• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That's why I just hate this whole situation right now, it's basically Ridley all over again, and for a lot of us it's our second time on this roller coaster because there's huge overlap between Rool and Ridley fans. Hell, even -I- sound delusional to myself which is what the entire Ridley fanbase has been pegged as: delusional. And unless Sakurai pulls a fast one on us and confirms K. Rool we will endure the same poop slinging and dehumanizing the Ridley fans have endured already.
Just waiting for Gears of War Ultimate edition then im done with the peice of **** **** sakurai.

I was in the Ridley scene for 2 years !
Ridley and K Rool were my 1st & 2nd.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Crazy idea: what if Rare K. Rool is Mii costume, then they reveal PAON K. Rool is playable?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Donkey Kong vs Fire Emblem war continues... while the Donkey Kong fanbase is understandably upset about having one of the biggest potential DLC characters becoming a mii costume, the Fire Emblem fanbase is pretty ok with Chrom becoming a mii costume.
What war?
Nobody's at war with anybody else. Besides there's not any Fire Emblem characters as noteworthy as Dixie Kong or King K. Rool left to include, so it's a pretty unbalanced war.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Crazy idea: what if Rare K. Rool is Mii costume, then they reveal PAON K. Rool is playable?
Oh god, this would be the worst decision nintendo ever made.
(Ok not the worst, but definetly not a good one)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Donkey Kong vs Fire Emblem war continues... while the Donkey Kong fanbase is understandably upset about having one of the biggest potential DLC characters becoming a mii costume, the Fire Emblem fanbase is pretty ok with Chrom becoming a mii costume.
I think the Fire Emblem fanbase should be satisfied... they get five characters and a Mii costume.

I just wish that the Donkey Kong series got both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Crazier idea: What if Rare King K. Rool is a fighter too and this Mii costume is a red herring?
After it, this is an original model of the classic King, rather than his modern look, and the only time they use new models for Mii costumes are when they are also fighters or Assist Trophies.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I know this isn't the happiest of arguments right now, but... could someone make a Mii who will look good with K Rool's outfit? a Mii made a way that when he wears K Rool's outfit he seems the King the best way possible
(for example, I'm thinking about a Mii whose eyes, nose and mouth aren't visible, so his true face seems K Rool's one)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd be kontent with the Rare design as a kostume and the Paon design as a kharacter.

It wouldn't be ideal, but hey, what is?

EDIT: I MEAN KONTENT. YEAHUH.

Last edited:

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
Guys, what if our king was never leading the poll? What if he was with chrom at 8th or 9th? I mean, we don't even know how the poll works, maybe while we were waiting for K. Rool to be announced others were still voting for their character

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Wait... It says that the costumes are for this WAVE of DLC. Each wave has at least 1 character. Fingers Crossed!
Woah woah woah. Don't say I meant it.
To prevent potential blaming of mistranslation, allow me to explain:
  1. "Wave" is not an exact wording. The original word is more of "This time", instead of "This wave" like 第2弾 (second wave) as said in official site. The meaning is similar tho.
  2. "Each wave has at least 1 character" is not quite true. At least there are no announcement of characters coming as translated.
I'm honestly feeling sick. I know it may mean nothing...What did Chrom's description say? If K.Rool has 'recreation' and stuff and Chrom doesn't, I'll feel more hopeful
K Rool:
[追加コスチューム:キングクルール(格闘)]『スーパードンキーコング』より、キングクルールセットが登場。 ギョロリとした目玉に金色にかがやく王冠。 これを着れば気分はクレムリン軍団のボスだ!(7月31日配信)
[New Costume: King K Rool (Brawler)] From "Super Donkey Kong", the King K Rool outfit is here. With glaring eyes and shining gold crown. By wearing this it feels like the boss of the Kremlings! (Released on July 31)​
Chrom
[追加コスチューム:クロム(剣術)]『ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒』より、クロムセットが登場。 王族に現れることのある聖痕までばっちり再現。 神剣ファルシオンを携えて、先祖マルスと大乱闘だ!(7月31日配信)
[New Costume: Chrom (Swordfighter)] From "Fire Emblem Awakening", the Chrom outfit is here. Perfectly appearing with the stigmata that appears from the royalty. Carrying the divide Sword Falchion, he now joins the fray with his ancestor Marth! (Released on July 31)​

I'm not too sure with the second line for Chrom, but... something like that.

Or we can just call PushDustInin.

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
Speaking as a Fire Emblem fan I think people are cool with Chrom being a Mii because we got a returnee, a brand new character that's unique, and a new clone. I personally hated Chrom though so guess I was personally happy with just those 5. I think a good amount of the fanbase thought that there was no way in hell Chrom would have been unique enough to warrant a vote (Hector or Ephraim however would be amazing as they could bring something new and break the stereotype of FE=sword people).

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Guys, what if or king was never leading the poll? What if he was with chrom at 8th or 9th? I mean, we don't even know how the poll works, maybe while we were waiting for K. Rool to be announced others were still voting for their character
I always wondered about that, and even if that was the case, I'd prefer nothing over the costume. I don't want a reminder of what I spent all this time hoping for.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'd be content with the Rare design as a kostume and the Paon design as a kharacter.

Ideal scenario is King K. Rool being a character with Rare design and having a Kremling Mii Costume
But y'know :4pacman:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While I wouldn't have complaints, that would be extremely unfair after so much effort put in that costume.
If anything, they made his model based on Rare and created the costume based on the Rare model. I doubt we'd get Paon K. Rool after getting a Rare K. Rool Mii costume.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, I'm thinking about the window K. Rool would have to be revealed within for a potential "fake-out" to work...if there's not a Direct on Friday, I think it could still be feasible to see it happen in August, but only if it's the very next Direct. Any longer and I think our goose is cooked, to borrow a phrase.

I definitely don't buy the line of thinking that "this is Rare K. Rool as a costume and we're getting the Paon design as a character." First of all, why exhaust more effort redesigning the character for the more minor addition? Second, the costume is pretty clearly labeled "King K. Rool" with no Rare reference in sight. And three, the Paon gem is retained in the design, so it's more of a hybrid than anything else.

Last edited:

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
  1. "Wave" is not an exact wording. The original word is more of "This time", instead of "This wave" like 第2弾 (second wave) as said in official site. The meaning is similar tho.
  2. "Each wave has at least 1 character" is not quite true. At least there are no announcement of characters coming as translated.

K Rool:
[追加コスチューム:キングクルール(格闘)]『スーパードンキーコング』より、キングクルールセットが登場。 ギョロリとした目玉に金色にかがやく王冠。 これを着れば気分はクレムリン軍団のボスだ!(7月31日配信)
[New Costume: King K Rool (Brawler)] From "Super Donkey Kong", the King K Rool outfit is here. With glaring eyes and shining gold crown. By wearing this it feels like the boss of the Kremlings! (Released on July 31)​
Chrom
[追加コスチューム:クロム(剣術)]『ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒』より、クロムセットが登場。 王族に現れることのある聖痕までばっちり再現。 神剣ファルシオンを携えて、先祖マルスと大乱闘だ!(7月31日配信)
[New Costume: Chrom (Swordfighter)] From "Fire Emblem Awakening", the Chrom outfit is here. Perfectly appearing with the stigmata that appears from the royalty. Carrying the divide Sword Falchion, he now joins the fray with his ancestor Marth! (Released on July 31)​

Grasping at straws here, but it mentions that while "he (Chrom) joins the fray", you only feel like the Kremling boss. While this easily could just be a wording choice or something loss in translation, it could also be a hint that the K Rool outfit isn't actually K Rool and that the character is on the way.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Great Bay from Melee?! That was one of my favorite Melee stages!!! I hope this is real!!
Since they're from two different sources, don't get your hopes up! :4pacman:
So, I'm thinking about the window K. Rool would have to be revealed within for a potential "fake-out" to work...if there's not a Direct on Friday, I think it could still be feasible to see it happen in August, but only if it's the very next Direct. Any longer and I think our goose is cooked, to borrow a phrase.

I definitely don't buy the line of thinking that "this is Rare K. Rool as a costume and we're getting the Paon design as a character." First of all, why exhaust more effort redesigning the character for the more minor addition? Second, the costume is pretty clearly labeled "King K. Rool" with no Rare reference in sight. And three, the Paon gem is retained in the design, so it's more of a hybrid than anything else.
Yeah, that's what I think.
It's either the next direct or none at all :4pacman:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What war?
Nobody's at war with anybody else. Besides there's not any Fire Emblem characters as noteworthy as Dixie Kong or King K. Rool left to include, so it's a pretty unbalanced war.
There aren't any Fire Emblem characters as noteworthy as K. Rool or Dixie period.

I'm still remaining hopeful about K. Rool's chances, but if he doesn't get added because Sakurai feels that Mii Costume is enough, the Mii Fighters will officially surpass Dark Pit as my least favorite SSB4 character (I don't like him either, but at least he hasn't ruined anybody's chances to get in).

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

K Rool:
Chrom

This is kinda interesting:
"Carrying the divide Sword Falchion, he now joins the fray with his ancestor Marth!"

"By wearing this it feels like the boss of the Kremlings!"

After the initial "outfit" comment, they note that Chrom "joins his ancestor," but implying for K. Rool that the costume "feels like the boss of the Kremlings" (aka a costume in context).

I really do hate this line of thinking. That's not Chrom. That's a Mii dressed as him.
Which is funny, because they imply that the Chrom costume is essentially Chrom... but the K. Rool one is someone dressing as K. Rool.

I wouldn't say our goose is cooked. In depends on the context. If the ballot isn't taken into consideration at all until October, we're fine. There's no fake-out, we just get K. Rool after the costume. If there's a fake-out, we'll get an announcement very shortly that its the case.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
think it's more realistic to be negative about K. Rool's chances when we hear more about the ballot and when these characters are expected. So far, we know very little. Not a single character released so far has been a "ballot" character. Only speculation has suggested that ballot characters will arrive before the october deadline.

It might still be too early for any of them, including K. Rool.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think there will be a Direct on Friday, but I expect one in August.
It's very possible that he kould be revealed then. Preferably alongside Wolf.

D

Deleted member

For some reason I have a mental image of K. Rool's potential reveal trailer (assuming he's still coming) after all this as something along the lines of the K. Rool Mii dropping in on the Kongs, who promptly KO him and begin to celebrate, only to be interrupted (a la the Kredits from DKC) by the real King K. Rool himself.

Just an idea that's been bouncing around my head since the announcement this morning.~

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
K. Rool fans be all like.

1436996956830.jpg

And I be all like.

1429651859734.png

This doesn't hurt his chances at all.

I'd be content with the Rare design as a kostume and the Paon design as a kharacter.

Has long has they give him a longer tail then I be down for that. :)

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
At this point I just want them to say if he's confirmed or not instead of waiting until Friday (or even later). This literally caused the entire Smash scene to explode with two sides: the Deconfirmed and the Confirmed sides. I'd rather just be told to give up than hold onto hope just to lose it later. It's only been half a day and we literally have over 150 people viewing this thread consistently. This is really ridiculous. If he was in the game I would imagine they wouldn't want to do another Meta Knight situation and they sure as heck probably don't want another Ridley situation (which was BS in my opinion as well). This has been a giant rollercoaster of emotions and it's only been 8 hours.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen a developer hate his fans so damn much. Good luck K. Rool bros. It may not look good right now but I hope he still makes it. If this keeps up Sakurais "fan service" comment is just going to end up meaning "all cut clones and pseudo-clones" instead of actually requested newcomers. I think Nintendo is actively trying to make their older fanbase hate them.

Edit: Also it would at least be acceptable to a degree if the headgear covered the whole head. Nobody who would buy a K. Rool outfit would want to see some random Mii head obscure the King himself. They'd want the face to cover the whole thing. I hate that about the Isabelle outfit, too. Seems stupid. Though it is Sakurai we're talking about.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
If anything, they made his model based on Rare and created the costume based on the Rare model. I doubt we'd get Paon K. Rool after getting a Rare K. Rool Mii costume.
Exactly what I think;
And if happens that we got the Paon design for some reason, people wouldn't stop to pointing how the Mii Costume looks better than his playable self. =P (I won't be included, you can bet.. but I really think that Mii Costume is amazing)

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I really do hate this line of thinking. That's not Chrom. That's a Mii dressed as him.
Heyyy don't blame me, I only translated Nintendo's words!

Though to be exact "he" isn't even in the original script. I just felt like it made sense this way.
Grasping at straws here, but it mentions that while "he (Chrom) joins the fray", you only feel like the Kremling boss. While this easily could just be a wording choice or something loss in translation, it could also be a hint that the K Rool outfit isn't actually K Rool and that the character is on the way.
This is kinda interesting:
"Carrying the divide Sword Falchion, he now joins the fray with his ancestor Marth!"

"By wearing this it feels like the boss of the Kremlings!"

After the initial "outfit" comment, they note that Chrom "joins his ancestor," but implying for K. Rool that the costume "feels like the boss of the Kremlings" (aka a costume in context).
I would say it's due to how the costume works. With K Rool you're dressing up like a Crocodile, as a human; but with Chrom you're dressing up as a human while already being human.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
For some reason I have a mental image of K. Rool's potential reveal trailer (assuming he's still coming) after all this as something along the lines of the K. Rool Mii dropping in on the Kongs, who promptly KO him and begin to celebrate, only to be interrupted (a la the Kredits from DKC) by the real King K. Rool himself.

Just an idea that's been bouncing around my head since the announcement this morning.~
I imagine them rolling Kredits for the direct and then hearing the infamous King K Rool hurt noise from...I think DKC2

Top Bottom