• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
We've known about Roy and Ryu for months now. It's no big deal. They were most likely decided pre-ballot. If anything, we should get excited for Ryu. He is incredibly faithful to his Street Fighter II appearance, which could bode well for K. Rool.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I dunno why people are acting with despair. The fact that they are probably gonna be revealed back to back is nothing but good news. We can finally put these two months behind us and move on. Deep breaths, folks.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A theory I had that'd make the Direct legitimately hype-worthy:

Sakurai: "Let me be clear that Royu are not characters chosen from the ballot. We've been carefully monitoring your responses, and we'll be deciding on the first ballot character...RIGHT NOW."

*cue verbal announcement of Wolf or K. Rool*

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think he would confirm a character verbally, but I definitely think a model tease is possible if we're getting Ryu AND Roy revealed at the same time. Here's hoping.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't think there will be anymore reveals in the direct, because wouldn't the hackers have discovered them too? Ryu and Roy are probably the only revealed characters, I doubt they'll confirm anyone else.

Maybe something like the way Mewtwo was revealed, just a single image would be nice...but I kinda doubt it. If anything maybe Wolf at the most.

Sad, let's hope King K. Rool continues to rule the ballot.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah, I dunno why people are acting with despair. The fact that they are probably gonna be revealed back to back is nothing but good news. We can finally put these two months behind us and move on. Deep breaths, folks.
Yeah. This doesn't change anything.

If anything this could be a real blessing if both Ryu and Roy get released during E3. Rather than being pushed to say August and October. It could mean they have plans for those months that we still don't know about. (If they're going to keep up the once every two months format for the immediate future)

Even if those characters aren't King K Rool or Isaac, if it means getting popular characters like Wolf out of the way....that can be only be a positive thing come the ballot results. Assuming we're going to get about 2-4 ballot characters.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I don't think there will be anymore reveals in the direct, because wouldn't the hackers have discovered them too? Ryu and Roy are probably the only revealed characters, I doubt they'll confirm anyone else.

Maybe something like the way Mewtwo was revealed, just a single image would be nice...but I kinda doubt it. If anything maybe Wolf at the most.

Sad, let's hope King K. Rool continues to rule the ballot.
the leaker didn't see the sakurai video. they using the data from the patch.
Sakurai can talk about the ballot and announce a new character because this character is not finish and not in the game patch! let's hope it's K.ROOL

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
My guess is Wolf will come out in October around the time Starfox is released for Wii-U.

The ballot winners probably won't come to early 2016. Man we have a long wait even if the characters we want win the ballot.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
We've known about Roy and Ryu for a while, but man...Ryu looks DAMN GOOD in this game. Let's hope his stage is tourny worthy, we could always use more of those. Roy doesn't look half bad either. I know people will despair over another Marth clone but...you don't gotta buy Roy. I am. I need the complete roster. Lucas, Roy, and Ryu need to be on my game yesterday. Lucas fills the current hole in the roster that Mewtwo made, and Roy and Ryu start a new column. That's two empty spots that could be filled with Wolf and K. Rool the Ballot winner.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A theory I had that'd make the Direct legitimately hype-worthy:

Sakurai: "Let me be clear that Royu are not characters chosen from the ballot. We've been carefully monitoring your responses, and we'll be deciding on the first ballot character...RIGHT NOW."

*cue verbal announcement of Wolf or K. Rool*
My reaction if that happens:

(Oh man, the gif I have for if K. Rool actually gets revealed is gonna be fantastic. My "off-chance" Crono gif is even better. Yes I am preparing for which gif to use for which characters.

But realistically, if we get K. Rool, my gif game is gonna be on like Donkey Kong GETTING HIS ENTIRE BANANA HOARD STOLEN!!! :evil:

Edit: You guys have no idea how great these 3 gifs I never used are. Imagine if Goku had a Super Kamehameha he never used except when like nothing else would work or the Earth would destroyed.

That Kamehameha would be the gif equivalent of the warm up move for the warm up move for this.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i just hope the 2 addional slots it's not the end of dlc characters but just 2 new announcement tommorow ! :D

StormC

Smash Hero
RH music being found makes me pretty damn confident the last two are Wolf and Chorus Kids.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A pre-emptive announce of what's coming after 2015's E3 trio would be nice, yeah. Hopefully Wolf or K. Rool.

:231:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
RH music being found makes me pretty damn confident the last two are Wolf and Chorus Kids.
Sure thing, for pre-Ballot chosen characters. But anything less than King K.Rool AND Isaac for ballot characters I won't accept. Also, I really am starting to think / feel / command the universe to have Dixie as a pre-Ballot character. Impa to. But Dixie is a character I also really want. I personally do not think that King K.Rool alone fills the huge void of absence in DKC content. But that's me personally.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Sure thing, for pre-Ballot chosen characters. But anything less than King K.Rool AND Isaac for ballot characters I won't accept. Also, I really am starting to think / feel / command the universe to have Dixie as a pre-Ballot character. Impa to. But Dixie is a character I also really want. I personally do not think that King K.Rool alone fills the huge void of absence in DKC content. But that's me personally.
i'm with you. Dixie and K.rool double announcement please... ;)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Dixie & K. Rool being a double character trailer would be great.

But since Nintendo has neglected Guile's theme and Roy even copies Marth's final smash, I don't know how to feel about DLC.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool and Dixie are both definitely warranted. But I want K. Rool twice as much so Dixie being excluded would bother me a lot less than K. Rool being excluded.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
On one hand, I'm disgusted by the fact that there are now five playable Fire Emblem characters. Never in a million years would I have expected to see this. On the other hand... this is good news for us. These characters could potentially be released tomorrow, and the ballot isn't even close to being over. Let's be happy for the Roy and Ryu fans. Our finest hour will come soon enough.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i'm with you. Dixie and K.rool double announcement please... ;)
Yes, am really hoping they'll do this. And seeing as they had time after Mewtwo's release - or before I DUNNO - to make Lucas, Roy AND Ryu, this shouldn't be too much of a challenge. This is also why I'm more confident in Impa. Semi-clones won't be too hard to create. And if Dixie isn't chosen outside of the ballot, I call this whole DLC thing a big time fraud. Worse if King K.Rool won't be picked as the Ballot's winner.

I mean, the Melee Ballot had basically all the most popular character in, outside of :4diddy::4dedede::4wario2: who where added to the next game. Yeah, and James Bond and Banjo-Kazooie didn't make it. But I don't have to explain that one here luckily, being in a Rare-created-character's thread and all.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
the leaker didn't see the sakurai video. they using the data from the patch.
Sakurai can talk about the ballot and announce a new character because this character is not finish and not in the game patch! let's hope it's K.ROOL
plus they revealed mewtwo before he was even completed on the 50-facts direct

so they could do the same for 1 of # ballot character winners.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I suspect King K.Rool might already be in development actually.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Part of me still hopes they hold off a K. Rool trailer if K. Rool is in development, especially if Dixie gets in too.

After that magical video and uber hype of Lucina and Robin, I can't help but feel like such a video for the Donkey Kong Country franchise with its' two most prominent characters not yet playable confirmed plus maybe a stage (Gangplank Galleon) would be truly a hype-worthy even no one would soon forget.

But even if Dixie is not in, selfishly I want K. Rool to get the sole spotlight he deserved from the announcement of Smash 4.
That's a hypothesis that certainly holds weight. It also makes sense now, since we got games coming out within the next year from both of their respective franchises.

Of course it's still just that; a hyphothosis. It's best not to get your hopes up too high for such things, but it is good to consider possibilities.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly John! That double reveal of Lucina and Robin had me in SO MUCH HUNGER for a double reveal of Dixie Kong and King K.Rool... :urg: Or a double trailer with Impa and Ghirahim, that would be extremely hype to. Now that Ghirahim isn't a possibility any more, I want a Double Trouble DKC trailer even more.

StormC

Smash Hero
Of course it's still just that; a hyphothosis. It's best not to get your hopes up too high for such things, but it is good to consider possibilities.
I don't even want Chorus Kids. It just seems like the most likely avenue to me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Exactly John! That double reveal of Lucina and Robin had me in SO MUCH HUNGER for a double reveal of Dixie Kong and King K.Rool... :urg: Or a double trailer with Impa and Ghirahim, that would be extremely hype to. Now that Ghirahim isn't a possibility any more, I want a Double Trouble DKC trailer even more.
I've also noticed in Smash 4 all the clone newcomers (or DLC characters) were packaged with another character.

Lucina with Robin.
Dark Pit with Palutena.
Roy with Ryu.
(and if you really wanna stretch, Lucas with Mewtwo, or more accurately Mewtwo with Lucas since Mewtwo is the only real clone there)

While Dixie almost definitely will not be a clone, her similar-ish properties may not sell her as well on her own. So, pairing her with K. Rool makes sense. Tag teaming characters occasionally makes sense in trailers, because you get to show off two new characters showing all their tricks without having to take any of them off the screen.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am glad that I accepted Ryu as a reality before this all. I was always pretty hyped for Roy, but I thought the general consensus was that Ryu and Roy would happen for a 98,89% certainity. I really don't get people at times.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
With Roy out of the way....The King K Rool can play.
Not yet there's one more character blocking the king from guaranteed to win the ballot

and that's foxes arch nemesis :wolf:

the king is still has enormous advantage for getting in and that's the ballot (so the better term could be last 3)

besides captain rainbow music is in the boxing ring stage and also a trophie from it and I can't see captain rainbow getting in.
(but RH rep has advantage over that since its more popular.)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Not yet there's one more character blocking the king from guaranteed to win the ballot

and that's foxes arch nemesis :wolf:

the king is still has enormous advantage for getting in and that's the ballot (so the better term could be last 3)

besides captain rainbow music is in the boxing ring stage and also a trophie from it and I can't see captain rainbow getting in.
(but RH rep has advantage over that since its more popular.)
I do love wolf though....lol

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I think we all need to calm down a bit. I know Roy and Ryu are hype, but odds are that those two were gonna be the big reveal of the event. I wouldn't expect much beyond those two.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I think we all need to calm down a bit. I know Roy and Ryu are hype, but odds are that those two were gonna be the big reveal of the event. I wouldn't expect much beyond those two.
maybe, but i'm sure Sakurai will talk about the ballot.
One reason to be EXCITED because K.Rool chance is the ballot.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
true but sakurai is extremely well known for throwing curveballs

get even did one at gemusatu because he was 100% sure it was the shulk trailer that day and plus ruined his reputation because of proving his leak a fraud which got back on top later.)

Top Bottom