• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadaj's ask me anything thread.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Knowing how to apply what you know is a great tool, and yes if you know everything about the game but can't apply any of it you'll suck. The thing is being able to apply what you know that will take you further, but having an overall better understanding of the game and being able to apply what you know will take you even further.

I can tell you Diddy has the best defensive playstyle in the game and why but that doesn't mean you'll be able to pick a controller up and just magically be amazing

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Lol Trio

Maharba Marth/Pit can be a somewhat solid team. The problem that lies in the team is if the Pit player can't hold his own or pull his own weight against teams like double MK or one that has a character who excels in juggling and edge guarding. The reason for this is because Marth can't reliably save in a lot of different team situations. But if pit can hold his own, provide constant arrow pressure, follow up from Marth's attacks, and keep himself out of danger then this team can be pretty good. I use to team with my good friend Pitzer here and there and know a bit about the team
You called? Marth/Pit team. Oh boy do I have to also give out on Pit's POV on this team?

Well in Pit's view, Pit has a harder time dealing with people who can be on his *** the whole time during the match, so he is forced to ledge camp. Thus putting his Partner in 2v1 situation. Pit on a team can get overwhelmed, by a lot of things. Like gimping his partner. Causing marth to make errors which YOU DON'T want to happen, Marth has to be played very well or else the team will fall apart. Marth and Pit have a lot they have to overcome. Pit being Gimped also hurts this team. Marth really has no way to save Pit without endangering himself in the process. However if both of these characters are played correctly on teams. They are very good. Both can pressure so well. Pit's arrow's causes people to airdodge, spotdodge, or power shield. Marth can take advantage of those situations and punish accordingly. Pit can save Marth with his Dair, Arrows, Uair and Nair, BUT the Marth has to know when Uair or Nair is coming so he can Smash DI Up. Since Pit has multiple jumps it's his duty to chase people off stage while marth stays on the ledge to prevent the opponent's from grabbing it. Pit also has to be less flashy, don't use Up-b tricks. It can cause Marth harm like not letting him tipper someone. Marth F-throw, Pit Footstool, Marth Jab, Pit Charge F-smash, Marth grab pummel is good in 2v1's. Only if they are at 0%-15%, Depends on how stale the f-throw is. Pit and Marth have a weird chemistry, they really have to work hard in order to get the job done. Both if mastered, then they will be a very good teams, with few possible counters.

The objective of this team is to pressure so much from far and close range, cause panic reactions, and punish Hard.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kadaj, if i got some matches vs my friends wario with my marth would u take a look at it? I want to learn that mu with marth.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Buffering means you can input something while you're in lag, and the first possible frame that action is possible, your character will do it.

Like... Try short hop air-dodging into the ground, and hit something while you airdodge.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Kadaj, if i got some matches vs my friends wario with my marth would u take a look at it? I want to learn that mu with marth.
holy **** kuro....its callmeishmael from fsmash! :)

SO Kabag, ive recently ran into a problem with GW.

The biggest thorn is his bair. I KNOW there are ways to deal with it but i've completely forgotten them ( havent fought a GW in a year and a half). What should I do to prevent a GW putting damage on me and spamming the hell out of it. I can shield it easy...its just they spam it because they know they can get away with it. Vhat do i do?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
holy **** kuro....its callmeishmael from fsmash! :)

SO Kabag, ive recently ran into a problem with GW.

The biggest thorn is his bair. I KNOW there are ways to deal with it but i've completely forgotten them ( havent fought a GW in a year and a half). What should I do to prevent a GW putting damage on me and spamming the hell out of it. I can shield it easy...its just they spam it because they know they can get away with it. Vhat do i do?
Lolz hi der. And i have one thing to say about ur ^^^^ ? and that is learn2sdi.

Marth can SDI GaW's bair easy and then he can land a DS, a bair, or a uair usually. It really makes them think twice about spamming it :p.

Jiggz da bess :troll:

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Lolz hi der. And i have one thing to say about ur ^^^^ ? and that is learn2sdi.

Marth can SDI GaW's bair easy and then he can land a DS, a bair, or a uair usually. It really makes them think twice about spamming it :p.

Jiggz da bess :troll:
well damn....is that really the only way? K5L told me about that...(of course its been in the back of my mind) but i haven't brought it up because I don't like the idea of taking any damage at all lol. But if thats the only way then thats the way it will be.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
well damn....is that really the only way? K5L told me about that...(of course its been in the back of my mind) but i haven't brought it up because I don't like the idea of taking any damage at all lol. But if thats the only way then thats the way it will be.
Well you'll still get hit by it eventually. Just sdi out of it and punish.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Honestly though, he shouldnt be hittin ur shield with it in the first place...just do a retreating fair if he approaches that way which covers u most of the time and when he DOES hit u sdi out and punish.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Retreating fair or a ftilt when he jumps :p

I can show u next time we play
<3 :bee:

So on another note, best way to combat diddy when he has bananas on the stage that you don't have control over. What is the best way to deal with his bananas when you can't get control over them?

Dublio

Smash Ace
How much do you charge for a day's worth of training, playing matches, and teaching other people about all of the information rattling around in your brain?

Dublio

Smash Ace
Summer time is coming and there is much improvement to be had. I thought that Mew2King's idea is actually cool, as having someone to play all day with/having a guy follow you around all week would be interesting. So if I were to grab you for an entire weekend where you were not busy and had nothing to do, then why not? :)

*CT*

Smash Lord
How long are you gonna grow your hair out?

Interesting thread btw.

You don't have a PS3 for MvC3? I might bring my PS3 for G6, maybe.

Dublio

Smash Ace
But if you cut your hair, you won't be able to have your strand of Aizen hair. :o

Also, I think that even though you don't main the same character, since you have so much insights into Brawl, you can still help. :)

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Moose just wait and powershield bananas whenever they throw them
I don't think power shielding the bananas is a good idea at least not all the time its good if they have only one banana because with two it could potentially get you trapped, since it'll almost always send it straight up above you, the Diddy delays the next banana thrown, you perfect shield, then you slip on the other one thats falling. Its better to just catch it or jump out of the way of it. If there's two, if the Diddy is dumb enough to get close when they toss the 2nd one you could shield grab and will help you not slip. And if you do sh catch, mix it up with z catch and air dodge catch because if they expect one or the other you get faired if they expect a zcatch when you air dodge catch though it will go through you and you get a free zac.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Power shielding items thrown at you aren't hard at all.

I'm not telling him to just shield when you THINK they are going to throw it, I'm telling him to do it on reaction. It doesn't matter if he has a second one he can walk OoS and do the same to the next lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
biggest problem with people i see playing diddy

is they sit in their shield trying to figure out what to do when a banana hits it

just full hop and fair if you're marth, catch the nanner then retreat and diddy can't punish it unless he's like... RIGHT there

or you land dumb, but you have a nannar you can cover your landing with it

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman

is they sit in their shield trying to figure out what to do when a banana hits it

just full hop and fair if you're marth, catch the nanner then retreat and diddy can't punish it unless he's like... RIGHT there

Couldn't diddy just run up and fair after they see you jump? I believe Diddy fair outranges marths...
Then again just mix it up with a airdodge catch and that should fix it... I guess

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
Hey Craig this is a really broad question haha, but can you help me with the Marth/Wolf MU?

Specifically can you explain to me what are good ways to approach and handle Wolf and if there's anything special he can do on him (CG, grab release, etc.)

Player-3

Smash Hero
on reaction they can't reach you fast enough unless they're like right next to you, in which case the fair will hit them

unless the predict it ol

*CT*

Smash Lord

Thanks for the tip :O
Fox is supposed to fair or dash attack nanas but I didn't know that's what is recommended for Marth. I really need to get that Diddy MU down, its like my worst.

@Kadaj- Alright sounds like what I'm gonna be doing at G6, are you gonna be at UNCC on the 18th? I plan on coming up early Friday and hang out with them all day.

Top Bottom