• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Nearly 700 pages here, so I don't know if this has been done already and I don't really have time to loo through the whole thread.

But with the nerfs to Diddy and the Smash Ballot, this video has become incredibly relevant.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman

I just wanted to see how a scaled-down K. Rool would look compared to the Kongs, considering he's always been a good bit bigger than even Donkey. Looks pretty good to me here. They fit together so well.

Don't ask why Diddy is so tiny, I didn't notice until just now. Was mainly focusing on K. Rool and DK lol

My dream for Smash

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I voted for your Pirate Rool! I think he would be a fantastic (and long needed) addition to the roster! You could say I'm.. One of you.
hopefully my pirate gets in too...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Reading a Gamefaqs thread about King K Rool:

Detractor: "He's not anime enough"

I wanted to argue this, but then it hit me.

Kawaii K. Rool.
Someone with artistic abilities needs to make this happen. Or... Well maybe not. It could end up quite ****ed up in the end. It might start something we all know should never excist.

AND ALL I DO SINCE THE SMASHIFIED VIDEO OF K.ROOL IS LIKING EVERYONE'S POSTS HERE LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF LIKE-*****! :urg:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why do people want king k. Rool with golden belly design? I don't like his old design nobody asked for classic bowser design king k. Rool better have his donkey konga design just like how bowser and king dedede and ganondorf have design from their lastest game appearance
Meh, I care not about which design is used. I do think the golden belly design looks cool, but as long as it is K. Rool regardless in the end, I care not on which design is used for him.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Remember Sonic and Pac-Man?

(Almost) No one wanted their recent designs.
Most people here have probably come to know K Rool when he had his Golden belly so for them it's a part of K Rool's character.
This. There's a reason they didn't use the ghostly aventures design for pacman. It's because the older design is the most iconic and highly recognized design among several generations. The same goes for K.rool wherein his most prominent appearances were in the rare era. i also feel the gold belly plate adds to his eccentric and overly extravagant character.(honestly my first thought when seeing the gold belly plate was "holy crap, this guy is hardcore! he even modified his own body in order to better fight against the kongs!")

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really got to say right now, if K.Rool doesn't make it in I'll be extremely dissapointed. I always try my best to be a little distant from my support to the King, because the innitial let down of him NOT being on the vanilla roster was already bad... I don't want to be dissapointed now again, when it's arguebly much worse to lose him now, cause he's literally winning the ballot as we speak. Let's just hope the best, and Sakurai doesn't troll us so badly again as before.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Reading a Gamefaqs thread about King K Rool:

Detractor: "He's not anime enough"

I wanted to argue this, but then it hit me.

Kawaii K. Rool.
Someone with artistic abilities needs to make this happen. Or... Well maybe not. It could end up quite ****ed up in the end. It might start something we all know should never excist.

AND ALL I DO SINCE THE SMASHIFIED VIDEO OF K.ROOL IS LIKING EVERYONE'S POSTS HERE LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF LIKE-*****! :urg:
Here's a quick doodle I managed to make. Does it please you?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, after doing some thinking, I would love to see Krusha K. Rool as an alternate costume for K. Rool. Why?

Because I would love to use it when playing as him against someone playing Little Mac, you know, as in a Little Mac vs Krusha K. Rool boxing match. I think it would be cool. Plus, Little Mac has taken on Donkey Kong before, so why not have Krusha K. Rool be next?

Last edited:

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Mr. X color palette when? :p

And I would give an internet hug to the person who makes a black and orange K. Rool, I love that combination of colors
I drew that guy a while back as well... That black background made it hard to see he was wearing a hat

I think he was Koncept Kackle... But I drew him more like Koncept Krook due to what I was able to make out at the time haha.

What is everyone's favorite Kremling enemy? We have the lowest grunt (Kritter) to the ridiculously buff (Kruncha) to the craziest looking (Re-Koil).

And does anyone notice they cheated in DKC3 with the Kremling names? Why Bazuka and Karbine didn't switch names I will never know...

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Here's a quick doodle I managed to make. Does it please you?

I bet there's king k.rool as a little anime girl somewhere. There's one of everything after all.(yes, even inanimate objects)My favorite kremling is probably krook though i have a soft spot for klump too.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So I was searching through Google to find some K. Rool art, and there is surprisingly a small amount of fan made stuff. The stuff I found was the Smashified art, some things from smashboards, and weird K. Rool drawings depicting him having a way bigger belly than normal. People are weird.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
So I was searching through Google to find some K. Rool art, and there is surprisingly a small amount of fan made stuff. The stuff I found was the Smashified art, some things from smashboards, and weird K. Rool drawings depicting him having a way bigger belly than normal. People are weird.
There's a lot of fetish art for K. Rool because he's fat. Plus he's a cartoon lizard; a lot of furries like lizards as well as furry creatures.

No, I am not a furry.

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
Please add me to your support list! I don't really have much experience with the DK series, but I firmly believe there's a lack of villains in the sm4sh roster and King K. Rool would fit in nicely especially after the smashified render. :)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Please add me to your support list! I don't really have much experience with the DK series, but I firmly believe there's a lack of villains in the sm4sh roster and King K. Rool would fit in nicely especially after the smashified render. :)
Arm in arm, together we rock!~

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
As far as DK games go, I got 100% on DK64 when I was about 10 and managed to play through the Wii Version of DKC Returns when I was 18. That's all the experience I have in playing the games, but I'll probably play more of them in the future.

There's a lot of fetish art for K. Rool because he's fat. Plus he's a cartoon lizard; a lot of furries like lizards as well as furry creatures.

No, I am not a furry.
yes there is alot of "vore" k rool fanart...they are a weird bunch.

my favorite kremling would have to be kanon because of skurvy from the dkc cartoon.

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507

my favorite kremling would have to be kanon because of skurvy from the dkc cartoon.
Everybody has things that 'excite' them. Homosexual men probably think it's weird how I like women's chests.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Well K. Rool did say he hated bananas in Jungle Climber... So maybe he stole them to be a grade A jerk to his neighbors.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
King K. Rool does like to get those high grades on his villainy report cards from the School of Nintendo villaintry. He's graduating soon didn't you know.
'One more of my villain tutorials lesson 109 states: "If all else fails, implement and execute famous diabolical plan... Yourself!"'

-King K. Rool, DKC Show

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Kannon is actually just Klump dressed as a pirate. That's probably a nod to the reasoning why they decided to make Skurvy from the cartoon Klump's brother, since Skurvy is definitely based on Kannon (which, again, is just Klump dressed as a pirate).

Well K. Rool did say he hated bananas in Jungle Climber... So maybe he stole them to be a grade A jerk to his neighbors.
'Eh, I have mixed feelings on it. K. Rool may have said that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that was the original intent for the character. Paon did make those games, after all.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
What was the context behind that quote (I've never played Jungle Climber)? I wouldn't put it past K. Rool to say he hates bananas simply out of spite, like the tantrum-throwing tyrant that he is. Ever heard someone angrily shout that they don't like something that they actually do like, just because it was denied to them? K. Rool is exactly the kind of person to operate in such a way.

I personally always figured he didn't really like bananas, though, and only steals them because it aggravates and/or harms the Kongs.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It's not quite bringing sexy back but I'm getting there. My first more or less complete panel.
(Makes you wonder if it's even gonna be worth it. The long-*** time I've spent on it. Perfectionism in full force.)

More than half finished. The first ten (of 20) are finito. Can't wait to finish. It's been exhaustive but not exhausting. Going through every individual frames and tweaking it to match up and then having to redo everything to match a new technique I've discovered that works much better (namely body proportions) but I think I'm finally happy with it now!
Yay!

Edit:

That's actually my next project btw. Not even joking. A montage of K. Rool in with anime-tropes. Centerpiece is a photo groupshot of a grinning K. Rool being buddy-buddy (forcefully) with Lucina, Rosalina and Palutena labelled "First Waifu's Club".

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

More than half finished. The first ten (of 20) are finito. Can't wait to finish. It's been exhaustive but not exhausting. Going through every individual frames and tweaking it to match up and then having to redo everything to match a new technique I've discovered that works much better (namely body proportions) but I think I'm finally happy with it now!
Yay!
Keep up that GREAT work man and in no time we will have that Glorious Gator Gif!!!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Yay!

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Kannon is actually just Klump dressed as a pirate. That's probably a nod to the reasoning why they decided to make Skurvy from the cartoon Klump's brother, since Skurvy is definitely based on Kannon (which, again, is just Klump dressed as a pirate).
I actually didn't even know that, wow it's true.

That gif is AMAZING! Keep it up!!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Yay!
I'm gonna do my best to make this thing go viral once it's done. If anything deserves it, this GIF does. Marvelous work!

Gators Gonna Gate indeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom