• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Massive

Smash Champion
I think Z should change his last name to Gannondorf and become a school principal. Then he could move back to the 80s and LIVE THIS MOVIE.

Also, if Columbia is the plan this weekend, may I suggest the Jacevan?

edit:
ZANE BAUER IS THE HOTTEST ATHENA I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Smash Lord
KS Jace would tap

EDIT: So guys, I think we should have a Lawrence Smash this Thursday! Pound V pools will be released on Tuesday, so this will give me a chance to get some last-minute practice/advice for people in my pool who I might have trouble with. I'll be scouting videos throughout the week so I'll come with plenty of questions for you Arc/dmac! Strong Bad would you be able to make it to this?
I'm interested in this.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Alright Melee people. I got approval for a venue. To host the tournament.

If you guys are still in, whoever wants to be the "melee TO" should PM me. I won't have to put in a stipulation that they can't play, as long as the tournament is running smoothly as far as I know.

The venue can easily hold about 140 people. So we can try to do it big :)

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Lawrence is p far away but I can try, Honda
Just tell whoever's going to drive you that it's a priority. If the driving back and forth is a problem, you might even ask if you can stay the night at my place so that we can both leave for the airport together the next day

Jace08

Smash Lord
Good stuff lux, I'd be fine with being tourney host then unless someone else wants to. When we've hosted in the past generally our whole crew helps out anyway

Sooo should we try to make this the next huge event 52 then? Let's do it guys

thursday it is, honda

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I think Amba should be the TO, personally...he helped save Peef's *** at POE3, plus Jace will never DQ anyone!!!!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
we can all help out in organizing the tourney honestly, things will go far more smoothly if we've got KC people making sure pools are going well and stuff.

honda: i'm kinda doubting it on that but i'll mention it tomorrow.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I think Amba should be the TO, personally...he helped save Peef's *** at POE3, plus Jace will never DQ anyone!!!!!
haha so true

Yeah I'd actually be grateful if you were official TO amba, you've got experience hosting, and it'd give me more time for friendlies ><

so we have to make a decision on whether we're going to Colombia or not this weekend, the sooner they know the better. Who else besides me is down? Honda I know you'll be at pound

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
April 9th or 30th. If you had to choose between those two dates for the tournament, which one would you choose?

It might be a moot point based on availability, but let me know what you guys think.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
btw Lux if you need any help with visual promotion (sigs, logo, badges etc) I could probably help you out, I am arguably the best graphic designer in Smash...

:yeahboi:

Also I vote April 30, gives people a little more time to start planning/saving after Spring Break

@Jace I think you should still help with the TOing for your continued experience, but you need to develop that killer instinct!!

Smash Lord
haha so true

Yeah I'd actually be grateful if you were official TO amba, you've got experience hosting, and it'd give me more time for friendlies ><

so we have to make a decision on whether we're going to Colombia or not this weekend, the sooner they know the better. Who else besides me is down? Honda I know you'll be at pound
Get back to me later with a pricetag for this.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I think Jace should just go to Columbia by himself as representative of the KC crew, then they will know our true power

btw Azen will be at Pound...finally I have a chance to play some really old school players, can't wait

Hopefully he's not in my pool though

Jace08

Smash Lord
yeah I'd be willing to drive, but unfortunately my van sucks on gas, like even for a van. At least it's fixed now though (thanks to ANDY! And dmac too thanks again)

cool massive how about the rest of you guys? Phat for you it's only like an hour and 50 minutes from your place anyway, right? If we go I think the turnout will actually be pretty good for for a midwest tourney

Get back to me later with a pricetag for this.
here's my estimate
singles: $5
if you wanna do doubles: $5
gas: probably around 6-7ish
and then however much you wanna spend on food for the day

Smash Lord
yeah I'd be willing to drive, but unfortunately my van sucks on gas, like even for a van. At least it's fixed now though (thanks to ANDY! And dmac too thanks again)

cool massive how about the rest of you guys? Phat for you it's only like an hour and 50 minutes from your place anyway, right? If we go I think the turnout will actually be pretty good for for a midwest tourney

here's my estimate
singles: $5
if you wanna do doubles: $5
gas: probably around 6-7ish
and then however much you wanna spend on food for the day
This sounds pretty affordable. I'll do it.

Also is Thursday happening?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'll be helping Plank out at pound 5 and co-running the Project M tourney there so if you want me to help out at this april tourney i'll prolly be able to Jace.

Honda: can't make it Thursday, q_q.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^sure man

April 9th or 30th. If you had to choose between those two dates for the tournament, which one would you choose?.
I would think the 30th so we could give people more advanced notice... what do the rest of you think? Oh and we should talk to darkrain about this for sure

Top Bottom