• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
And here I leave you all, have a casual player of smash with biased opinions of clones day.
Oh wow. We literally have a child whining that DK has no underrepresentation. Which is why the 4th best selling Nintendo franchise has no Assist Trophy. And only 2 characters. And ignoring arguments. And saying "ur just med cuz im turdeen"
Don't worry Ryuga, I'm fardeen.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Read the sakurai balance thread on the front page. Or allow me to sum it up for you. He states that he has a love for all the series, and even states that if he had designed Mario, people would still hate on him. He also states that he even feels that Pit and Palutena are too weak.
Sakurai's logic is fundamentally flawed. He mentioned Star Fox, yet it's the only franchise to LOSE content in the transition from Brawl to Smash 4. So no, I wouldn't accuse him of having a Star Fox bias if he suddenly decided to direct a new Star Fox game. It's all 20/20 hindsight. But if he directed a Star Fox game and then added Slippy Toad and James McCloud to the Smash roster, then yes, I'd probably say something. The most "overpowered" character in the game is Diddy Kong, a character from a franchise that is dreadfully underrepresented in terms of content. Sakurai constantly deflects and/or blames other people (the fans, the competitive scene, etc.) without ever taking the criticisms into consideration. Stubbornness is not a flattering characteristic.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
MasterIcarus, you do realize you conveniently omitted the main Wii version of Returns from your sales analysis after people in here demonstrated its massively successful sales, despite confidently claiming Uprising had sold more than it in your initial argument and thus deserved every scrap of content it got. That sort of moving of goalposts does you no favors, especially not after subjective ratings are introduced into the discussion.

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7
6m worldwide, compared to twilight princess' 7.14m. So it looks like the series whose main character half of the world thinks has a girl's name (and an average one at that) beats out the game that you basically stated was probably the best selling dk game. AAH STATS
MasterIcarus, you do realize you conveniently omitted the main Wii version of Returns from your sales analysis after people in here demonstrated its massively successful sales, despite confidently claiming Uprising had sold more than it in your initial argument and thus deserved every scrap of content it got. That sort of moving of goalposts does you no favors, especially not after subjective ratings are introduced into the discussion.
Connect The Dots

I like how he thinks Kid Icarus deserves more things in Smash because Kid Icarus sold well. Donkey Kong saved the video game industry.
Technically, the NES saved the industry. And stop talking about me like I am an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Connect The Dots
Again, Zelda is a franchise that sells more than DK as a whole, so the argument doesn't work. The argument here is that you think DK doesn't think it deserves good sales because of how 'bad' the games did. Kid Icarus Uprising is completely justified in your eyes as it sold a lot...Yet in reality sold less than DKCR. Sorry mate, but the fact you're a child is currently far too obvious. And Sakurai IS biased on certain areas, everyone is. Explain why Kirby Super Star, a game that's about 20 years old gets a new stage while the modern Kirby games only have...4 trophies and 3 songs, none of those even remixes

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Guys, let's not argue with someone who hasn't reached their full mental development yet. It gets us nowhere. Either way, DK having almost zero new content, and a slightly more powerful than average character that's now been brought more in line doesn't look good, especially compared to something like Uprising, the third game (2nd in Japan) in its series, that combined probably didn't sell as well as DKC1 or Returns individually. Anyone should be able to see the logical flaw here.

Granted, I love the hell out of Uprising, and am personally fine with the *characters/music etc.* it got. What I'm not fine with is more important series. With minimal content being ignored almost entirely as a result. Which is one reason we fight so hard for our King, right?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do you think they'll allow K Rool to have his other costumes. Not many characters have had drastic costume changes.
I certainly hope that a character who's known for his iconic outfits and penchant for dressup brings at least one of them with him.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Again, Zelda is a franchise that sells more than DK as a whole, so the argument doesn't work. The argument here is that you think DK doesn't think it deserves good sales because of how 'bad' the games did. Kid Icarus Uprising is completely justified in your eyes as it sold a lot...Yet in reality sold less than DKCR. Sorry mate, but the fact you're a child is currently far too obvious. And Sakurai IS biased on certain areas, everyone is. Explain why Kirby Super Star, a game that's about 20 years old gets a new stage while the modern Kirby games only have...4 trophies and 3 songs, none of those even remixes
Sakurai did not make the new Kirby games. He quit because the fans demanded sequelization. I am also trying not to argue that DK doesn't deserve new content, but simply stating that uprising sold beyond expectations, and reviving a somewhat dead ip, which is why uprising got representation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sakurai did not make the new Kirby games. He quit because the fans demanded sequelization. I am also trying not to argue that DK doesn't deserve new content, but simply stating that uprising sold beyond expectations, and reviving a somewhat dead ip, which is why uprising got representation.
Sakurai didn't make Fire Emblem. Sakurai didn't make Earthbound yet that got new content. Sakurai didn't make Mario. Just because he didn't make the new games doesn't mean he shouldn't include stuff from it. DKCR reactions were "YES FINALLY" "THEY GOT RAMBI" "DIDDY'S BACK!" and stuff. Kid Icarus definitely deserved new content, but considering how well DKCR did and it only got a smidge means that Sakurai either thinks the DK franchise has nothing to offer or dislikes it. Both of these outcomes conclude bias. There is no such thing as someone who isn't biased.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Can't the "reviving a somewhat dead ip" also apply to the DK series with the success of DKC returns?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Or more likely, it got more representation because Sakurai developed it, it was recent as well as popular, etc. It's not hard to imagine he developed a lot of it with Smash's future in mind.

But I don't *think* that was what we were talking about. I could be wrong.(Oh, and I suppose I just contradicted myself...)

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I know I should not be rude BUT...

Let's play the "Ignore the stupid child" game, please ?

He is already dumped enough. DK is giant and already was (not anymore) bigger than Zelda itself,,, why should we give attention to a obvious troll with **** arguments?
I know the underepresentation hurts, but come on.... We're much better than this.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know I should not be rude BUT...

Let's play the "Ignore the stupid child" game, please ?

He is already dumped enough. DK is giant and already was (not anymore) bigger than Zelda itself,,, why should we give attention to a obvious troll with **** arguments?
I know the underepresentation hurts, but come on.... We're much better than this.
I blame me letting certain **** get under my skin even when I know better. Think I'll listen to some Tropical Freeze OST til I feel less annoyed, hah!

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
ENOUGH!! Leave Icarus alone guys. What makes you different from trolls for calling him stupid? Just ignore him or don't bother arguing. Don't feed the trolls. After the reactions to the balancing from Sakurai. I've had it with smash boards. I came here to have fun and support characters I love. Not see everyone whine like a bunch of manchildren and get all violent or tribalistic! It's disgusting! Also annoyed from people misunderstanding my previous point to on a previous post and Epicryuga getting very defensive over it. Sorry about my little rant and I'm sorry for being off topic. I am a big K.Rool fan at heart and always will be and am a huge advocate for him to be a dlc fighter.

But I can't stand this immature violent behavior from so many posters that are full grown or in their 20's. You guys are better than this. Humans are in general. Smashboards wants us to be more professional and behave better. Not diss other and judge because of age or mistakes they made or from screwing up. This is a waste of my time. I am very mad I wasted my time here. Moving on! I hope you all have a fun time and keep krocking the vote and that one day. You all see the anger or wrongdoings that need to be tamed. :ohwell:

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ENOUGH!! Leave Icarus alone guys. What makes you different from trolls for calling him stupid? Just ignore him or don't bother arguing. Don't feed the trolls. After the reactions to the balancing from Sakurai. I've had it with smash boards. I came here to have fun and support characters I love. Not see everyone whine like a bunch of manchildren and get all violent or tribalistic! It's disgusting! Also annoyed from people misunderstanding my previous point to on a previous post and Epicryuga getting very defensive over it. Sorry about my little rant and I'm sorry for being off topic. I am a big K.Rool fan at heart and always will be and am a huge advocate for him to be a dlc fighter.

But I can't stand this immature violent behavior from so many posters that are full grown or in their 20's. You guys are better than this. Humans are in general. Smashboards wants us to be more professional and behave better. Not diss other and judge because of age or mistakes they made or from screwing up. This is a waste of my time. I am very mad I wasted my time here. Moving on! I hope you all have a fun time and keep krocking the vote and that one day. You all see the anger or wrongdoings that need to be tamed. :ohwell:

That's a bit of an overreaction, frankly. This is an unusual circumstance, and it's natural for fans of something to defend it. And to *my* point in particular, people under the age of at least 15 are not fully developed in terms of capacity to process social interactions and etiquette in most cases.

While that's normally cause to not pay them any heed, it's natural to defend something you feel strongly about. Though I usually also feel obligated to explain facts that may be misrepresented, because I like to help people learn things, Either way, troll or not, an easy thing to do is click ignore.

I don't see any "violent" behavior; condescending, to be sure, but I think you interpreted a more visceral reaction than I see.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No age-based insults, please, but let's not go off the wagon and fret that run-of-the-mill rebuttals constitute "violence and tribalism." He's been shut down pretty thoroughly, so let's just move on.

In terms of likelihood for costumes, I think Kaptain > None > Kaptain and Baron > Kaptain, Baron, and more

Bananija

Count of Trickery
No Donkey Kong did. The video game crash of 1983, Nintendo released Donkey Kong in arcades and it was a huge success. The NES did help but DK already did a lot of the work.
No wait, I'm sorry but it's not DK that saved this industries, it's Cranky:troll:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well... After view the DKC Worldwide sales... I feel so asumed that one game sells better than complete franchises in all its existence. I feel a little bit... bad? I don't know.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No age-based insults, please, but let's not go off the wagon and fret that run-of-the-mill rebuttals constitute "violence and tribalism." He's been shut down pretty thoroughly, so let's just move on.

In terms of likelihood for costumes, I think Kaptain > None > Kaptain and Baron > Kaptain, Baron, and more
What I said wasn't meant to be an insult, although it is certainly a bit callous; just a note about the reality of age. Though I do know it really shouldn't be said because it's not so conducive to a nice forum community. Everyone should feel welcome. I apologize. BUT, people shouldn't expect to let whatever they say go without comment.

Anyway! Sorry! Back on topic. I am nearly 90% sure he'll have Kaptain, whether or not this includes a crown toss/hat toss reskin. This, and DKC3 being far less popular is why I only expect Kaptain, because while the headband could work, I don't see Sakurai using it if there's a crown toss move, which I absolutely expect.

Welshy91

Smash Ace

Is relevant because K. Rool.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I've wondered lately if Sakurai will look at K. Rool's blunderbuss and just commit to the Kaptain appearance and playstyle for the character instead of mixing and matching the personas.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Boy I sure missed some stuff, that was some interesting couple pages......

Fellow Kutthroats when people come in and troll let's just let them talk to themselves. We should show how refined we really are! Especially after you shut them down with facts, just let them talk. So IF Diddy King Racing 2 is announced would you rather K. Rool be a boss or a playable racer? I mean why not both right? Still though which would you prefer..

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Boy I sure missed some stuff, that was some interesting couple pages......

Fellow Kutthroats when people come in and troll let's just let them talk to themselves. We should show how refined we really are! Especially after you shut them down with facts, just let them talk. So IF Diddy King Racing 2 is announced would you rather K. Rool be a boss or a playable racer? I mean why not both right? Still though which would you prefer..
Both, like he was in Barrel Blast if I remember right. I just want there to be Kremlings at all, firstly!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The age comments are not right. We can disagree with people without dismissing them because of things like that. We also don't need to insult people's intelligence in general. But this Master person was extremely belligerent, too. For future reference, I hope everyone mostly ignores visitors that are only here to 1) antagonize us 2) and to share their poorly thought out internal monologue (in an actual conversation, Master would have reacted to some of the points raised by other posters).

---

I prepared a collage of some of my favorite pictures I've worked on for the Kremling Kampaign, ever since we were #KRool4Smash4 (and before that). Some of these pictures were drawn by me entirely while others are edits of existing material (or some combination of both). The collage will keep growing as the Kampaign marches on.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Guys, let's not argue with someone who hasn't reached their full mental development yet. It gets us nowhere.
No way, if somebody comes here to discuss (and/or argue) then you discuss with them, don't baby them cause they're a bit younger, that's just condescending. I was a pretentious little prick when I was 14 and I rightly got **** for it, that was what helped me actually realise those things and mature properly. People calling you out on doing dumb things is how you realise that the dumb things you were doing were dumb. Yeah people should be polite and reasonable while discussing these things. Politeness and decency are important to having reasonable discourse anywhere, it should apply to everyone because it's basic manners, not because "pls don't be mean to the poor 14 year old."

The "of course he's dumb he's just a kid" people are being pretty condescending, but really that applies to your comment as much as it does to theirs, though you at least act on the side of consideration and not "lol dumb*ss kids"

I don't think I saw anybody being particularly rude here. Some people could have been a little less confrontational or whatever, and the people going "lol dumb*ss kids" were pretty bad and really being pretty condescending and dismissive, but for the most part I just saw people engaging with him on an equal level, and then getting (perhaps unreasonably) annoyed when it didn't really get through to him. Your post, on the other hand, was nothing but confrontational. You tell people to act more mature and yet your response to immaturity is to start yelling at everybody and declare that you're leaving the thread. If people were spewing pure vitriol at each other then this might be a justified response (though it could still do without the ANGRY ALL CAPS!!!!!), but as it is this is just a massive overreaction, and is really just making the thread worse. So by all means, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

for the record I mostly only skimmed the last few pages and didn't read stuff in-detail, so if there were some people acting like legit c*nts then sry in advance

Last edited:
Top Bottom