• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

dmac

Smash Champion
omg, a new guy, this is amazing, we usually get together at massive's house on saturdays, its in some city in kc... someone post massives address!

we got players of all skill levels so you're totally welcome to come join

Ex-Dove

Smash Cadet
Awesome. I hooked up with the guys that play Brawl in lawrence in june sometime but when you're in the mood for melee there's no substitute. What times on saturdays?

dmac

Smash Champion
we usually dont start till about 5ish, but we might start earlier this week because nebraska is comin down for our not-regularly-scheduled tourneys that we have

rpotts

Smash Lord
dmac i herd u have a triangle screwdriver for GC controllers. Raith ***** my stick now it's totally loose and non responsive. Can i borrowz?

rpotts

Smash Lord
HEY GUISE WANNA SMASH ON WEDNESDAY 64 ONLY!!!! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

LOL

I just want to fix my new/only fully working gc troller that raith had so sexually molest so violently.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Well, I'm fine with whatever. I can meet you guys in lawrence sometime, or there's always Rob's house on Thursdays too

BunBun

Smash Master
How boring.

You want hardcore gaming?

My friends and I used to have no holds barred PC gaming sessions. We'd all be in the same room, and nothing was off limits except the power cable. Keyboards were unplugged, screens were looked at, physical beatings were administered and nothing was sacred. If someone got up to go after someone else you could hop onto their machine and attempt to suicide squad attack with their units.

Everyone refused to play Terran because it was too easy to disrupt all production.

I could crush on of these Koreans in no holds barred Starcraft. 300 APM doesn't matter if the keyboard isn't sending to the monitor, or you're on the ground writhing in pain from a Charlie Horse or if two or three people teamed up on you to pin you down while someone sabotaged your base.

THe worst was if the game started to extend and you were thirsty or had to use the bathroom after chugging too many warm Dr. Peppers. Leaving the room was certain doom.

In the end we all bought those little pistols that shot the rubber pellets.

By the end of the night the room we played in would be littered with plastic pellets and Doritos crumbs.

Games were normally won by the person who managed to protect their machine long enough to build a few barracks and spam build for more than a few minutes. One time a game went on 4 hours and people began to contemplate wetting their own pants rather than leaving the room.

That mop mutant promoted this comment
lol Wow...

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Jace just bring money for booze.

And don't listen to Arkive, sprite is the worst.

Mr. Pibb, Mountain Dew, Grape Soda, Vanilla Coke!

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Jace just bring money for booze.

And don't listen to Arkive, sprite is the worst.

Mr. Pibb, Mountain Dew, Grape Soda, Vanilla Coke!

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Mmmm double post goodness.

I need warm up games for this weekend!

Also do we really have to play just to play games this weekend? I might not enter the tournament >.>

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Lol

What is the point of NE coming down if Kc people don't enter the tourney when NE is driving and paying the 5 dollars for singles/doubles.

Raith. Keep the economy alive for smash bros.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Lol

What is the point of NE coming down if Kc people don't enter the tourney when NE is driving and paying the 5 dollars for singles/doubles.

Raith. Keep the economy alive for smash bros.
Ehhhhhh I'm just trying to cut down on spending money all the time. Also I refuse to play Fox and Falco ever again in tournament so I am now really bad at this game.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Soooo I've been practicing my tech skill an insane amount because I hate when Peach doesn't do what I tell her to and I have to beat her

And now I'm twice as fast and can FC nair as quick as Armada no lie

Get highpd

rpotts

Smash Lord
dmac, any luck findin that screwdriver? My wavebird just won't cut it.

****it raith....

Also, if this double posts Imma lol.

Top Bottom