• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm starting to get annoyed that some of you really think Sakurai is trolling.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't see the costume as a deconfirmation. I see it more as acknowledgement, especially with the fact that it's Rare K. Rool and not Paon K. Rool which could mean they know which K. Rool people want and what K. Rool may look like if he becomes playable. Also considering the Miiverse Pic of the Days with the fake Meta-Knight and the real Meta Knight, as well as FE Roy invalidating all the arguments about Koopaling Roy making FE Roy impossible, I don't have any doubts of K. Rool still being possible even with a Mii Costume of him around. Let's wait and see after the Ballot ends.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't think the descriptions for the costumes mean anything.

Chrom's refers to the Mii as Chrom, and says that HE joins the fray because the Mii
actually does look like Chrom, as it's a human wearing Chrom's clothes.

K. Rool's refers to the costume as a "recreation" of K. Rool, and says you'll feel LIKE him because the Mii with the costume looks like a guy wearing a K. Rool costume (with the head sticking out of the big costume), and not actually like the King himself.

The descriptions don't help or hurt K. Rool's case.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
This is actually great for K Rool. The ballot still has TWO MONTHS left!!! Hes been leading, but I feel we've gotten komplacent. Now that we have a wake up call, we must get the VOTES in for him and push him through the finish! Most of the other ballot characters lost momentum early on!

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I'm starting to get annoyed that some of you really think Sakurai is trolling.
then what do you think about it?
Do you think he is 100% deconfirmed?
that is a serious question because i really want to know your intention with saying he is not trolling.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I'm still remaining hopeful about K. Rool's chances, but if he doesn't get added because Sakurai feels that Mii Costume is enough, the Mii Fighters will officially surpass Dark Pit as my least favorite SSB4 character (I don't like him either, but at least he hasn't ruined anybody's chances to get in).
Wow, you're right. Sakurai actually manged to make me hate a character more then Dark Pit.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
Even though I'm very frustrated here I guess it's good that this news happened DURING the ballot, giving us ample time to try to change Sakurai's mind. And I think I read some theory that said that they may want to make more money by selling the costume first and then selling the character and, to me, that's the most logical "K. Rool is confirmed" scenario. I do not think that this is some elaborate thing though seeing how he is apparently only on the same level of Chrom (but if you notice on the Twitter page, there are like 5k less likes on the K. Rool costume which kind of shows how upset everyone is)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
K. Rool fans be all like.

View attachment 64698

And I be all like.

View attachment 64700

This doesn't hurt his chances at all.

Has long has they give him a longer tail then I be down for that. :)
$RAB0X38.png

As long as we are doing Steven Universe. I'm just like...why would he even put all the development time into it....Meta Knight mask was understandable, but the Gold belly and the reflection and all that stuff...I just..don't

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Kutthroats.. We've been through so much these past few years, and these next few days could be make or break for us. Whatever our King's fate may be, whether he becomes DLC, returns to DKC, or just stays as is, I still want to say thank you to every one of you. I joined about a year and a half ago around when Rosaluma was revealed. I remember scrolling through the character threads and stumbling across this one, and thinking "oh I remember this guy, I'll check this out!" From then on he was my #1 pick for Smash, and eventually just to return to his franchise once and for all. And ever since then, no matter what I'd be going through in my life, I always knew I could come here and chat amongst a group of fellow gamers who all shared one common interest in their love for DKC. I'm hoping with all my might that we get good news tomorrow and Friday, and even if we don't, it has been, and always will be a pleasure to be a part of the Kremling Kutthroats. Here's hoping for a reveal Friday!:dk:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I think we should keep in mind that Sakurai is known for being a troll. This could be just some fake out.

Of course, that's also what the Ridley supporters said all the way back during the Pyrosphere Shadow, and we know how that turned out...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The way you said it, you sounded like you were calling the ones that are on Smash already more noteworthy.
I don't feel like I did, but regardless what I did say was that there's no "war" between a FE DLC character and DK because there's no way someone like Anna or Kamui would come before either (coming from a fan of the former)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's something strange:

None of the current Mii Fighter costumes, save K. Rool, use a retro design. Even Hehachi, who appears older in far more Tekken titles, is using his 'young' look from recent games.

Anyway:
"O Kaptain! my Kaptain! rise up and hear them sing;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the register rings;
For you bananas and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the fans a-yearning,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager wallets burning;
Here Kaptain! dear villain,
This arm that crushed with glee!
It is some dream that in the eshop,
You’re a costume for a Mii."

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't think this is "trolling". However, given that the ballot has not ended, we know little about when we should expect the characters, K. Rool's popularity is high (any deficit with the casual base would literally apply to almost every single character discussed), K. Rool's design seems thoughtfully inspired from the Rare era, and other characters on the roster also have similar mii costumes, I think there is enough reason to retain some hope for his inclusion. K. Rool may have been planned as a costume at an earlier point in time.

Keep in mind that our goals are also for K. Rool to return to his series proper. Even if K. Rool is not added as Smash DLC, it is in our best interest to maintain the momentum we have going forward and double-down on our efforts so far. Our community and K. Rool fans elsewhere have raised the profile of a character that developers shunned and some overzealous Nintendo fans wanted to forget altogether.

This character is the talk of the town. Let's keep the town chattering.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Would you rather we admit defeat and roll over and move on to our secondaries?
When multiple other fanbase members are foaming at the mouth of the possibility of K. Rool fans abandoning ship and jumping aboard their bamboo rafts, that has to mean we're a force to be reckoned with, no?

All the more reason to "direct" that force at the ballot and ensuring that things don't end with this costume.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
FWOOOOOOOOOSH SHWINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

*FIRE SIZZLES OUT, SMASH LOGO*

- Donkey Kong and Diddy throwing Bananas at each other on Jungle Hijinks

"BAHAHAHAHAHA"

- A green scaly foot appears, camera pans up and Mii Fighter K. Rool appears, DK and Diddy laugh and shrug it off

- Mii Fighter rips it's mask off and reveals it was K. Rool the whole time

KING K. ROOL CHANGES IT UP!

-K. Rool blasts them with his canonball sending them flying. queue montage of gameplay.

-Ends with Donkey and Diddy beating up K. Rool, and him faking his death.

----------------------------------------------------------

IT'S THE ONLY EXPLANATION FOR THIS NONSENSE.
... JUST A MII FIGHTER COSTUME SAKURAI REALLY? THIS CAN NOT STAND

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It just doesn't make sense to me that they'd put this much effort into a simple costume, using the Rare design and everything.

IMO it looks so great that it could easily have been created using assets from a playable K. Rool model. I can almost picture how he would look based on the costume.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Would you rather we admit defeat and roll over and move on to our secondaries?
Now did I suggest you lot should be giving up? No, I say keep voting and supporting the character you love (Hell I know I am), it's just whenever something like this happens and people immediately use the "Sakurai is a troll" excuse, I can't help but roll my eyes.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
If anything, I could see a gag in his trailer where the mii King K. Rool appears, DK and Diddy beat him, then the real King K. Rool appears. Seems fitting for the character if you ask me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Now did I suggest you lot should be giving up? No, I say keep voting and supporting the character you love (Hell I know I am), it's just whenever something like this happens and people immediately use the "Sakurai is a troll" excuse, I can't help but roll my eyes.
I honestly agree, but, I mean, the timing of this is just, so bizarre.
I would think that this kind of kostume would come AFTER the ballot closes, not two months prior.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
When multiple other fanbase members are foaming at the mouth of the possibility of K. Rool fans abandoning ship and jumping aboard their bamboo rafts, that has to mean we're a force to be reckoned with, no?

All the more reason to "direct" that force at the ballot and ensuring that things don't end with this costume.
I don't see how that'd matter anyway.

The Smash ballot is not a popularity contest, it's a suggesting tool.

I still think his chances are up in the air, regardless of the costume.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
I find this costume (if K Rool never comes out) to be a giant **** you to the fans. "The remaining DLC characters will be fan service" my ass. Unless he means clones that were cut from Smash than HO BOY GET READY FOR PICHU AND YOUNG LINK DLC! *sigh* Im really mad about this

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
For some reason I have a mental image of K. Rool's potential reveal trailer (assuming he's still coming) after all this as something along the lines of the K. Rool Mii dropping in on the Kongs, who promptly KO him and begin to celebrate, only to be interrupted (a la the Kredits from DKC) by the real King K. Rool himself.

Just an idea that's been bouncing around my head since the announcement this morning.~
There is no way I will be happy with his hypothetical reveal trailer unless this is how it happens

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Stay on topic guys. Given the sheer size of this fanbase, we (as in the mods and admins) will be watching this thread very carefully the next couple of days. Per usual, BKupa666 seems to have things under control in here but some of us are going to be lingering around just in case of "fallout" so we don't experience another meltdown like the Ridley fanbase had last year when some rogue fans quite literally tried to shut the boards down. As BKupa has said, behave with dignity and everyone will get through this just fine, whether he's confirmed or otherwise.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to keep supporting the King and I recommend you all do the same. Also, if you want Nintendo to take us seriously then buy the costume DLC; the worst thing they can do is tell us no. Even though I don't own a 3DS I plan to buy that DLC as well to show them I mean bushiness. I'm leaving Smashboard for a while, but will be back to check on you guys later. Finally, I would like to say listen listen to what @ BKupa666 BKupa666 has to say he has been pretty wise thread leader thus far and always points us in the right direction. Stay strong and unified Kutthroats.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
While I've said before that I don't think the king if dekonfirmed just yet, I couldn't resist making this.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
If anything, I could see a gag in his trailer where the mii King K. Rool appears, DK and Diddy beat him, then the real King K. Rool appears. Seems fitting for the character if you ask me.
nope, i'm sure it will be the KING himself who beat this k.rool miii

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I know I haven't said much (well anything for that matter), but I firmly believe at this point King K. Rool isn't coming this time around. Smash 5 most likely, Smash 4...nope (I'd love to be proven wrong though). It just doesn't make sense to me, Sakurai obviously knows K. Rool is highly requested, he knows most fans actually preferred the Rare design seeing as the Mii K. Rool costume has most details pulled from the Rare design than the Paon design, and he most certainly knows we want him playable, but the situation makes no sense. We're supposed to pay for the costume to gauge interest in the character, then pay for the actual fighter later [implying if he's even made a fighter this time] (Business strategy I guess)? I'm unsure on how to feel or what more to say than to continue voting and make sure that you explicitly tell them what you want in your vote (although, it really doesn't matter since the ballot explicitly states: "we’ll consider", meaning: "Maybe, Maybe not, better luck next time.").

Last edited:
Top Bottom