• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Warning Received
I think I may know why Sakurai wouldn't put K. Rool in, a source (Who asked not to be named) told me that appearently at first he decided not to due to problems with his moveset and other things such as relevency, and added a costume to compensate, unfortunetly the fan reaction to the costume was so lukeworm, that he decided against the King entirely, even if he were to be considered later on to be developed due to fan demand. I'm not sure on this, but it all just seemed too real to be fake.

You wonder why I get on your case and you continue to post dumb **** like this.

Just stop. Seriously.

Edit: Oh he's banned? Good riddance to bad rubbish, I'd say

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You wonder why I get on your case and you continue to post dumb **** like this.

Just stop. Seriously.

Edit: Oh he's banned? Good riddance to bad rubbish, I'd say
That's a bit harsh, honestly. While I dislike his detractor attitude, he wasn't being obnoxious, not really anyway.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Apparently we got bull****ted by the "insiders". And if they did that to get attention/followers or to mock us, I find that utterly sad and pathetic.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Apparently we got bull****ted by the "insiders". And if they did that to get attention/followers or to mock us, I find that utterly sad and pathetic.
Well, that's bye-bye to their reputation.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Elaborate. Because we haven't gotten an announcement of a direct tomorrow yet? Or because of the burst of Mario Ultra Smash videos that just came out that seem like they should've been part of a direct?

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman

Why does everyone want this guy in Smash again? I enjoy a lot of his movies but I don't see his correlation to nintendo or videogames in general.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I nearly forgot I was eagerly anticipating Smash DLC, I took a pretty good break from this site and I came back to...jack diddly squat in terms of news. Hopefully sometime soon. I've been playing F-Zero GX for a little nostalgia trip recently, and it makes me wish that Ganondorf would have his own moveset so Black Shadow or Deathborn could inherit it, that's the only way I can see us getting more F-Zero characters.

Also James Phillips James Phillips what character are you referring too? I can't see that image.

I nearly forgot I was eagerly anticipating Smash DLC, I took a pretty good break from this site and I came back to...jack diddly squat in terms of news. Hopefully sometime soon. I've been playing F-Zero GX for a little nostalgia trip recently, and it makes me wish that Ganondorf would have his own moveset so Black Shadow or Deathborn could inherit it, that's the only way I can see us getting more F-Zero characters.

Also James Phillips James Phillips what character are you referring too? I can't see that image.
I didn't see the image either, until I was about to reply to him about it.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman

Film Director Ridley Scott.

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Voted for King K. Rool back when the poll was going on. Hope the votes get us more then a Mii costume.

Lacking true villains. :4bowser::4ganondorf::4villager: Only like 3 of them....

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Fun fact. Yesterday marked the 11th Anniversary of F-Zero Climax, the last F-Zero game ever released. 11 years.

Hold me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Voted for King K. Rool back when the poll was going on. Hope the votes get us more then a Mii costume.

Lacking true villains. :4bowser::4ganondorf::4villager: Only like 3 of them....
Cough cough:4bowserjr:
And if we want to be REEEAALLLY all "technical-like" and whatnot here::4larry::4morton::4wendy::4iggy::4roy::4lemmy::4ludwig:Heck, one of them is literally the FIRST FEMALE baddie to be PLAYABLE in Smash.

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Well, Kutthroats. These past few weeks have been extremely disheartening. Watching as our campaign and our (indeed it is ours!) ballot go out on such a mighty note, support and fan art and Miiverse posts abound with confidence and positivity ... Only to watch things slowly wane. And dwindle. And sputter out in to silent confusion... Has left me feeling somewhat disillusioned.

I feel ignored, and perhaps that is selfish, but Nintendo sought to rally us up with an Internet fanboyism campaign. They knew the fervent devotion and insanity that would result in granting every kid on the Internet's dream (and now some of us adults who once wanted a chance to do just this!) yet in spite of our vocal plight - and indeed, of all the other candidates' fanbases loudness - here we are bereft; some of us even feeling a little betrayed.

As much as I hardly post, if we don't get any news by Sunday, I'll be sailing my ship to ground until there *is* something news related to discuss. I'm just wasting too much time refreshing two pages and various Twitter accounts to maintain my sanity at this point.

You're all great, the most respectable fanbase for a new character by far - I look forward to the day we can sit here and loop the K. Rool trailer together for hours. ;)

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Also I took a screenshot of the character screen, and honestly I think those blocks are just a general indicator not a precise one, or since a key part of tennis is doubles, what if each block contains a pair?

That would bring us up to at least 8, and they promised new characterS not just a single one. Well, what if Diddy is in the red one, and as a Newcomer the Green one is K.Rool, and matter of fact there is no other obvious NEW Green character(though if we go by partners could be Piranha Petey as a returning)
Of course until we see the actual character select who knows

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If K. Rool is playable I'd buy it. I think he's a plausible candidate, but I'm taking it as a big if right now.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
It would be nice to have K. Rool appearing in more spin-offs alongside DK, but I'm feeling like they'd bring him back in a much more major way before they started doing so.
Dunno, the idea of K. Rool returning from hiatus in a Mario Tennis game of all things instead of DKC or Smash just sounds odd. Guess we've had surprises before, though, so whatever.

Wonder who his doubles partner would be, though. Kritter, Krusha, Klump, maybe? Or one of the Barrel Blast Kremlings?
...Bluster Kong?

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
It'd be kind of a nice bookend with his last appearance currently being in a Baseball game. He moves onto tennis, then to Smash in one fell swoop what a kompelling renaissance man!

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Add to that, I doubt it'd lessen his impact into Smash, since we may get his announcement into that before MTUS even releases, and the fact is a multiprong announcement would be pretty sick, and establishing him as a crossover staple alongside his successful return to DK means he'd be a lot more embedded than previously, also you guys, think of the potential of K.Rool in a track version of his Krusha outfit

Some possibilities for remaining Mario Tennis characters.

Green = Koopa/Bowser Jr./Petey
Yellow = Koopa/Bowser Jr./Wiggler
Purple = Birdo/Nabbit
Red = Diddy Kong/Shy Guy/Petey

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It would be nice to have K. Rool appearing in more spin-offs alongside DK, but I'm feeling like they'd bring him back in a much more major way before they started doing so.
Dunno, the idea of K. Rool returning from hiatus in a Mario Tennis game of all things instead of DKC or Smash just sounds odd. Guess we've had surprises before, though, so whatever.

Wonder who his doubles partner would be, though. Kritter, Krusha, Klump, maybe? Or one of the Barrel Blast Kremlings?
...Bluster Kong?
No, I don't see him returning in Mario Tennis first. The first thing he'd appear in is Smash, THEN Mario Tennis.

Green most likely means Koopa Troopa. He was in Power Tennis.

Ultra Smash looks so bland.
Based on Camelot's statements, I think at least two of the unlockable characters are new characters. Purple is definitely Nabbit. Yellow and Red are Bowser Jr. and Diddy, respectively.

Also, Koopa Troopa wasn't in Mario Tennis Open, either. Petey Piranha would also be a plausible candidate, but I think at least two of the characters are newcomers to Mario Tennis, and usually they have a few new characters in every game (Open had three, with zero new starting characters: Luma, Baby Peach, and Dry Bowser). Plus Camelot said there would be new and surprising additions.

Would we get K. Rool? Dunno. Maybe. But whatever the case may be, I think Green is probably a new character.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
nothing new? oh..... ok.. i'll come back later then :( feels like i've waited for a year already

PineappleProducer

Smash Rookie
@ThePhenomTaker I hope you're right. I may seem selfish wanting more stuff, considering the last update was not even a month ago, but nothing quite drums up the hype like a new character.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Nintendo plays WAY too safe on character rosters for their sport/racing games. Lately.
I wish they weren't so adamant about not using RPG characters in the spinoffs. People liked the Koopalings in MK8 because they broke the traditional roster mold.

Hell, I think Mario is better at RPGs than platforming. In terms of platforming, DK and Mega Man do it better.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Apparently there is going to be another long update this upcoming Monday to Wii U online (and Monster Hunter).
Yeah, I think they're working on updating the online firmware to implement the universal account system they talked about previously. Once they are done they'll probably have a Direct, so its all a matter of how often they need to do this.

Watch as nothing happens (in terms of Smash).

It's almost sad at this point. :/
:gawmelee:
Smash since the start of DLC has had updates approximately every 40 days or so. Its too early for another Smash update now, though they could announce something in advance like with the Mario Maker stage. By mid-November there will for sure be another Smash update.

Top Bottom