• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

.........Is @Wintropy implying that im Dumb because i do not tend to speak?

I thought that i was smart........

Last edited by a moderator:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm sure it's been talked about a dozen times in this thread already, but I wanted to poll you fellows over which aspects of K. Rool's designs you prefer.

* Big crown or little?
* Gold-plated belly or fleshy belly?
* Tail or no tail?
* Long cape or short cape?
* Three toes or four?

My personal preferences are big crown (especially if he's going to throw it), fleshy belly, tail, long cape, three toes. Of course, if he appeared exactly this way, there would be jarring clipping issues with his tail going through the cape, like with Tanooki Marth, but I can endure it.
Screw crowns. Give me my pirate hat
Gold Belly Armor (it is in fact armor), I'd like leather straps to be hoisting it up to let you know it is in fact armor
Tail. Big, giant tail that's easily visible.
Screw capes. Give me my bulky pirate jacket
Three toes of course.

Kaptain K. Rool...

SETS SAIL!!!

I would have specifically voted for Kaptain K. Rool but everyone else is defaulting to King, I just have to hope Kaptain is an alt ala Wario's classic and biker outfits.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm sure it's been talked about a dozen times in this thread already, but I wanted to poll you fellows over which aspects of K. Rool's designs you prefer.

* Big crown or little?
* Tail or no tail?
* Three toes or four?

My personal preferences are big crown (especially if he's going to throw it), fleshy belly, tail, long cape, three toes. Of course, if he appeared exactly this way, there would be jarring clipping issues with his tail going through the cape, like with Tanooki Marth, but I can endure it.
--Big crown
--Gold-plated belly
--Tail
--Long cape
--Don't care

Something I'd care more about personally is snout size...I want K. Rool to have a big set of crocodile choppers, ready to perform Death Rools, not just a cute little 'beak,' as you could call what his Paon design has.

The last point brings something to mind, though...the costume goes so far as to get the Rare-era number of fingers and toes for the King (four and three, respectively). This wouldn't be noteworthy at all, but the one thing that stood out when I checked was that the normal Mii Brawl has the full five fingers. They tried replicating K. Rool's original hands for the costume.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The last point brings something to mind, though...the costume goes so far as to get the Rare-era number of fingers and toes for the King (four and three, respectively). This wouldn't be noteworthy at all, but the one thing that stood out when I checked was that the normal Mii Brawl has the full five fingers. They tried replicating K. Rool's original hands for the costume.
Seriously? That's, at the very least, an insane amount of attention-to-detail. And in my book, it's certainly odd that they would go that far for what's fair to call a "low effort/high return" sort of extra.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
K. Rool has only ever had four toes in the final battle of DK64 when Tiny has to go inside his shoe and shoot them. For the rest of the game and official art, he has three.

It was probably just for gameplay reasons as every Kong has to deliver four hits.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The mii costume is strangely faithful to the original DKC K. Rool renders. Strangely, I say, because the Mii costume similarly lacks the nostrils K. Rool lacked in DKC but gained in DKC2 and DKC3 (thereafter losing them for his DK64 render -- maybe it was reused).

The mii costume's scale color resembles his appearance in DKC2/3.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
What I can't stand is the ambiguity of the costume. Is he truly deconfirmed or not? Why has this question not been addressed for such a hugely popular character? Do they just assume we know? Is he deconfirmed? No one knows for sure.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What I can't stand is the ambiguity of the costume. Is he truly deconfirmed or not? Why has this question not been addressed for such a hugely popular character? Do they just assume we know? Is he deconfirmed? No one knows for sure.
Guess we'll have to wait till next month. Get ready for a long September, ugh.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I would kind of suspect that for them to comment would give away data about the ballot that they, quite rightly, don't wish to provide.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope stupid things don't come out of the ballot. Lloyd is one of them, sorry. Not trying to flame but other than Isaac I don't really see many other characters outside of DK. The same goes for SK not hard feelings but man that would be upsetting.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I hope stupid things don't come out of the ballot. Lloyd is one of them, sorry.
Sakurai: We've tallied up the votes and are releasing 3 new characters introducing:
1. Goku
2. Shrek
3. Shaq

Sakurai: Thank you for voting in the ballot, please understand we were'nt able to add every character you wanted, Thank you for helping make Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3-DS a success, I'm Mashedpotato Soccer Eye and I say, take care and enjoy.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I hope stupid things don't come out of the ballot. Lloyd is one of them, sorry. Not trying to flame but other than Isaac I don't really see many other characters outside of DK.
If Lloyd Irving is a playable character then the King will too. Lloyd is right over there on the Mii Costume bench with Rool, Inklings, and Chrom.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sakurai: We've tallied up the votes and are releasing 3 new characters introducing:
1. Goku
2. Shrek
3. Shaq

Sakurai: Thank you for voting in the ballot, please understand we were'nt able to add every character you wanted, Thank you for helping make Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3-DS a success, I'm Mashedpotato Soccer Eye and I say, take care and enjoy.
Goku from Yuyuki doe.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
anybody know what happened to that guy who made a bunch of very good k rool fanart? the guy who made the "gators gonna gate" gif?

did he leave? (i was gone for about 3 months due to something)
just wondering hows hes doing

also here are some ideas for dkc returns 3.

idea 1: king k rool finds a way to clone himself,every k rool persona in 1 game vs the kongs,or say some of the k rool clones betray the others because each clone wants to "rool" the other and some of them join dk.

idea 2: k rool finds a way to make a time machine and goes back in time to help himself
You mean Bellboy64? Now that you mention it, i haven't seen him lately either.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For the ones who hunger for news. Tokyo Game Show is coming on 17th to of September and ends the 20th. Surely a much better place to expect Nintendo news than any PAX ever. At least its confirmed that there will be a showing of Hyrule Warriors Legends (I already have the Wii U version, but if there is something like exclusive Groose, I might have to double dip).
And if there is nothing new. At least it will be only 2 weeks until October 3rd by then. Hoorah!.

This post had nothing to do with King K. Rool? Err... ...Hey! Look behind you! A three headed monkey!.
Are you sure Nintendo will even be there? I heard Nintendo doesn't even often go to that annual event.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
The mii costume is strangely faithful to the original DKC K. Rool renders. Strangely, I say, because the Mii costume similarly lacks the nostrils K. Rool lacked in DKC but gained in DKC2 and DKC3 (thereafter losing them for his DK64 render -- maybe it was reused).

The mii costume's scale color resembles his appearance in DKC2/3.
Let's post this again.

It is pretty much a modern replica of his original (read: best) design. The only real change is the crystal color - the rest of the differences are just in the artstyle/modernized textures. Though I imagine a full model would have some more tweaks that aren't noticeable in the costume, such as removing the clunkiness of the original render.

Oh and let's not forget the random cape pattern change...

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
IS THIS CRAP REALLY AN ARGUMENT/REASON/EXCUSE THAT PEOPLE SAY?

WHAT?

I.......i just can't believe this stuff...
"Ugly characters like K. Rool just simply can't compete with the gorgeous man candy that is Mr. Game & Watch."

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
"Ugly characters like K. Rool just simply can't compete with the gorgeous man candy that is Mr. Game & Watch."
Whilst G&W sounds like a pretty smooth player on paper, I imagine he's pretty one dimensional. His jokes probably fall flat as well.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Are you sure Nintendo will even be there? I heard Nintendo doesn't even often go to that annual event.
Not that sure of it yet. So far I just saw this morning that Koei Tecmo will have playable Hyrule Warrios Legends, so at least 3rd parties will be there with Nintendo games. At least I would rather expect them to be there in a videogame show in their native country over a convention with no record of being a place for Nintendo exhibits.

On the "K. Rool is ugly" topic. Im gonna suppose this is a reaction caused for the record of ugly characters that Rare made over the years. Especially their first 3D humans like the Jet Force Gemini crew and the guy from Grabbed by the Ghoulies are ugly as a sin. K. Rool is not and adonis precisely, being a fat lizard with a severe case of pink eye. But it has an appeal and many points in the "cool I like reptiles" department.
Perhaps the reason of the PAON model changes was to make him prettier.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nintendo isn't going to be there, but they can possibly have a Direct around that time. Hyrule Warriors Legends will also be there with a brand new trailer. Another possibility is they may have something Super Mario Maker week, or after that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nintendo isn't going to be there, but they can possibly have a Direct around that time. Hyrule Warriors Legends will also be there with a brand new trailer. Another possibility is they may have something Super Mario Maker week, or after that.
I knew it! I knew what I heard about Nintendo not being there to be true! So, what are the odds of a Direct happening around there, regardless?

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I know I'm late to the whole ''K. Rool is ugly and we have too many cartoony characters, therefore he should not be included in favor of my gorgeous Bluster Kong Human'' argument being debunked, but I felt like pointing something else out to show how silly the argument is. When you look at the list of Sm4sh newcomers, the are more human/humanoid characters than ''cartoony animals''.
Humans- :rosalina: :4robinm: :4lucina: :4palutena: :4darkpit: :4littlemac: :4wiifit: :4shulk: :4ryu:
''Cartoony characters''- :4bowserjr: :4greninja: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4villager: :4megaman: (I know the last 2 are human-ish/look like humans, but they are relatively ''cartoony'' compared to the rest of the cast imo)
Looking at the ratio of human-cartoon characters, K. Rool would not be ''just another ugly/ animal/ cartoon character'', he would actually add variety to the roster imo (along with everything pointed out across all 1080 pages of this thread). ''K. Rool is another ugly/animal character'' is probably one of the worst arguments against K. Rool's inclusion if you ask me (When your argument is worse than 'muhrelevance', you know you're doing something wrong).

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
If K. Rool was revealed today, what's the first thing you'd do?

I'd write a long, detailed treatise on how excited I am to play as him and how happy I am for everybody that supported him.

Then I'd download him.

Then I'd wreck it in For Glory~ :3
Write Sakurai a personal thank you letter, to be mailed to Nintendo.

Last edited:
1. Goku
2. Shrek
3. Shaq

Oh my gosh, Sakurai does care about the fans. Now, I can use Shaq-fu against Nintendo's (and other) greats, and see it in HD.
Happy late Birthday to me.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572

* Big crown or little?
* Tail or no tail?
* Three toes or four?

I'd want big krown, gold belly armour, tail, long cape, don't care about toes, and *BONUS* I'd like his long, gangly arms from his Rare design.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I know I'm late to the whole ''K. Rool is ugly and we have too many cartoony characters, therefore he should not be included in favor of my gorgeous Bluster Kong Human'' argument being debunked, but I felt like pointing something else out to show how silly the argument is. When you look at the list of Sm4sh newcomers, the are more human/humanoid characters than ''cartoony animals''.
Humans- :rosalina: :4robinm: :4lucina: :4palutena: :4darkpit: :4littlemac: :4wiifit: :4shulk: :4ryu:
''Cartoony characters''- :4bowserjr: :4greninja: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4villager: :4megaman: (I know the last 2 are human-ish/look like humans, but they are relatively ''cartoony'' compared to the rest of the cast imo)
Looking at the ratio of human-cartoon characters, K. Rool would not be ''just another ugly/ animal/ cartoon character'', he would actually add variety to the roster imo (along with everything pointed out across all 1080 pages of this thread). ''K. Rool is another ugly/animal character'' is probably one of the worst arguments against K. Rool's inclusion if you ask me (When your argument is worse than 'muhrelevance', you know you're doing something wrong).
I think this post sums up why I was more hyped for Brawl before it's release than Smash 4 before it's release. The Newcomers in Brawl blow the Smash 4 ones out of the water. I've no connection to any of them save Bowser Jr.. I mean Pac Man and Megaman are icons sure but I was never clamoring for them. In fact, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt are the only ones I was genuinely happy over, besides Robin, if only because I liked Awakening and thought Chrom would be the most bland possible pick from there.

Until Smash 4 gets King K. Rool then Brawl will continue to be my favorite Smash game.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think this post sums up why I was more hyped for Brawl before it's release than Smash 4 before it's release. The Newcomers in Brawl blow the Smash 4 ones out of the water. I've no connection to any of them save Bowser Jr.. I mean Pac Man and Megaman are icons sure but I was never clamoring for them. In fact, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt are the only ones I was genuinely happy over, besides Robin, if only because I liked Awakening and thought Chrom would be the most bland possible pick from there.

Until Smash 4 gets King K. Rool then Brawl will continue to be my favorite Smash game.
Well... In the Pre-Brawl still left "Nintendo All-Stars" to put. The only characters that left that could be considered "All-Stars" are K. Rool and some Mario Characters.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace

Yeah I was never all that hyped for most of the newcomers in Smash 4. A couple of them I like as characters, but for me they felt too gimmicky. Like Bowser Jr I would have much rather have had a quick, small Bowser Jr, with no clown car and a paint brush. Pac-man I was so excited for but his playstyle is just utterly boring.

The only newcomers I really enjoy are Mac, Ryu, and WFT. But even then they're not great.
Mac- so frustrating off stage, the original Mac I loved
Ryu- fun but just an incredibly hard character imo harder than Melee fox
WFT- not good (I haven't played her since the last patch though)

I guess I'm just hoping K Rool doesn't get some gimmicky gameplay like the rest of the newcomers :/

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
For the ones who hunger for news. Tokyo Game Show is coming on 17th to of September and ends the 20th. Surely a much better place to expect Nintendo news than any PAX ever. At least its confirmed that there will be a showing of Hyrule Warriors Legends (I already have the Wii U version, but if there is something like exclusive Groose, I might have to double dip).
And if there is nothing new. At least it will be only 2 weeks until October 3rd by then. Hoorah!.

This post had nothing to do with King K. Rool? Err... ...Hey! Look behind you! A three headed monkey!.
I certainly hope we're getting more exclusives than just KORL and Tetra in Legends. There are many good options. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Vaati and/or Medli. Although Groose would be pretty awesome too. And, uh... K. Rool.

Voted for 4 newcomers in PushDustin's poll. As much as I'd like Snake and Wolf to come back and how much sense it makes for Wolf to return, 4 new characters is more appealing.

- King. K Rool
- Dixie Kong
- Rayman
- Bomberman

Have a bit of a soft spot for Bomberman.

* Big crown or little?
* Tail or no tail?
* Three toes or four?
As long as he gets in and is faithful to the character I don't mind what he looks like.

Little crown
Gold belly
Tail
Long cape
4 toes

Also, lol at the too ugly arguments and how the "mums basement" type characters crap on other peoples choices for no apparent reason. It's like talking to a brick wall with thee people. No point wasting time and effort dealing with them, though it is funny to see them try and justify their reasoning.

Top Bottom