• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ridley's biggest (hehe) obstacle has never really been his size but instead his anatomy and bulky build.
Since when has an anorexic space dragon been "bulky"? :p Ridley and K.Rool share the same problem; they really only have a shot if Sakurai says they do. And since Sakurai already tried Dixie, she could get in over K.Rool. Sakurai also desn't seem to care for Metroid beyond Samus, so....yeah.

And as for anatomy, he's essentially just a dragon crossed with a Xenomorph. That is in no way difficult to downscale. Perhaps the wings, but then we have characters like Charizard, who have the same size wings as Ridley, proportionate to their body. :p
The scaling excuse is just a copout.

Besides, we already have Bowser, who's even bulkier than Ridley. Bulk is not a valid argument. :p

Anyways, this is a K.Rool thread, not a Ridley thread. While I'm sure that the King of Kremlings would love the strife of apes, this would be getting off-topic.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Forgive me, but when I hear vote for King K Rool I am reminded of the Ridley fanboys. King K Rool is larger than Donkey Kong and Sakurai already stated that size does matter, at least for big people.

If I had to choose a DK rep I would choose Dixie Kong instead because she doesn't look like a dirty reptilian on drugs.

StormC

Smash Hero
When I say "bulky" I mean in that he takes up a lot of space. He's very... wide. Most mockups give him a pretty big hitbox that Sakurai probably wouldn't be crazy about, along with strange proportions like his gangly limbs and large head.

But uh, yeah. K. Rool.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Ridley's fine for Smash size wise, some wing and tail clippings is all you need to make his portions right in Smash. We've gone though this in the old Ridley forum.

Regarding K.Rool he's fine for Smash, he'd be a bowser-like character, but Smash doesn't have many heavyweights regardless.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Forgive me, but when I hear vote for King K Rool I am reminded of the Ridley fanboys. King K Rool is larger than Donkey Kong and Sakurai already stated that size does matter, at least for big people.

If I had to choose a DK rep I would choose Dixie Kong instead because she doesn't look like a dirty reptilian on drugs.
You must be looking for the K. Lumsy thread and accidentally stumbled on the K. Rool thread by mistake.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ridley's fine for Smash size wise, some wing and tail clippings is all you need to make his portions right in Smash. We've gone though this in the old Ridley forum.
I'm just saying, Ridley is a special case. You can change his anatomy to make him fit at a smaller size but Sakurai has already said he doesn't want to, for whatever reason you can gander.

K. Rool's anatomy is already fine for Bowser-size.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Since when has an anorexic space dragon been "bulky"? :p Ridley and K.Rool share the same problem; they really only have a shot if Sakurai says they do. And since Sakurai already tried Dixie, she could get in over K.Rool. Sakurai also desn't seem to care for Metroid beyond Samus, so....yeah.

And as for anatomy, he's essentially just a dragon crossed with a Xenomorph. That is in no way difficult to downscale. Perhaps the wings, but then we have characters like Charizard, who have the same size wings as Ridley, proportionate to their body. :p
The scaling excuse is just a copout.

Besides, we already have Bowser, who's even bulkier than Ridley. Bulk is not a valid argument. :p

Anyways, this is a K.Rool thread, not a Ridley thread. While I'm sure that the King of Kremlings would love the strife of apes, this would be getting off-topic.
FYI King K Rool and Ridley have never been in the same situation by any means. Ridley was out-right deconfirmed in an interview while King K Rool was not mentioned at all in any way besides having a trophy. And while Ridley has a trophy too, him being too big is an ACTUAL reason Sakurai made him unplayable.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros

If there was an interview like this, but talking about King K Rool instead, THEN we will see.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
FYI King K Rool and Ridley have never been in the same situation by any means. Ridley was out-right deconfirmed in an interview while King K Rool was not mentioned at all in any way besides having a trophy. And while Ridley has a trophy too, him being too big is an ACTUAL reason Sakurai made him unplayable.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros

If there was an interview like this, but talking about King K Rool instead, THEN we will see.
He meant "If Sakurai wants the characters in" Again, wings, "Ridley wouldn't be able to fly freely anymore" Sakurai put 6 characters in this game who aren't able to fly freely in smash despite their games saying otherwise, 4 of which he personally created

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
He meant "If Sakurai wants the characters in" Again, wings, "Ridley wouldn't be able to fly freely anymore" Sakurai put 6 characters in this game who aren't able to fly freely in smash despite their games saying otherwise, 4 of which he personally created
Still, according to that particular interview, Sakurai could care less what anyone thinks, but himself. Hence, Ridley is not playable.

If they wanted as much money as they could get, they would make "the other Ridley" DLC, but that is doubtful..

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
K. Rool's size is far from consistent. It fluctates as much as Bowser's.

This is some halfbaked trolling, get out of here with that nonsense.
Hell, just show people the one picture from the end of DK64. (Yeah, the one up there.) That's enough to shut down that argument.

Rabbattack's a pretty notorious troll though; he was especially fond of trolling the Chrom thread back in the day, so I wouldn't pay him any attention.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I've been playing a lot of DK64 since it's release on EShop and I'm glad to play one of my first games I ever played again. I hope to see K. Rool in Smash Bros. Soon.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Rabbattack's a pretty notorious troll though; he was especially fond of trolling the Chrom thread back in the day, so I wouldn't pay him any attention.
Admittedly I felt like I wasted my effort making that post when I read his profile saying he's 15.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I just wanted an excuse to link to that K. Lumsy thread. For those who haven't already, go check it out!

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Hell, just show people the one picture from the end of DK64. (Yeah, the one up there.) That's enough to shut down that argument.

I only came back to this forum because I thought everyone had forgotten about me now, guess I was wrong.

I'll just leave you people be, for I do not belong here.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
K. Lumsy has to be the goofiest thing about DK64 xD Followed by donkey kong's "YEAahhhh" whenever you select him.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
K. Lumsy has to be the goofiest thing about DK64 xD Followed by donkey kong's "YEAahhhh" whenever you select him.
YEAahhhh, Coooool, OEKay
Don't forget about when Chunky is selected UNah UNah, *looks around* *points at Tiny* Pick Tiny. What makes it funnier is Tiny says her name after.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
*cough*DK rap*cough*

Speaking of which, what are your opinions about that game in general? I'm still wondering if I sould buy it or not.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I just bought DK 64 on the WEE YOO due to my N64 dying(Moment of silence needed).

God, I love K. Rool in that game. That should be his voice in Smash because it's so bad***. :cool:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I really wish Donkey's and Diddy's voice were there 64 voices rather than animal sounds. I really want to hear OEKAY in Smash.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I really wish Donkey's and Diddy's voice were there 64 voices rather than animal sounds. I really want to hear OEKAY in Smash.
yeah as much as I like donkey kong sounding like a hooligan every-time he enters a new stage (dkc returns) I would love to see his goofy 64 voice back.

Last edited:

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
css.jpg

So I made a mockup of the 3DS screen if characters were organized with any sort of thought, and assuming the Roy/Ryu leak is real (and I don't think there's any real reason to believe it isn't) just because I have nothing better to do apparently.

Here's hoping they can turn the random button into a bottom screen function so K-Rool can have some room, because I don't like the idea of pages, scrolling, or smaller icons.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
2 other characters aswell as Roy and Ryu?
Are you counting Lucas and Mewtwo?

Wasent Inkling on that list?
The file thing?
Lol in lost...help meh
As I remember it, there's 5 unused character data files. Mewtwo's already active in the data that's been looked at. I imagine he wouldn't be active and there would be 6 unused character data files if this was taken from a 3DS game that hasn't bought him yet, but I don't know. Regardless, as I understand it, the 5 unused character data files are Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and two others that don't have names. That's where I get the "two we don't know" from.

The point I was making in the post you quoted though was that those two unknowns are just what's been leaked so far and there's a good chance that's not even everything. There could be more empty "slots" besides just the two we've seen, but they weren't accidentally left behind in the data after the patch. And to think these two we are seeing must be reserved for "ballot winners" seems a bit premature since the ballot isn't even that old. It's more likely those two unknown character "slots" are for characters that have already been planned. So either it appears they're already going to act on the ballot votes or we're getting something they planned all along. Just a theory really.

Of course, I might've heard or remembered wrong and there was more or less "unknown character data" found than I thought.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
its 7 accually

:4charizard::4metaknight::4darkpit::4pit::4palutena:(She has angel wings like pit):4bowserjr:(His clown copper) :4mewtwo:(he/she uses telekinisis to fly)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I just now noticed that Donkey Kong gives you a thumbs up if you hit all the notes on his Final Smash! The only thumbs up from a DK game that I remember was DK 64. That is a pretty cool but subtle touch.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, something that may make some Rare fans cry that one of our fellow Kutthroats found on the Diddy Kong Racing box:
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/9/2/4/2924_back.jpg

Check the text carefully in the lower left corner of the screen.

*Trademark of Nintendo. Diddy Kong, Banjo, and Krunch Characters licensed by Nintendo.

Naturally, the middle one doesn't belong to Nintendo anymore, but... this proves that he WAS owned by Nintendo. This is... really interesting. Also, Krunch is owned by Nintendo, which makes sense, because the Kremlings were considered DK's arch-enemies and were all, therefore, owned by Nintendo just like the Kongs were. Krunch wouldn't make much sense otherwise since he's exclusive to Diddy Kong Racing and did not exist before that; he was only added to DKR, though, to balance out the inclusion of Diddy Kong.

I mean, we know that Nintendo owned the Kremlings from the start, but this only further proves it since Nintendo even ensured that they owned Krunch.

http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/1/7/0/1170_back.jpg

Also, look at Donkey Kong 64. Copyright Nintendo. Unlike Diddy Kong Racing, which says its copyright Rare but certain characters are licensed from Nintendo. If Nintendo didn't fully own Donkey Kong 64, the game box would say so like Diddy Kong Racing does.

EDIT: This also likely debunks any notion that Nintendo had to get licensing from Microsoft to release Donkey Kong 64. Its more likely that they had trouble getting the very glitchy DK64 to work on the Wii's emulator.

Last edited:
Top Bottom