• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Fino

Smash Master
I just want to point out that these are two different tournaments. I think there's some confusion. They both have brawl but the first one isn't having melee.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251902

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=207197

Fino I believe you were wanting to go to the first tournament? That's not for us. They're also on two different weekends :p
he is going to both :p
If everything works out smoothly... this^^^
The tournament in iowa this weekend is the substitute for joker's monthly

~Fino

dmac

Smash Champion
k jfro pyro both confirmed, phat wants to go and has to get off work which he hopefully can do, and rezo also wants to go, but hes got to grow the cajones to do so.

assuming that everyone that said they can go, find a way to go, thats 11 dudes. theres no way its gonna be 11 cause people are lame and it'll inevitably drop a bit, but even if its 11 we can work out two cars still, i think.

Fino

Smash Master
k jfro pyro both confirmed, phat wants to go and has to get off work which he hopefully can do, and rezo also wants to go, but hes got to grow the cajones to do so.

assuming that everyone that said they can go, find a way to go, thats 11 dudes. theres no way its gonna be 11 cause people are lame and it'll inevitably drop a bit, but even if its 11 we can work out two cars still, i think.
Hmmmm..... too bad strongbad? lol.
Who is the other driver?

~Fino

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think if anyone's going to get kicked out of a carpool with a strong majority of melee players, it'd be the Brawl players.
& people are going to john out anyway.

EDIT: & one of those people is me.
next time i'm not even going to ask my parents i'm just going to go. fts

dmac

Smash Champion
yeah the venus is AMAZING. best place to consolidate would at pyros parents or aunts, as its right on the way. if you're comin from lawrence it'll probably be a 3.5-4 hour drive

Massive

Smash Champion
yeah the venus is AMAZING. best place to consolidate would at pyros parents or aunts, as its right on the way. if you're comin from lawrence it'll probably be a 3.5-4 hour drive
Pyro's aunt's would be ideal, since everyone already knows where it is.

It's about a 2.5-3 hr drive from Liberty up to Des Moines, we'd have to get together at 9 or 10 if we wanted to get there with time to spare before 1pm (I think that's when stuff starts, anyway). Suburban liberty is also a reasonable safe place to leave an unattended vehicle.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
The venue area sounds soooo dank. I see that there's a bar... Dmac you're over 21 right? ^_^

The venue pictures are on facebook. *krai*

Anyone got the details figured out yet? Exactly how much gas will cost, what time we're leaving, who's driving, housing, etc etc. I would drive but my car is a piece of cheese.

Fino

Smash Master
The venue area sounds soooo dank. I see that there's a bar... Dmac you're over 21 right? ^_^

The venue pictures are on facebook. *krai*

Anyone got the details figured out yet? Exactly how much gas will cost, what time we're leaving, who's driving, housing, etc etc. I would drive but my car is a piece of cheese.
Depends on who's going and how long it'd take with the stop at pyroty's
I'm good w/ driving, but whoever has the best mpg/doesn't mind driving should be the person. According to mapquest, it'd cost ~$9 a person (assuming a 5-way split). I heard iowa is pretty good w/ housing, I'll ask joker... he can prolly get all of us in.

lolcheese? what kind of car do you have?

~Fino

Jace08

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I'm sure us lawrence people will carpool to pyro's Fino

Doesn't this tournament start at like 1 or something?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord

Depends on who's going and how long it'd take with the stop at pyroty's
I'm good w/ driving, but whoever has the best mpg/doesn't mind driving should be the person. According to mapquest, it'd cost ~$9 a person (assuming a 5-way split). I heard iowa is pretty good w/ housing, I'll ask joker... he can prolly get all of us in.

lolcheese? what kind of car do you have?

~Fino
So we still only have 1 car... haha somebody needs to step up.

And yeah check with housing, I'd rather not have to pay to be able to sleep at night, because I have a minimum amount of money this weekend. **** I would rather sleep outside than pay for a hotel.

Umm my car is an '89. nuff said.

Fino

Smash Master
Oh yeah I'm sure us lawrence people will carpool to pyro's Fino

Doesn't this tournament start at like 1 or something?
Yeah, but we need to get there in time to reg.

And yeah check with housing, I'd rather not have to pay to be able to sleep at night, because I have a minimum amount of money this weekend. **** I would rather sleep outside than pay for a hotel.

Umm my car is an '89. nuff said.
I got semi-confirmed housing... as in someone told me "this person should be able to house you guys. I'll try to get a hold of them. I wouldn't pay for housing either - haha.

Jace will get to see my car today :]

~Fino

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Markis start picking up some quarters.

I think the only person who would be able to house you would be Captain love or Joker.

Be there at 12 please.

CFMV

"The Marf"
Just $9 a person for gas? Darn, I would've been able to go if I didn't spend a few more dollars after getting MW2.
I was so disappointed about MW2. I was gonna buy it for the PC but then they completely trashed it. No dedicated servers, no mods, no console commands, no leaning. I was surprised to hear they hadn't removed mouse support.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I was so disappointed about MW2. I was gonna buy it for the PC but then they completely trashed it. No dedicated servers, no mods, no console commands, no leaning. I was surprised to hear they hadn't removed mouse support.
Yeah I've heard about all the crap they did to the PC version.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/modernwarfare2

You don't get a user score like that just from a few other console trolls posting for the lulz.

Well if you want to hear from someone who got the only version of the game not botched in some way (aside from not being allowed to use XBL Party Chat during TDM for some odd reason), it's amazing. Campaign, multiplayer and all.

only1Z

Smash Champion
You're right, you get it from being average swill churned out bi-yearly and paying your way to the top...

Massive

Smash Champion
i do not plan on spending the night, even if it ends late
Thank god.
I spent 2 weeks there for work last summer; I've slept in Iowa more than I ever wanted to.

ArkiveZero said:
CoD is bad, play CS
CoD1 on the PC was a pretty amusing LAN party game.
I rapidly lost interest when it became Madden for WW2 fans.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
$9 for gas, $10 entry fee for Melee, $10 entry fee for SF4, no hotel, food for one day about $20. I think I may be able to pay for this. But someone would need to pick me up.

dmac

Smash Champion
i mean i guess i can come up with a plan now, nothing really changes either way. either 5 in both cars, 4 in both cars,or in with 4 one with 5. wheres mjg live? i guess we have to figure out who wants to drive the large chunk of time from pyros to iowa. as far as i know only fino and i have offered to drive so thats two cars from lawrence, but if someone else is wanting to drive from pyros we can just do one car from lawrence too. i plan on takin my station wagon as it has room for two moderately sized tvs and im bringing my own setup and im sure pyro has a setup to jam in my car too. if you're wanting to bring your own brawl setup fino we should probably drive seperately

edit FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU markis... we'll see, atm we have 10 people planned so that means no room for blackis, but **** might go down and plans change

dmac

Smash Champion
whats the school thing got to do with it? like, the semester? cause if we're leavin saturday morning it shouldn't be an issue unless he has crazy saturday school

as of right now phat cant get off work but hes still trying. oh lawd who will be jbm for me if phat doesn't go :( (JK I GOT IT NP). rezo hasn't gotten back to me yet. so as of now markis bro you're in?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I think Fino meant that he wouldn't know until MJG gets out of school. Also, is it just me or does MJG look like HMW? Hahaha

This tourney is lookin' pretty hype atm. I wonder if any other oos are comin' besides us...?

Dibs on riding with Dmac and Phat.

ALSO x 15 - Let me know if I should bring a setup.

dmac

Smash Champion
ah i feel dumb now <_< , my car can fit two 25"ish tvs so if id ont have to bring mine that'd be neato, im guessin pyro or jace will bring a vcr and some tapes?

Top Bottom