• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Man this one really stings.

I had so much faith he was gonna be here. It seemed like such an OBVIOUS choice.

I'd really like to hear Sakurai's thoughts on this. :\

At the end of the day though...

STAY STRONG KUTTHROATS! SHOW THE KING YOUR LOVE. NOW IS THE TIME TO LET NINTENDO KNOW YOU WANT HIM!

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
K Rool is the most obvious DLC choice. He'll front line that **** next year.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I honestly want an explanation as to why the big 3 were not included in the, quote, "Best character game".

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At this rate Sakurai's image is becoming increasingly d***ish by the moment.

Mewtwo: "Oh, let's mess with Greninja's trailer model to trick people into thinking he's coming back! And let's bring that Pokemon back that everyone thinks replaced him in Brawl too!"

Ridley: "They're the most tormented support base? Let's screw with them even more by leading them on for over a year and then pull out the rug from under them at the last moment!"

King K. Rool: "Let's see, this guy's the most wanted 1st party newcomer worldwide? Well I'll put his troops in a 3DS exclusive mode, throw in a stage from Melee, aaaaannnddd that's enough for the DK franchise. Now how about all that KI content I was working on?"

Just...screw everything... I'll give the benefit of a doubt and hope there will be Wii U DLC, but as of now I'm extremely sour over this.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
STAY STRONG KUTTHROATS! SHOW THE KING YOUR LOVE. NOW IS THE TIME TO LET NINTENDO KNOW YOU WANT HIM!
The time to let Nintendo know we wanted him was ages ago. They're either not listening, they don't care, or they're holding him back because WE NEED EVEN MORE HYPE (and possibly extra cash too.)

It'd be both flattering and insulting to see the King as paid DLC now. Just flattering if it's free to hype the Wii U version.

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
Man I hate to say it but Sakurai has pissed me off and look im still getting the game but there is no reason why k rool mewtwo hell even if dixie got in over k rool why didnt donkey kong get new reps. KID ICARUS HAS THE SAME AMOUNT plus a clone its ridiculous

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hope the last character reveal trailer of tomorrow is regarding dlc characters, though I highly doubt it unfortunately. Oh Suckerai you never fail to prove us right.

D

Deleted member

It sucks that we didn't get a 3rd DK character in general; the series deserves a third character. I'm really bummed out by this loss since getting in this game meant a lot to King K. Rool. Things might look a bit bleak for him in the future... I hope Retro brings him back.

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
I want to believe....

Oh well. At least this thread didn't come under attack by haters. *CoughRidleyCough* the moment they got the chance.
Yea well the only argument against k rool is relevancy which doesnt mean anything but they both should be in the game needs more villains and has like no donkey kong stuff and honestly the amount of ki uprising stuff Pisses me off like really sakurai like yea we know you made a DECENT reboot of a series you dont have to make every feauture IDENTICAL and have Items and characters etc etc ugh so annoying

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Y'know? People say gamers are entitled, and we whine when we don't get what we want.

My counter to that is that it's the developer's job to give us what we want, and if it's been spelled out in black and white, and we still don't get it, someone's not doing their job right.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's ironic, all this time it was never Dixie vs K. Rool, it was Donkey Kong Country vs Sakurai.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We may hear something more about SSB4 3DS or the Wii U version tomorrow during Nintendo's Live Stream.

Hopefully, Sakurai has something up his sleeve.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I. . .am not giving up hope until we see the Wii U version. Call me delusional, setting myself up for disappointment, whatever, my expectations are still at rock bottom. That being said. . .

It makes perfect sense to me that the three most hyped characters, all villains we've seen neither hide nor hair of, would be held back to bring hype to the version of the game that was going to have an uphill battle selling copies from the start. I mean, what else are they gonna use to hype it, a few half-baked single player modes?

Sakurai may be backwards as far as gameplay goes, but he's not completely incompetent with content.
90% of the 3DS game's marketing was Mii's and Smash Run. They'll just market the Wii U version with whatever unique features it has.

I've been saying it the whole time, you can't trust Sakurai to be logical. I knew from the start the roster would be smaller than we expected, and I knew it'd be a clonefest after the Lucina reveal. The fact it is a clonefest suggest they were running out of time and needed to pad out the roster urgently, so I doubt that they have some massive character reveal for the Wii U version.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
We may hear something more about SSB4 3DS or the Wii U version tomorrow during Nintendo's Live Stream.

They're only going to cover SSB 3DS, I think.
Even then, I seriously doubt they would outright talk about the WiiU characters when the 3DS version isn't even released over here. If anything, if they even want to talk about it, it'll be when they begin to focus on the marketing of the WiiU version. And that's clearly not the priority here.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I love how the K. Rool thread hasn't exploded into flaming and hate filled responses. Kudos to you fellow Kutthroats for behaving in a civil manner!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
They're only going to cover SSB 3DS, I think.
Even then, I seriously doubt they would outright talk about the WiiU characters when the 3DS version isn't even released over here. If anything, if they even want to talk about it, it'll be when they begin to focus on the marketing of the WiiU version. And that's clearly not the priority here.
Well, if the normal assumption about SSB4 Wii U is that it will release sometime in November then Nintendo needs to get to work pumping out that information.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I'm very saddened over this. I have waited since childhood and really honestly in my bones thought we fans had an actual shot at seeing him finally in smash. Words really cannot describe the feeling of brokenness I feel over it. I love the original DKC villains so much, it's irritating how a game that SAVED the Super NES and made Nintendo tons of money could be shafted so much.. I don't know what to say anymore. I honestly would prefer to see someone else take control of the smash franchise from here out if sakurai keeps this up. I mean why is this always the case. K.Rool was the most requested, easy to implement, popular, and colorful character that could've made the cut.

I am extremely very super highly disappointed. I pray they get their head out of their rears about this, or at least for the love of God and all that is holy put K.Rool in A GAME..ANYTHING..SERIOUSLY DKC3? Smash Wii U? I will take anything at this point..

This is like Banjo Kazooie 3, but worse..

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Another thing that irks me is the fact that there was huge support for more females and VILLAINS, so sakurai just ignored the villains part and just put a **** ton of females (wii fit trainer, robin, villager, rosalina, palutena, zss as her ow character) what did villains get? Bowser jr. And to an extent dark pit but he isnt really a villain and they got rid of wolf. When all the fans were asking for were two villains really(king k rool and Ridley i dont see mewtwo as a villain) so he really couldnt have added those two characters..best character roster my ***

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I know this is the K. Rool thread, but since Ridley's place has self-destructed and the two support bases had a pleasant alliance, there's really no other safe place left then here to post such things, so here ya go.

Just wanna punch someone in the face so much...

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Well, if the normal assumption about SSB4 Wii U is that it will release sometime in November then Nintendo needs to get to work pumping out that information.
Of course. But I don't think it's going to release in November at all. Hell, I wouldn't be even surprised if it gets delayed for 2015, actually. As of now, I feel like the safest bet is that they're just going to regurgitate what we already know for the public, maybe we'll get the unlockable characters on the website around October, and then we'll finally get information about the WiiU content half of them being menu screenshots.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice

Hope so but doubt it this is the final roster and as biased moronic and idiotic as it is this will always be the smash bros 4 final roster expecting that it will change will just prolong the inevitable, if Sakurai honestly didn't think they were as worthy as Wii Fit Trainer or Doctor Mario or Dark Pit to be in the final game or the 100s of Kid Icarus items then why would they be a priority for DLC the truth is we as a fanbase of smash as a whole, got played big time each of us maybe not on purpose but still. We saw the locked symbol and Sakurai hinted that that meant we would get more characters and we didn't no sign of Donkey Kong at all or of Isaac's assist trophy and we assumed that meant King K Rool and Isaac would be in and they werent, we saw Ridley's shadow and nothing more for months and we assumed that meant it was a trick it wasnt. The game is over we wanted to see the roster early and so we latched on to anything that would stick leak after leak, theory after theory, picture after picture after picture after picture hoping for more hints that weren't there to begin with. Had we just went into the games with no expectations and no hopes then right now no one would be upset. We would think oversaturation of KIU is weird but we didn't expect any more. COngratulations Sakurai you made the greatest flop of a fighting game roster in history why take those polls of fan's top wanted characters if you weren't going to consider the 3 biggest ones the idea that he actually thought when looking at his roster with Dark Pit but no new DKC characters Dr Mario but no new Metroid and Wii Fit Trainer but dropping a bunch of valuable veterans and said "Well this is about the greatest fighting game roster ever conceived" is actually more surprising than infuriating. The one thing this roster is making me realize is that I should seriously have no expectations that Smash 5 for Wii W will be any better roster-wise

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
This is so very disappointing. I never voiced my support for the King here, but he always was one of my favorites. Thankfully I didn't get my hopes too high after the back to back deconfirmations of my favorite characters Toad / Ashley / Stafy. At that point I was just praying to get at least one 'cool' newcomer (cool varying depending on your standards), and since plenty of people supported Ridley / Mewtwo / K. Rool / Dixie / Krystal / Bandana Dee, etc... I wasn't very worried...

But in the end worrying would have served no purpose. I'm still slightly hoping for DLC but... Well, you know what I mean : Sakurai.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
This is incredibly depressing. Sakurai not only ignored K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo, but also cut Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas. He added Dark freaking Pit and restored the veteran that almost nobody wanted. I am going to make a video soon about K. Rool and it will include pans to get him back into DKC and Smash DLC. It's been a fun experience fellow kutthroats and I hope to see you awhile when K. Rool is DLC or in a few years when we are discussing Smash 5.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm going to be rewriting the K. Rool for Smash DLC website when I get the chance (read: after my Spanish exam tomorrow) to reflect a few things:

--We want him back, period, not just in Smash
--No need to play coy, we know that Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie/Chorus Men are coming to the Wii U, and they're nice, but they're still missing a croc.

Anyhow, until that happens, fingers crossed we get more Smash Run footage. . ."Large Kremling" is still missing.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'm honestly kind of upset about the reveals. Yeah, I got one character I really liked, Mii is pretty novel(although I think the novelty of playing as Chuck Norris will wear thin), and Robin seems interesting from a spell-sword RPG nerd, but none of the characters made me lather with foam from the mouth.

The roster was devoid of giant reptiles. In the end, that's what brings me to tears the most.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I. . .am not giving up hope until we see the Wii U version. Call me delusional, setting myself up for disappointment, whatever, my expectations are still at rock bottom. That being said. . .

It makes perfect sense to me that the three most hyped characters, all villains we've seen neither hide nor hair of, would be held back to bring hype to the version of the game that was going to have an uphill battle selling copies from the start. I mean, what else are they gonna use to hype it, a few half-baked single player modes?

Sakurai may be backwards as far as gameplay goes, but he's not completely incompetent with content.
This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to tell everybody. I just can't see them having no surprises in store in regards to characters for the Wii U version, as it would hurt the excitement for the game. I just think that there's a good chance a lot of consumers will become content with the 3DS version if there's nothing to hype people up with. Different game modes and stages won't generate all that much excitement. On top of that, with Wii U sales being as dismal as they are (though they've been picking up recently), I can't see Nintendo folding their entire hand already when a lack of excitement/surprises could potentially have a negative affect on driving Wii U sales with Smash.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
--No need to play coy, we know that Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie/Chorus Men are coming to the Wii U, and they're nice, but they're still missing a croc.

Anyhow, until that happens, fingers crossed we get more Smash Run footage. . ."Large Kremling" is still missing.
Uh we don't know that, not at all, outside of hopeful speculation as far as we know these characters are not in smash 4 as playable characters at all

Last edited:

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to tell everybody. I just can't see them having no surprises in store in regards to characters for the Wii U version, as it would hurt the excitement for the game. I just think that there's a good chance a lot of consumers will become content with the 3DS version if there's nothing to hype people up with. Different game modes and stages won't generate all that much excitement. On top of that, with Wii U sales being as dismal as they are (though they've been picking up recently), I can't see Nintendo folding their entire hand already when a lack of excitement/surprises could potentially have a negative affect on driving Wii U sales with Smash.

EXACTLY my thought!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Jv9WlSyBg

It took a bit to upload, but I figured to upload a video with a positive outlook rather than negative. We will not know for sure until Wii U is out. Only sakurai and co really know what's going on with "wasted IP's" K.Rool will be a very shameful waste of a beautifully crafted villain IP if he is unused in smash 4.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Kutthroats. Chin up. Have we seen our king yet? We haven't, right? And what does that mean? That means he still has a chance. He has a chance of showing up later when the Wii U version arrives. He has a chance of showing up later via DLC.

It's not over until the King appears as a non-playable character somewhere in the game. I know it's hard, but it's not over yet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm going to be rewriting the K. Rool for Smash DLC website when I get the chance (read: after my Spanish exam tomorrow) to reflect a few things:

--We want him back, period, not just in Smash
Well, I've been talking about this since the whole thing started. We should've been talking about bringing K. Rool back to the DK series right alongside Smash Bros. Naturally I'll be supporting K. Rool DLC every step of the way.

No we don't. We have no confirmation of this at all. Its possible, true, but we don't know for a fact that this is the case.

I still doubt it'd be K. Rool at all.

Kutthroats. Chin up. Have we seen our king yet? We haven't, right? And what does that mean? That means he still has a chance. He has a chance of showing up later when the Wii U version arrives. He has a chance of showing up later via DLC.

It's not over until the King appears as a non-playable character somewhere in the game. I know it's hard, but it's not over yet.
I'm not going to get my hopes up for this, but the fact that K. Rool has no references at all: no trophy, no Assist Trophy, no apparent boss appearance, no nothing at all (along with Ridley, Isaac, Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong), is extremely suspicious. Wolf was discovered almost immediately.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything anymore. I've kind of lost trust in them, and I'll admit that it is kinda childish, but I can't really help it.

Top Bottom