Valentines Day being brought up supports the idea further. They really had no reason NOT to reveal her today, at least the way I see it. And after missing such an ideal opportunity, revealing her later might just look odd. So... If Dixie isn't appearing, then what about a certain DK character that didn't appear in Tropical Freeze?

I think that the reveal of Mac should be rejoiced by K. Rool supporters. His chances have just increased quite a bit.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
OR it means since we got a miiverse reveal, we won't be getting a newcomer reveal from the direct. Keep in mind that a newcomer reveal from a direct doesn't have to be someone from the DK franchise, so getting Diddy on the Miiverse kills any shot of any newcomer being revealed.
Wow man, how does it feel to be so right?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh yeah, I guess now is as good a time as ever to request that I be added to the list of supporters. K. Rool has always been part of my Top 5 most wanted characters, and I think his chances are greater than ever after a rather narrow escape.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Yep. I really don't want to get too excited, but it seems as if the two remaining scenarios are K. Rool being playable or no DK newcomer.

I'd like to think that there would be no way that Sakurai would allow only 2 DK reps, but I think at this point it's about as likely as K. Rool making the cut.

Oh well. Regardless, I think his chances went up today (and Dixie's chances took a huge hit).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's amazing to think how a diminutive, late-teen boxer from Brooklyn could help boost the Kremling King's chances while dealing a blow to Dixie Kong herself.

I still have high hopes for King K. Rool, even if Dixie is revealed before him. Oh, and can I make a request to be part of the list of supporters? Although Ridley is currently my most wanted newcomer, King K. Rool is easily up there in my favorite requests for SSB4. Donkey Kong Country was one of the first games that I ever played as a kid, and K. Rool was one of the first video game bosses that I remember.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Make that four, King K. Rool's been one of my most wanted for quite some time now and he's still one of my favorite boss battles from back when I was younger so I'd love to show my support for him as well.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Tell me I wasn't the only one chanting "K. Rool!" when Iwata said that the new Mario Kart 8 characters might not be who we expect. One of the Karts also looked like Gangplank Galleon, which made my heart skip a beat until I realized it was just a Koopa airship.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Tell me I wasn't the only one chanting "K. Rool!" when Iwata said that the new Mario Kart 8 characters might not be who we expect. One of the Karts also looked like Gangplank Galleon, which made my heart skip a beat until I realized it was just a Koopa airship.
My brother and I were chanting for Captain Falcon and Kirby, actually.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I thought it'd be something random like Sonic or Dixie Kong
Dixie I could see, but Sonic would surprise me since he's third party.

Anywho, about K. Rool, does anyone know where the original artwork/original edit of this roster icon came from?

I want to edit the colors and whatnot to make it a bit of a better icon..

Smady

Smash Master
Yeah, after today, I find it somewhat hard to believe that Dixie will be making the cut (my apologies to all Dixie fans out there). They literally had the perfect opportunity to reveal her today, either as her own character or as part of a tag team with Diddy. They could have easily revealed Diddy early on today and then had Dixie follow up right behind for the Direct, and all of it would be great promotion for Tropical Freeze. Heck, Valentines Day being brought up supports the idea further. They really had no reason NOT to reveal her today, at least the way I see it. And after missing such an ideal opportunity, revealing her later might just look odd. So... If Dixie isn't appearing, then what about a certain DK character that didn't appear in Tropical Freeze?

I think that the reveal of Mac should be rejoiced by K. Rool supporters. His chances have just increased quite a bit.
Agreed, and one thing I also feel like adding here is how Little Mac and Rosalina both help K. Rool's chances because they are characters who have very unique playstyles. What that means is that no character in Smash Bros. yet has the desyncing minion that Rosalina has, nor do they have a meter, rushdown-based set like Little Mac Likewise Villager has a very eclectic set full of random props and attacks, WFT has a simplistic melee set/is a joke set and MegaMan is all projectiles, even to the point that his tilts/strong attacks like forward tilt are a projectile.

This helps K. Rool because quite simply, he far more than any other DK newcomer exemplifies an original moveset. He's a heavyweight - an important archetype so far missing from the newcomer list for this game - and he has projectiles. There's an obvious angle to take this, and make a heavyweight projectile user, although as well K. Rool can basically have any type of playstyle and have it be unique. His character, shape and size are all superbly original as far as the Brawl cast go, which makes him a good fit for what Sakurai seems to be going for with these newcomers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom