• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

UltimateWario

Smash Master
What Bowser has over a lot of other villains is that he's a great father and king. His child(ren?) and subjects love him to death.

Bowser's a great guy, he just makes questionable relationship and career choices.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
King K Rool should be the third DK character.

After seeing Diddy and how he is in this game, I don't give a crap about Dixie anymore, she's the same freaken thing as Diddy and I'd rather play as King K Rool, besides I don't want three dirty apes on the roster, that sucks.

I think if they could add Wolf as a Starfox character, than they definitely can add King K Rool.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I believe that really soon we'll getting not only the DKC trilogy, but also DK64 at Wii U's Virtual Console... Nintendo just need to take off the RareWare logo of the begin of the game, and make their (Rare's) credits just in the end of the game (if it is even an issue, which I doubt... since they were on Wii's Virtual Console without a problem).
I think they'd also have to take Jetpack out of Cranky's Lab as well, but other than that, DK64 on the VC is very possible, and I really hope to see it.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Well, i guess KRool has some problems with the ladies too, since as you might remember in DK64 (Spoilers...i guess?)..........
He gets distracted by Candy while Funky shots the **** out of him.

So , while Bowser has more relationship problems, the King also should focus less on eye candy...damn that was a lame pun.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why is this thread still about Bowser and bashing Dixie?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Whatever, Bowser and K. Rool both rock in their own ways despite their flaws but hey, even heros have flaws too, take Luigi for example, he's afraid of ghosts unless he has a poltergust 3,000 or 5,000 but that's another story. Ok, back to K. Rool, anyone find any cool cover themes of his game music, I particularly like this version someone did of his gangplank galleon theme from the original donkey kong country game.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Already done.

Yeah, hence the 'luck' part (that, and him getting in to begin with). Though, with three Kirby characters being Brawl starters, you never know for sure.
Luck ain't got nothing to do with it. Do you really think Sakurai would pass up the opprotunity to put "Three Trouble Kings" as the first event match? Therefore K. Rool has to be in and on he starting roster. Q. E. D. :troll:

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I think K Rool's trailer should have some characters duking it out on Pirate Ship, then boom, Gangplank Galleon crushes the ship, the characters climb up the anchor, only for one to be hit off by a crown. Boom, K Rool.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm always on the border of "yeah he'll definitely be in, who else could they possibly add that could be better?" and "he's probably not going to be in because that would make me happy and God simply isn't going to allow that".

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm always on the border of "yeah he'll definitely be in, who else could they possibly add that could be better?" and "he's probably not going to be in because that would make me happy and God simply isn't going to allow that".
You never know, God does have his days when he wants to be nice.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
You never know, God does have his days when he wants to be nice.
And then God sayeth unto Welshy "Nay, thou shalt not partake of the crocodile in the Smashing of Brothers, for that would bring much joy to thee, and also to spite the creator of the thread promoting aforementioned crocodile for adding the mark of the beast to his alias."

If we don't get K.Rool it's because God hates Bkupa for putting 666 in his name.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
And then God sayeth unto Welshy "Nay, thou shalt not partake of the crocodile in the Smashing of Brothers, for that would bring much joy to thee, and also to spite the creator of the thread promoting aforementioned crocodile for adding the mark of the beast to his alias."

If we don't get K.Rool it's because God hates Bkupa for putting 666 in his name.
Lol holy crap now that you mentioned it, I can see why you think so. Still though, I've got my hopes up.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I still don't see it. Can someone describe it? xD
Okay look at those floating bananas then look at that rock right under them, can you see the eye?

D

Deleted member

I still don't see it. Can someone describe it? xD
There is an eye-looking thing at the top of the formation.
In the middle of the formation, there are two large, white rocks that represent teeth.
The bananas represent a krown.
The shape of the rock is a bit deformed; it kind of looks like a head.

This rock is a reference to King K. Rool.

Last edited by a moderator:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Nice K. Rool reference. I hope this is Retro's way of saying "Hey we have not forgotten K. Rool and the Kremlings"

lilt

Smash Journeyman
There is an eye-looking thing at the top of the formation...

This rock is a reference to King K. Rool.
Oh… well then, I didn't get the joke & thought there really was him to be seen.. But really, this is no reference to King K. Rool… especially when you realize, that the "eye-rock" is nothing but a fossilized seashell like the one in the forefront of it. Altough, I really want to see him join the roster.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I BELIEVE
Unlike that this reference is rather obvious and glaring. It was easily the first thing I spotted.

It's a really cool nod honestly, at least goes to show that Retro doesn't hate him like some people accused them for.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Unlike that this reference is rather obvious and glaring. It was easily the first thing I spotted.

It's a really cool nod honestly, at least goes to show that Retro doesn't hate him like some people accused them for.
I'm really hoping that it's foreshadowing for his return in the next DKC game.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master

That reference did come true in the end. Ridley and Master Hand weren't playable but they did appear in the SSE. Although this reference is a lot funnier and more creative, especially the banana crown. Retro made a similar reference at the end of DKCR with a crocodile statue.

Top Bottom