• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
Let's face it. My voting is still for K. Rool. On the other hand, I can use these Mii costumes for my miis. There's still no Mario or Samus outfit...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Good night sweet prince.....
Link has a Mii costume. This game isn't over yet. Are we going to have to put up with this sort of thing for the next 3 months? A character announcement or straight disconfirmation would be much better.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Perhaps you could translate the whole thing for me @PushDustIn?
Slapped it through Google
"Mii Fighter costume to be added in this update is not just those that have been introduce today!
Continue tomorrow, because it will introduce in this account, please look forward to!"
Basically we're going to get more Costumes tomorrow
HIDE EVERY POPULAR CHARACTER EVER
NOW

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd rather have Sakurai say in an interview tomorrow why he chose to exclude K. Rool than spend months waiting.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I think the best thing we can do at the moment is flood social media and Miiverse with complaints. Just try to keep it civil.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm the only one who thinks this is not a bad thing ?
Come on...King K.Rool was gone for some time and now Nintendo at least saw we want him.
I really think this is just a tease.
K.Rool will appear, but probably just his model (like they did with Mewtwo) and be released in the end of the year.
Iwata looking to bananas was the first tease, now is everything clean.

DK series will have more representation.
K.Rool costume and probably himself... or Dixie.
If Dixie makes in and K.Rool not, let's not hate a awesome character for nothing, please.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Watch, just like with the Meta Knight Mii Mask, it was all a hilarious ruse.

Surprised nobody remembers that and people actually going "oh man is MK not gonna be in?!"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm the only one who thinks this is not a bad thing ?
Come on...King K.Rool was gone for some time and now Nintendo at least saw we want him.
I really think this is just a tease.
K.Rool will appear, but probably just his model (like they did with Mewtwo) and be released in the end of the year.
Iwata looking to bananas was the first tease, now is everything clean.

DK series will have more representation.
K.Rool costume and probably himself... or Dixie.
If Dixie makes in and K.Rool not, let's not hate a awesome character for nothing, please.
Well, I'll be watching the (likely soon) direct with bated breath. We'll see.

StormC

Smash Hero

Surprised nobody remembers that and people actually going "oh man is MK not gonna be in?!"
Meta Knight was a veteran. It was a pretty different scenario.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I remember it
But that was with a Veteran
You don't do that with a Newcomer
Even Sakurai wouldn't stoop to that level of Troll
It's just
Mind-boggling

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This makes me think that Sakurai doesn't have control over what characters are bring picked from the ballot. It might be Nintendo. Sakurai might have made K.Rool a Mii Fighter costume as an apology.

If anything, Mii Costumes based on fighters like K. Rool, Inkling and Chrom have a huge change to be in the next iteration - they 'just missed out'. Even more so than AT's.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
What's mind-boggling is the incredibly reactionary response to a Mii costume being revealed in a small content update. All that confidence disappears when a costume shows up? I don't mean to be rude but it seems like everybody's jumping the shark and the empire state building at the same time.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I remember it
It's just
Mind-boggling
And yet, I could so easily see a K. Rool trailer be him stomping out a Mii imposter. It's such an obvious setup if I'm right.

C'mon Sakurai, don't let me down...

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I remember it
It's just
Mind-boggling
Booogglesss the mind! Well, I have no idea if this deconfirms rool or not.Personally I want him in because villains are cool. :4larry:

D

Deleted member

Welllll… listen here, while I make it clear that Sakurai just found a way to make me dislike Mii costumes even more. I'll be on Miiverse rioting.
I'm going to be really annoyed if Sakurai legitimately thinks that Mii Costumes are a good way to represent characters, especially ones who have an extremely large, dedicated fan base.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The one thing I'm pissed about
I would've preferred atleast having it as a Gunner Blunderbuss, worst-case scenario
But the King K. Costume is a Brawler
Clearly based off DK64
BUT WE DON'T EVEN GET BOXING GLOVES
WHAT EVEN

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Well guys at least K.Rool has made a somewhat recent appearence and it's based on his classsic appearance. Maybe that means K.Rool will return in DKCR3. Maybe the TM was leading to this. Disappointing I know but at least he's in the limelight.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The one thing I'm pissed about
I would've preferred atleast having it as a Gunner Blunderbuss, worst-case scenario
But the King K. Costume is a Brawler
Clearly based off DK64
BUT WE DON'T EVEN GET BOXING GLOVES
WHAT EVEN
What? It looks like DKC 1

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Is the ballot over? No? Then this means nothing (except for lots of ****posting from idiots who don't realize that content released before the 3rd of October couldn't possibly be due to the ballot).

Remember when Ryu and Roy were thought to be the ballotwinners? The people who thought so sure as hell won't point themselves out, but we know now that they're idiots who are either gullible or just want to ****post.
Here's a handy reference.

This content's release date: 2 days (July 31st, 31st/7 etc)

Keep kalm and karry on.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is the ballot over? No? Then this means nothing (except for lots of ****posting from idiots who don't realize that content released before the 3rd of October couldn't possibly be due to the ballot).

Remember when Ryu and Roy were thought to be the ballotwinners? The people who thought so sure as hell won't point themselves out, but we know now that they're idiots who are either gullible or just want to ****post.
Here's a handy reference.

This content's release date: 2 days (July 31st, 31st/7 etc)

Keep kalm and karry on.
For a second I was like "That was quite a while ago"

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Still holding out hope that this is just an elaborate troll. A tease if you will, of the REAL content coming this Friday.

Please?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Can we make a rule about not posting "I'm sorry" posts in here until we get more substantial evidence? To take a cue from the Mother series, "No crying until the end".

However, if K. Rool isn't chosen and this isn't some wonderful Sakurai troll, the last few slots had better not go to veterans or third parties.

cothero

Smash Lord
My god. I slept for a few hours and when i wake up, BOOM. This is Sakurai telling us: "Ok, i know this character is quite popular, but choose another one". Remember the Ballot page says "If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll CONSIDER turning that character into a Smash fighter"... :(

lordrogersmith6485

Smash Cadet
Still holding out hope that this is just an elaborate troll. A tease if you will, of the REAL content coming this Friday.

Please?
Now I kind of have my heart set on a Nintendo Direct announcement tomorrow. God, I've never felt more cheated than I do right now.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
My god. I slept for a few hours and when i wake up, BOOM. This is Sakurai telling us: "Ok, i know this character is quite popular, but choose another one". Remember the Ballot page says "If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll CONSIDER turning that character into a Smash fighter"... :(
Yep. The ballot is a suggestion box. There are other factors in play here besides popularity.

Top Bottom