• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

My uncle's monkey who works at Nintendo told me that K. Rool is in this game but the only way to fight him is by beating fifteen enemies in Cruel Kerfuffle with the Donkey Kong+Diddy Kong tag-team character which is unlocked by jamming your DK and Diddy Amiibos together
Seems I'll have to buy some Amiibos

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I do in fact remember an entirely different game where the roster is of entirely different significance to the gameplay and, to an extent, the fanbase.

What's your point?
Nothing really, just saying. I mean, it's better to consider all the possibilities.

I believe that no info on Ness, Cap, and Jiggs so far already confirms secret characters.
Well yeah, maybe. But it wouldn't be that weird to see them pop up suddenly on site either. If there are secret characters, I'd say they're semi-clones like Wolf or late additions like Snake in Brawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nothing really, just saying. I mean, it's better to consider all the possibilities.

Well yeah, maybe. But it wouldn't be that weird to see them pop up suddenly on site either. If there are secret characters, I'd say they're semi-clones like Wolf or late additions like Snake in Brawl.
Uhh... Snake wasn't a late addition, he was considered since Melee

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042

I think you mean Sonic and not Snake. We already have like 30 starters if we go by how past Smash games show off secrets after release (third parties are announced but secret in game for marketing, that's why I say 30). They won't be announced if secrets are returning, we have such a large starting roster already. And if they do, then I guess Sakurai is truly going the spoiler free route and showing everyone off.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I come with a leak.
This I don't know if I can trust.
My sis saw a leak awhile ago but didn't take note of it. It was taken down later.
She told me it said Lucario was the next character to be announced. [this was before he was announced.]
Wait do you know Lucario's next. She says from what she remembers it hasn't been wrong since then. All the newcomers preceding Lucario were guessed.
She doesn't remember it very well, but she said she remembered seeing K.Rool.
I know about 2 of you will believe me, so eh. But wanted to share.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I come with a leak.
This I don't know if I can trust.
My sis saw a leak awhile ago but didn't take note of it. It was taken down later.
She told me it said Lucario was the next character to be announced. [this was before he was announced.]
Wait do you know Lucario's next. She says from what she remembers it hasn't been wrong since then. All the newcomers preceding Lucario were guessed.
She doesn't remember it very well, but she said she remembered seeing K.Rool.
I know about 2 of you will believe me, so eh. But wanted to share.
Nice fake.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
M'kay.
Asking if she remembers who will be confirmed later so eh. It could be fake I dunno. I didn't come up with this, my sis isn't really a liar [most likely] so this guy could have been lucky to guess Lucario.
Sorry, man, but it just looks way too good to be true, as badly as I want K. Rool. :p

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
There is absolutely no evidence we won't be getting secret characters this game, and my point was, given the statement sakurai has made this game (that he hates spoilers, likes people to be surprised, the major trolling he has done- I mean, there are far more instances of his demonstrations that he is trying to surprise us than simply naming the revealed characters; discuss his entire M.O)-- given ALL that, I'd say it is extremely likely we are indeed going to continue with having secret characters.
On top of that, secret characters aren't confirmed to be a thing anymore.
Sakurai never said he hated spoilers. What he hated was the fact that the uploading of the SSE cutscenes made it so that actually buying and playing the game wasn't necessary to enjoy something so development and space intensive. That is not the same as finding out the secret characters before playing the game, as you would still need to play the game to get any enjoyment out of it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sakurai never said he hated spoilers. What he hated was the fact that the uploading of the SSE cutscenes made it so that actually buying and playing the game wasn't necessary to enjoy something so development and space intensive. That is not the same as finding out the secret characters before playing the game, as you would still need to play the game to get any enjoyment out of it.
This is exactly right. People keep blatantly missing the whole point. I think that we might even still get a story mode this time around, we just won't get SSE's massive cutscenes. And we won't have a story mode in the same way we had the SSE, but that doesn't mean we won't get any sort of Story Mode whatsoever.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
hey wait a second, I just realized a problem with that leak.
How the hell would somebody working in advertising know of a character getting cut?
Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS: Now with 100% less Lucas! BUY IT NOW

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
hey wait a second, I just realized a problem with that leak.
How the hell would somebody working in advertising know of a character getting cut?
Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS: Now with 100% less Lucas! BUY IT NOW
Clearly a lot of people hate Lucas if it's worth advertising that he's not in the game. :troll:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
So, uh... why exactly is this rumour getting so much attention compared to the other dozens of "leaks" that are posted to Gamefaqs daily? Seriously, I've seen it posted so much even outside of here. It doesn't even reveal much! Is it because the poster put a "time limit" on it? Because it's so much harder to say "oh here's some arbitrary date so you can all figure out that I'm full of **** that much faster?"

D

Deleted member

So, uh... why exactly is this rumour getting so much attention compared to the other dozens of "leaks" that are posted to Gamefaqs daily? Seriously, I've seen it posted so much even outside of here. It doesn't even reveal much! Is it because the poster put a "time limit" on it? Because it's so much harder to say "oh here's some arbitrary date so you can all figure out that I'm full of **** that much faster?"
Because it being true would mean K. Rool ded(<--not a typo)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I have no idea. Its just more crap. Maybe we're talking about it because it means ill for K. Rool.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
N64 games are rumoured to be coming to the Wii U VC soon. Here's to hoping we get DK 64, with K. Rool at his finest. <3

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Doesn't Nintendo have problems with putting DK64 on VC due to Rare issues?
I think it's only because of Jetpac and nintendo not owning the original coding to the original arcade Donkey Kong game. Heck even one the programmers who made DK64 suggested nintendo to replace Jetpac with Mario Cement Factory.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, "ka-rool" kind of defeats the point of the pun. It's so close to "cruel" it just makes you think why not just call him Cruel? Kay Rool is much more deliberate.

Besides the name is King K. Rool. The initial is important.
(It's Michael J Fox, not Michael Jefox.)
Note to Self- Make a Michael J. Fox Mii For SSB4

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

AND K.ROOL HIMSELF IN MARIO SLUGGERS!!
Lol I just pop in here and all of a sudden "Oh HOLY **** who brought up Vector?"

I love the Chaotix. :D Prefer Espio but Vector's cool, too.

And yes, K. Rool is playable in both Mario Sluggers and Barrel Blast.

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
Already posted a couple pages back and its even referenced in the topic title. I don't think we'll get a character reveal this week, let ALONE Falco.
Sorry, I didn't go back a few pages until after I posted it which in retrospect was kind of dumb... But regarding it's plausibility, I'm leaning towards someone is just trying to bank off of the gematsu leak and it's fake. I'm not dismissing it totally, but I don't personally believe it due to the aspect of Lucas' cut being something someone in promotion would know nothing about among other reasons.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Petilil here and I have some info.

More like clarifications but that's okay. I asked my friend about when Shulk would be revealed or how he would play and he has no idea about either. Then I asked him how he knew Lucas was cut, and he said that he got to see some character sheets that had the franchise logo on top (like the mushroom for Mario or the Pokeball for Pokemon) and below had the Dojo pictures for all playable characters that use that logo (so like the mushroom one had Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and Rosalina & Luma). He said that the one with the Earthbound logo on it only had Ness. Asking for a few more specifics, I did manage to get out of him a few more returning veterans, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, and Wolf, and the fact that there are no new Donkey Kong characters.
From the same guy who brought you "K. Rool is a boss."

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
From the same guy who brought you "K. Rool is a boss."
Keep in mind the friend who does not work at Nintendo because he doesn't exist is part of the Msrketing department when he says this.

"Oh look, the entire character roster in front of me 2 months before release. Better just say Lucas is cut instead of just telling you the roster."

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375

Guys, guys, guys.
Just keep calm and find Chunky Kong.

The image is supposed to be small by the way.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The quotation I read from him stated that he did not enjoy how the internet ruined the surprise.
And- did you see the Dojo? He specifically hid the secret characters so that they would be a surprise. I have no idea what basis you are coming from, mate. He enjoys the thrill of the surprise, throwing fans off. Every step of his actions makes that explicitly clear.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Today I woke up with my right eye being pretty damn blood shot, all thanks to my hay fever. I was considering throwing on a crown and a cape, but I do think taking my allergy pill was the better course of action by the end of the day.

Top Bottom