• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Wobbling kills hype, and keeps people like you out of our tournaments. It also puts a bad impression on our already small Melee community. For most people here, I'd say it's just a preference, and since you're not the TO, you should probably just save your long paragraphs for another thread. No matter what you say, Kansas is going to have a tournament the way Kansas wants to.

tl;dr - gtfo

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Uncounterable? You mean like those 10-15 seconds where the other player can't do anything short of hitting the controller out of your hands?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just to clarify, the TO for Melee can play in the tournament as long as they are able to make sure it's run on time. I have a tentative schedule that would work for Brawl posted in the OP of the tourney thread. If you're able to run that WHILE playing, you're more than welcome to.

So it it going to be Amba or Jace being the TO? Or BOTH? :) :) :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I survived until 258% against HDL's Link game 1 and 219% game 2.
WE LIVIN'

jturley: Armada picked Young Link against Hungrybox during Winner's Quarterfinals at Pound 5. He 2-0'd him using Young Link, where he got 3-0'd using his Peach (his main, the character he's known for) at Apex against Hungrybox.
HondaFoo and I just went "that ain't jturley!" as a reference to your YL, lol.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wobbling kills hype, and keeps people like you out of our tournaments. It also puts a bad impression on our already small Melee community. For most people here, I'd say it's just a preference, and since you're not the TO, you should probably just save your long paragraphs for another thread. No matter what you say, Kansas is going to have a tournament the way Kansas wants to.

tl;dr - gtfo
The funny part is that if Amba TO's then it will be allowed.

I have never not attended a tournament because of wobbling rules. I just try to appeal to reason, so if the goal is to "keep people like me" out then good luck, not to mention what is a "person like me?"

And who the f*ck are you? Rei vincent? July 2010 join date? Who are you to try to talk about the "community"? How many tournaments have you hosted? What have you contributed to the game? I can tell you what I've done if you want to know. Until you do something, you are on the outside looking in, trying to tell me to GTFO. I've been here a damn good while and I have put serious effort into bettering the community. I raised two crews from the GROUND and am responsible for getting at least 50 people into this game. I got Reneblade to start playing this game instead of Counterstrike and now hes the most beloved **** in the MW. I brought Zhu, MacD, Rockcrock, Husband, Wife and Wobbles here for my tournament that was the most stacked bracket the midwest will get to see for the next couple years, or until I host another one. Your boy Amba? He was a Gears of War player before I finally convinced him to start playing this game, and now he is stepping up to help lead KC smash.

I am not the most respected person in the world because I am terrible at empathy and I tend to piss people off when that isn't my intent. However, I have done my part. There are few things that piss me off more than new ignorant players like you telling ME about the community that I can legitimately claim my piece of.

PS: If you have "been around longer than that" or are posting on a smurf account then you picked the wrong time to do it, and for someone who whines about disrespect so much (I've seen your posts) I'm surprised that you don't practice what you preach. (Or should I change "practice" to "steal", perhaps you have a little more experience with that.)

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
A person like you is someone who rages about rules, insults our crew and is just a giant douchebag. I don't think anybody here cares what you have done because it doesn't outweigh how you are acting in the thread, so get the **** out.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Thank you Peef, for single-handedly keeping MW Smash alive.

Also rei_vincent is Raith aka Fake PC Chris aka adhdsoad aka been in the KC crew for a damn long time

EDIT: OMFG FIRST AARON POST EVER AFTER 6 YEARS AND IT'S RIPPING PEEF LOLOLOLOLOLOL <3

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
To be fair from an outsider perspective, Peef was arguing purely from logical merit before the discussion degenerated into ad hominem argument on the other side :\

AustinRC

Smash Lord
The funny part is that if Amba TO's then it will be allowed.

I have never not attended a tournament because of wobbling rules. I just try to appeal to reason, so if the goal is to "keep people like me" out then good luck, not to mention what is a "person like me?"

And who the f*ck are you? Rei vincent? July 2010 join date? Who are you to try to talk about the "community"? How many tournaments have you hosted? What have you contributed to the game? I can tell you what I've done if you want to know. Until you do something, you are on the outside looking in, trying to tell me to GTFO. I've been here a damn good while and I have put serious effort into bettering the community. I raised two crews from the GROUND and am responsible for getting at least 50 people into this game. I got Reneblade to start playing this game instead of Counterstrike and now hes the most beloved **** in the MW. I brought Zhu, MacD, Rockcrock, Husband, Wife and Wobbles here for my tournament that was the most stacked bracket the midwest will get to see for the next couple years, or until I host another one. Your boy Amba? He was a Gears of War player before I finally convinced him to start playing this game, and now he is stepping up to help lead KC smash.

I am not the most respected person in the world because I am terrible at empathy and I tend to piss people off when that isn't my intent. However, I have done my part. There are few things that piss me off more than new ignorant players like you telling ME about the community that I can legitimately claim my piece of.

PS: If you have "been around longer than that" or are posting on a smurf account then you picked the wrong time to do it, and for someone who whines about disrespect so much (I've seen your posts) I'm surprised that you don't practice what you preach. (Or should I change "practice" to "steal", perhaps you have a little more experience with that.)

burn.

10 Y.Link's

Also PEEF why are you discussing Wobbling in the KC thread? Just curious, not asking or telling you to gtfo just wondering. =P

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
To be fair from an outsider perspective, Peef was arguing purely from logical merit before the discussion degenerated into ad hominem argument on the other side :\
I think the problem was him even being in here arguing in the first place...?

darkatma

Smash Hero
yeah lixi plays dr mario as his other main

i've never cared about wobbling for myself, but it is disheartening to see my crew members get knocked out by said strat.

not saying it should be banned or anything though.

Massive

Smash Champion
I think the problem was him even being in here arguing in the first place...?
Yep.

The KC crew is among the most chill crews in all of smashdom. Peef loosing yon drama-llama upon us is not only unappreciated, but really quite pointless.

It's pretty cool that you feel like you're in the moral right, you've even constructed something resembling inductive reasoning in efforts of supporting your argument. The unfortunate issue is that you are attempting to argue from a position of pragmatism.

You have yet to acknowledge a single valid point made in counter to your argument, in fact you simply reiterate your earlier statements expecting them to have more of an impact.

A logical argument requires that one be able to accept the possibility of defeat. That isn't really happening here.

dmac

Smash Champion
please show the first ad hominem (did a couple people just take a logic class? stating "modus tollens" was a completely ostentatious addition to your argument) or when the argument degenerated. i mean, besides peef insulting raith based on a join date. please dont bring up your dedication or what you have done for to the smash community here, in this thread it is simply insulting and terribly irrelevant.

wobbling arguments are tired, everyone knows reasons for both sides. deal with it on a tourney by tourney basis, theorycrafting has been done and done. ICs have more ways to kill you from a grab besides wobbling, and wobbles makes it look cooler and more brutal.

dmac

Smash Champion
strongbad use your super mod powers and tell people to take their arguments to character specific forums if they want to really talk about it more

dance my puppet... dance

Massive

Smash Champion
Strongbad got unmodded after he killed all those orphans.
I don't know if he's killed enough puppies to get them back yet.

Smashboards modding rights are confusing.

dmac

Smash Champion
hey guys, guys this is serious... if you about my age, and you do not buy DUKE NUKEM FOREVER, i will drink a beer, punch your head off, and then drop my bricks

Smash Lord
So yeah, all this stuff took me 30 minutes to read, and I can imagine all these points have been debated elsewhere. Thanks.

Just to get this out there, house rules are dumb. This game has been out for like 10 years. How in the hell is there not a static ruleset yet?

AmBa LaNce

Smash Apprentice
Jesus Christ.

I've never been so torn on an online single specific video game forum in my entire life.

I'll address a couple of things but I'm not adding any fuel to the fire.

I want and volunteered to TO the upcoming tourney. I won't be entering the tourney. This decision hasn't been pressed onto me. I simply enjoy the TO aspects over paying to get buttraped. I'll still play friendlies.

My TO experiences are somewhat limited but my overall managing skills are top notch. That being said I'm not sure if "TOing" and "Hosting" are the same. Also I'm not sure if its the TO or the host who has final say over the ruleset. Again my TOing is limited and I will defer to someone of more experience even if I am responsible for rulesets.

I love PEEF. I love KC Smash Crew. I love Peace. Please don't take any of that away from me.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Jesus Christ.

I've never been so torn on an online single specific video game forum in my entire life.

I'll address a couple of things but I'm not adding any fuel to the fire.

I want and volunteered to TO the upcoming tourney. I won't be entering the tourney. This decision hasn't been pressed onto me. I simply enjoy the TO aspects over paying to get buttraped. I'll still play friendlies.

My TO experiences are somewhat limited but my overall managing skills are top notch. That being said I'm not sure if "TOing" and "Hosting" are the same. Also I'm not sure if its the TO or the host who has final say over the ruleset. Again my TOing is limited and I will defer to someone of more experience even if I am responsible for rulesets.

I love PEEF. I love KC Smash Crew. I love Peace. Please don't take any of that away from me.
Yeah Amba I didn't know you actually wanted to do it. When we talked in E-ville I got a different impression, I think you can understand why I thought that. I'm sure you'll do good.

My part has been said on wobbling, the only reason it is banned is because people don't like losing.

Dmac, the purpose of the MT was so that nobody would try to say the conclusion was not properly derived. (And after all, that is how proofs are written -__-) People will do anything to get around admitting that their dislike of wobbling is purely them hoping to avoid losing, which is a sh*t mindset for a competitive game. I also brought up dedication and what I have done because it was directly challenged and it was implied I was not part of the community, not because I felt like saying it.

As far as Raith, I know who you are. Posting big sh*t from smurf account, not the best.

Darkatma, which of your crew members lost to someone who wobbles? I hope you aren't referring to your teammate BlitzBolt who I beat at HDRemix, because I did not wobble him a single time, and I only got 2 grabs over the course of both games.

Massive I have directly addressed every counterpoint, and I am still waiting for a critique of my argument "proof".

I don't troll btw. I just accidentally piss people off because I'm bad at empathy and defend myself ferociously.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Last time I played you, it was the easiest 4 stock I've ever gifted a Falcon as ****ty as yours, but now you learn how to wobble and take a few sets and you're a bad ***. If wobbling is no big deal, why do you switch mains because of one technique? I think if we take away wobbling, Ice Climbers are scared of losing, not everyone else.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Last time I played you, it was the easiest 4 stock I've ever gifted a Falcon as ****ty as yours, but now you learn how to wobble and take a few sets and you're a bad ***. If wobbling is no big deal, why do you switch mains because of one technique? I think if we take away wobbling, Ice Climbers are scared of losing, not everyone else.
Actually, last time you played me it was in pools at POE3 and I 2-0'ed you.

I hope you're in my pool at SMYM bud.

I switched mains because Trail influenced me to, and I wanted to play a character that I could really help develop, and I did.

How bout you play without shine, and we will see who's "scared". (See this little argument stops working once it gets put back on you.) If we took rest away Jiggs would be "scared of losing" etc. Not to mention I play tournaments all the time without wobbling and do just fine. I haven't done anything amazing, but I've taken tournament matches and sets off of alot of the good MW players without wobbling. Let's see you do that without your shine (or with it?) =D

But I don't like wobbling anyway, and I do it very infrequently outside of pools. like I said the last tournament I went to that wobbling was legal at, I didn't do wobble, and my purpose was to "prove myself" but people just assumed I wobbled there anyway. I have one of the best non-wobbling grab games and I like showing it off on easy space animals like you =]

Don't get grabbed.

Promise me you won't get grabbed. It will give you too easy of an excuse to complain about me.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
LOL you 2-0'd me by wobbling me for 6 stocks. Peef, you are ****ing ********.
I'm ********? You're the one that got grabbed 6 times in 2 games by an Ice Climber player.

Just don't plan on getting grabbed 6 times in 2 games and winning regardless of the status of wobbling.

I can assure you it will end all the same.

Jace08

Smash Lord
So it it going to be Amba or Jace being the TO? Or BOTH? :) :) :)
Since amba is cool with it you should make him official TO. But like we mentioned before our whole crew will probably help out with things plenty so it's not all just on amba. And to clarify amba I use TO and tourney host interchangeably.

axe is in here best ever ><

Top Bottom