• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's a supposed leak of an upcoming Nintendo direct, it's audio of Iwata announcing King K. Rool but it's clearly fake.

Edit : unless I missed another one somewhere down the line....
Its definitely fake. I don't know why anyone bought into it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It'd be a file leak, because outside of E3, the contents of Nintendo Directs have NEVER been successfully leaked.

I'd say I'd rather not be spoiled about K. Rool early like with Royu, but ****, I've waited long enough I just want to know K. Rool's ****ing playable.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Everyone has their own preferences in the end. In any case, I personally have much more respect for anyone with the conviction to support one character before the other, even if it's not my first choice, vs. the "DK Rep" supporters. When the characters are so different and each have distinct traits you can point to to make them preferable and all you can bother caring about is their icon? Makes me think you don't care, and the common detractor talking point that "you don't like the characters, you just want a rep" is actually true in that case.
I mean, I enjoy DK games. I support Dixie and the Rool for many reasons- but I also support general DK content in the game, because I love the series, the ambiance/music/gameplay/everything, and I want a DK rep as well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sorry for the double post, and I dont know what has been said on the K Rool vocals, but If anyone has any Iwata clips, I will be breaking out my language knowledge and vocal training to deeply decode this. Finding samples may help.\

Finally I can help like the visual artists/graphic designers can.

#ArtSchoolIsUsefulInRealLife

I am reading all the points against it, but here is some more:
You can hear reverb in the recording. This could be caused by many things, but the continual booming, low, is also a possible result of recording a recording.
The game is playing in the background.

You all can be as convinced as you want.
Im actually going to analyze it.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Sorry for the double post, and I dont know what has been said on the K Rool vocals, but If anyone has any Iwata clips, I will be breaking out my language knowledge and vocal training to deeply decode this. Finding samples may help.\

You can hear reverb in the recording. This could be caused by many things, but the continual booming, low, is also a possible result of recording a recording.

Here's the most recent Iwata clips,
Here's the April direct,

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet

Fairly certain myself that's not real. Believe me I would want nothing more that for it to be true!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Believe me while I do believe it's fake as fake can get. Id love for it to be the real deal.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe it fake. But dismissing it as fake immediately is silly.

There are a few very specific sounds in the clip, in terms of pronunciation. I'm looking for some specific clues to determine if it is likely or not. I am trying to find him speaking.... it is not as easy to find the reference articles as I thought :( He doesnt speak much. I am sourcing other Japanese speakers as well, with roughly the same knowledge of English (which is a guess entirely) in case some details could change.

Is it also possible someone else would be making the K Rool announcement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECqpc6Ses4s
This is Iwata unboxing the Wii U. Its funny that I have never used those pieces correctly.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, more power to ya man; not like we have much else to do til August/October besides continuing to #krocthevote and stuff.

It sure would be neat if it was something after all.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Maybe it fake. But dismissing it as fake immediately is silly.

There are a few very specific sounds in the clip, in terms of pronunciation. I'm looking for some specific clues to determine if it is likely or not. I am trying to find him speaking.... it is not as easy to find the reference articles as I thought :(
Well I do look foreword to your conclusion! Honestly I hope you find It to be real ha ha ha

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It is likely I will continue this in two weeks when I am back in the states. Finding sources is taking a lot of time and Im still abroad. He speaks so rarely!!!!!! Much less with the sounds in the right context, or in English. I'm trying to go word by word, rather than by phonetics of how the sounds are supposed to be pronounced, because I truly do not know how well he knows English.
Perhaps background information is the way to go. Word choice analysis, etc.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's fake, he doesn't pronounce "Sakurai" correctly. You can compare:
to the audio:
56 and 24 seconds.
The impersonator doesn't know Japanese.

On top of the bad impersonation(the voice and pacing sounds different), I think that's the biggest point that shows that it's 100% fake.

Last edited:

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
That fake leak was a foolish move to do that. Even i know how Iwata sounds like...
Also the music he put in was bad. Even that's fake when you notice it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That fake leak was a foolish move to do that. Even i know how Iwata sounds like...
Also the music he put in was bad. Even that's fake when you notice it.
...I think 9/10 percent of the reasons listed as to why this leak is fake hold absolutely no grounds.

I think I've said it enough though. Yet, I will continue to.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's nice to try to keep discussion going, but there is no way to argue it's real other than just being devil's advocate.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
It's so fake that hurts.. the Iwata impression it's actually okay (aside the pronounce of some words that clearly the real Iwata would say different).... but the recording is really bad, with noises and such. Aggravating with someone increasing the volume of the Smash4 theme on computer (or something) while he was talking in a very unnatural way, XD XD..
but kudos for the effort; it's nice to imagine this... he actually got accurate lines for the circumstances, like "You may recognize this character..." and stuff. =P

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
My only issue with the audio thing is the fact that it got a reddit post bringing exposure and the K. Rool supporters were notable for NOT having any fake fan leaks associated with them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't believe in the leak for one second, but it's worth saying that, if there were ever a time for K. Rool to start appearing in fake fan leaks, it would be now. Pre-release, every fake leaker bandwagoned around Dixie, Chorus Kids and Chrom because of laziness, but now that K. Rool is accepted as a likely choice, he may start to pop up here and there.

StormC

Smash Hero
There actually was a text leak around August or so before the ESRB leak with K. Rool in it. I think it was the Tower Of Smash leak with the "Ridley grows wings for his Up B" tidbit. I remember it mentioning that K. Rool was very slow and used his helipack for recovery. I'll try to find it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...I'm still mourning the loss of Chorus Kids. That would've been awesome.

Since they were likely not finished due to hardware limitations, it's a sad Ice Climbers tale, but alas.

Dude, Tower of Smash did have K. Rool, and as a mode sounded fun as all holy ****. It'd be cool if they actually add something like that in the future.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Well while I haven't found the leak I'm talking about, there was this:

Hilariously fake, but cute.

EDIT: Here we go, this is what I'm talking about:

King K. Rool will be the final character to be announced 2 weeks prior to the release of Super Smash Bros. 3DS JPN. He’s one of the slowest in the game but has a variety of mid-range slow projectiles; he throws his crown, shoots cannonballs, etc., recovery is jetpack from DKC3, not much height.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Tower of Smash involved Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and the Chorus Kids being special Wii U characters who could be ported back onto the 3DS. I remember because I thought it was fully happening at the time, what with all the leaker 'celebrities' on the forums coyly agreeing with it.

As a K. Rool fan, I'm glad it ended up being fake, even though the presence of those characters would've been great. With Ridley, Mewtwo and "A DK Rep" being present, there would've been much less momentum for DLC and a fighter ballot. K. Rool fans would be seen as greedy for trying to get him on in addition to Dixie, not to mention "delusional" for thinking there was any remote chance of him being the third character for the franchise.

StormC

Smash Hero
And on a final note, in August there was a leak posted on NeoGAF I think, that had K. Rool and Eggman, with K. Rool's trailer involving him waking up after turning an alarm clock off, implying his absence.

Man, there were some weird leaks going around.

Tower Of Smash actually sounded fun though, too bad it didn't come to fruition.

EDIT: I think we might have still had pretty good footing for DLC if Dixie was in the base game. We probably wouldn't be beating Isaac, though.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, at the end of the day, K. Rool still has a **** ton of fans. And if Dixie was in the base game or whatever, any Dixie fans who like K. Rool but prefer Dixie would likely be voting in our favor if they aren't now.

Ups and downs either way, but I think what we got puts us in a good position.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, how's it goi...

F for Fake
C- for Bad Iwata Impression
F for Fooling some of the Kutthroughts
But an A for Originality, a sound leak certainly is gud

Bet-R luck next toime

And I thought Gamefaqs falling for that fake Classic Mode leak from 4Chan was cute.

StormC

Smash Hero
Man, it seems like every other day some schmuck on Reddit picks a fight with K. Rool: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3c6akv/king_k_rool_hasnt_been_relevant_since_1999_why/

This is the one that really gets me:

He's a boring character, and people in the Smash community just want everyone and their mother to be playable regardless of how outlandish the chances are or how ****ty the character is.
If he was so boring, why is he the most requested Nintendo newcomer on the ballot, even by non-DK fans? :dk:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Man, it seems like every other day some schmuck on Reddit picks a fight with K. Rool: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3c6akv/king_k_rool_hasnt_been_relevant_since_1999_why/

This is the one that really gets me:

If he was so boring, why is he the most requested Nintendo newcomer on the ballot, even by non-DK fans? :dk:

The funniest thing to me, besides "you can only like a character if they are this recent," is this meme that "K. Rool's support suddenly appeared out of nowhere." What rock were these people living under?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It just bums me out to see so much vocal disdain for the character, like maybe his chances aren't so great. But I guess you can't anti-vote characters on the ballot.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The funniest thing to me, besides "you can only like a character if they are this recent," is this meme that "K. Rool's support suddenly appeared out of nowhere." What rock were these people living under?
I find this really odd, too. K. Rool's general absence has been a sticking point with his fans since even before Donkey Kong Country Returns and the issues that it raised, hasn't it? I can remember concern about him not being utilised as much as his villain status warranted, even when he was still appearing in spin-offs and side-games.

Top Bottom