• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Yeah smash is on for tomorrow. See you all there.

I'll be a bit late b/c I'm editing after school.
I probably won't be there. Smash just isn't doing it lately for me guys. Not to mention my best friend is finally coming home from New York!

I dunno when the next time we can play before Event 52 :/

After that I will probably quit though, so I need to find some time to hang with you guys before then...

Fino

Smash Master
I probably won't be there. Smash just isn't doing it lately for me guys. Not to mention my best friend is finally coming home from New York!

I dunno when the next time we can play before Event 52 :/

After that I will probably quit though, so I need to find some time to hang with you guys before then...
This kid has the right idea.

Quit melee, game is garbage ;D

~Fino

D

Deleted member

adhdsoad

Smash Lord

This kid has the right idea.

Quit melee, game is garbage ;D

~Fino
Ugh, idiot. I said smash is boring me. It just so happens that melee was the last one to happen. Brawl was definitely first.

All video games kinda suck nowadays. They aren't innovative enough, and when they are they are all noobzored up!

then you apparently didnt watch APEX arkive LOL
Dude APEX had like one exciting match, ROM had at least 5 REALLY good matches.

But dudes I might still come once and a while, but another reason that for quitting is that I spend like 30 bucks on gas per week just to play some games. That's a lot of nuts!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i wasnt talking about how exciting it was im talking about the chanting/yelling lol. every time lain got a grab in vs m2k they yealled at least that loud lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
they were yelling for ice climber chaingrabs?
what the ****

zyklon

Smash Cadet
So when does brawl go down? If at all anymore... Also I play GGXX? Just sayin, if anyone else plays I used to be pretty good at it

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
idk if we play GG, but brawl is still in the house, though only if one of us brings it (it will most def be brought this friday). i think we could all use some matches not done at 4AM LOL

D

Deleted member

on fridays we have a few people that play GGXX:AC

right now i think the JCCC game roster is

SSBM
SSB64
KoFXII
GGXX:AC

ssbb

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
arkive is entirely justified in publicly displaying his dislike for a game that lacks depth and whose competitive (LOL!!!) community has taken away good players from a superior competitive game.
in my opinion

Fino

Smash Master
then you apparently didnt watch APEX arkive LOL
Or Whobo. You want to hear screaming you should've watched dojo v m2k.

Apex's chant was weak, and so was the hype

5:15 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIlnsdDv8Ls

i'm telling you yo, play a real game
That game looked like it contained stupid muscle memory combos / infinites against a wall. Almost as stupid as an IC CG (don't talk to me about set-ups). Looks like a 'party' game to me right?

yw, always nice to have new people to play with. i get uber casual/papa johns from KC brawlers on aib :(
*fixed* ;D

arkive is entirely justified in publicly displaying his dislike for Brawl.
*fixed* your opinion sucks btw. I'd like to see you justify your claims.
As for taking gamers away from a "superior" game... if it is superior... why are they being taken away from it O.o?

Don't be a hardcore melee fanboy, you're bad at pulling it off. At least Jace is sarcastic about it, and Arkive has a half was legit reason not to like the game. You just jumped on the KC melee bandwagon to try and sound cool.

~Fino

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the argument that "if it's superior then why are more people playing brawl" is invalid because society in general constantly displays stupidity. you cannot trust or even look to the majority of society for nearly anything, let alone use it as a basis for an argument, when the majority of society is stupid. some good players will go to the game where there's more money, regardless of which one is more fun to them, so that doesn't work either.
you aren't stupid though, fino, and i have no intention of insulting you or your intelligence... just brawl.

i also attempted to enter the brawl scene upon its launch and even ran a tournament. i realized the game lacked depth/fun and went back to melee long before i even entered the KC smash scene (which was at event 52) so no, i'm not just "jumping on the KC bandwagon to try and sound cool."

D

Deleted member

That game looked like it contained stupid muscle memory combos / infinites against a wall. Almost as stupid as an IC CG (don't talk to me about set-ups). Looks like a 'party' game to me right?
i'm rofling soooo hard right now

just the thought of you saying something that ridiculously stupid is making me laugh my *** off. guilty gear is so hardcore and technical that its probably the most difficult game to date, unlike your trash party game where you can press Z+ down over and over and win the match. at least these combos take a ******** amount of time to learn and to actually pull off in a match takes even more skill.

its also funny because last time you played you couldn't even quarter circle motion, which is the equivalent of not being able to do smash attacks in a ssb game. so if its really a party game you should have been able to pick it up right away right? i'm sorry, but keep your scrub *** comments to yourself.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
time for me to step in and say:

stop it. everyone. just ignore fino. he is intentionally baiting yall to start an argument. i want to hear nomore of this stupid and pointless fighting or i will get this thread closed and yall can fight elsewhere. especially you strongbad, you jump and any tiny possible excuse to talk and badmouth fino or brawl. so just dont.

Fino

Smash Master
i'm rofling soooo hard right now

just the thought of you saying something that ridiculously stupid is making me laugh my *** off. guilty gear is so hardcore and technical that its probably the most difficult game to date, unlike your trash party game where you can press Z+ down over and over and win the match. at least these combos take a ******** amount of time to learn and to actually pull off in a match takes even more skill.

its also funny because last time you played you couldn't even quarter circle motion, which is the equivalent of not being able to do smash attacks in a ssb game. so if its really a party game you should have been able to pick it up right away right? i'm sorry, but keep your scrub *** comments to yourself.
So not being able to pick up a game I've never seen or played before, or had any background in playing similar games, and not be able to play it well with people competitive auto-makes it not a party game? I constantly 3-stocked those high-school kids that come, and you know how rare 3-stocking in brawl is. Most weren't even high percent 3-stocks.... most were around 50%. This was with olimar btw.
I could quarter circle, but I didn't understand the point of doing it. That kind of goes hand in hand with never playing the game or anything like it before.
It has muscle memory infinites was all I was saying, and that's no different than an IC CG. If you tell me that 0-death'ing with IC CG's is easy, I will bring brawl tomorrow and I want to see you magically pick up and CG me. Brawl is so easy it should only take you a couple tries to 0-death someone. You would even have the advantage in this since you've played brawl before and are familiar with its mechanics and button layout!!! It's a sure-win for you. (Think before you talk).
I'm not arguing that your game takes more skill, but the fact that you contradict yourself left and right makes me laugh. You think brawl is dumb because it has stupid infinites, just like guilty gear; regardless of the amount of "skill" or "muscle memory". You don't like brawl because you can "press b, upB, and cstick down to win" yet when I watch you play melee you only press down b and jump A to win. It seems like a similar concept again. Your reason for quitting brawl is that you worked hard only to get gayed by top tier characters and you won't play brawl unless you can play link.
You play fox in 64, and RARELY do I see you play link in 64. You play fox and marth in melee and RARELY do I see you play link in melee. What makes brawl different? You play marth and fox in brawl, but your reasoning for not playing them is because fox gets gayed by stupid infintes and you hate marth (versus melee marth?). Here's the beauty of brawl, there's a system of counter picking characters. You're going fox, and all of a sudden you see stealth in bracket. You know he's going to use pikachu, so you can use marth since marth is a counter to pikachu, solving your "fox gets gayed" problem.
"If you want to do well in games on a competitive level you almost have to play top tier" -Arkive Zero

I could go on longer.... but listen to yourself, and listen to how silly you sound sometimes.

~Fino

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah i don't even feel like responding to fino's posts anymore.

i think someone said this before, but there isn't JCCC smash next week, right?

D

Deleted member

ah ****, i want to spit flames so hard right now but i dont want to get this thread closed because ik that stealth is legit with the threats

fino if you want to keep talking ****, step up tomorrow

D

Deleted member

stealth bring your laptop cause i want to see your cat killer ravage video and jace bring darkrain's combo video

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, are those JCCC meeting still going on throughout the summer, and at which ones is Brawl actually going to be played? I'd prefer not to show up to just Melee or, far worse, just smash 64/animal crossing to say the least...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
its been nothing but smash when i have gone, all 3 games. ill be going all i can (same with fino) so there should alwasy be brawl. and yes we should still have summer meetings.

Top Bottom