• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wouldn't want to get Pokémon Black, else I'd have to worry about my game stealing itself.
No but seriously I stopped buying the games after D&P.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Yooo hell yes Z! I'll teach you doom :D

Rock assist isn't as good as missles, but still pretty legit, just depends what kind of team you're running. You gotta get rid of spidey though. That dude is asssss lol.

Jace is bad at video games.

Massive

Smash Champion
so, my mom s car got stolen last(hence me wanting to leave earlier si I would be able to deal with it and help in the morning).luckily it did get recovered quickly, it was at a near by motel. there were a bunch of keys that were taken, mostly ones that were for the apartments she rents. the plate was missing too. she right now she had to change the locks on every apartment she rents :/ right now tere are three suspects, one if them being my old **** roommate, but that's the least like y one atm
Sh*t son. We need to get your whole family set up with the Praetorian Guard.

Also, I just found out that kirby's boostgrab makes FLAMES SHOOT OUT OF HIS FEET BEFORE HE GRABS YOU (this is my new favorite thing in smash).
Jigglypuff's boostgrab makes the dash attack noise twice before the grab comes out. I call it psychological warfare.

edit: I just realized I have no teams partner for SMYM. Anybody want to volunteer? I've been getting a lot better at resting the **** out of dudes in teams.

dmac

Smash Champion
no man he farts fire!

plan for SMYM

we're going to meet at phats house at 4:15 on friday

try not to be late :(

dont forget to bring stuff to sleep on and wash your ***

dark already has one room reserved, we might need to get another, theres some college drunkfest called unofficial, so hotel rooms might be hard to get

charge and bring your ds, im giong to wreck some dudes in mario party

honda figure out the van yet? lemme get a model/make on it so i can actually see how many people it will fit

only1Z

Smash Champion
Yooo hell yes Z! I'll teach you doom :D

Rock assist isn't as good as missles, but still pretty legit, just depends what kind of team you're running. You gotta get rid of spidey though. That dude is asssss lol.

Jace is bad at video games.
I'll keep the rocks, old school like that. I do need a new third for point though, original plan was super skrull but I tap the buttons too much, tenderizer eeeeeverywhere. Thinking about Ammy Doom Phoenix. Team comp isn't my strong suit, just play what I want :O

D

Deleted member

spiderman can be good, but he's really hard. thats the problem with some characters right now, their potential hasnt been found yet because people are still trying to learn the basics.

dmac

Smash Champion
i wish maximum spider was as good as maximum wesker

i hit raith with 5 naked maximum weskers ... in a row (because he needs glasses, really)

other than that i got ***** for 30 minutes plus

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So you guys should go to our tourney page and confirm if you're coming or not. Or just confirm with me so I can add you to the list.

Massive

Smash Champion
So you guys should go to our tourney page and confirm if you're coming or not. Or just confirm with me so I can add you to the list.
I'm going dude. That thread was not entirely easy to find.

I highly recommend making the title EVENT 52: The Battle to End Hunger, assuming you want "brand" recognition/traffic. Since people read left to right, its easy to miss that this is, in fact, Event 52.
I'm also willing to bet doing so would increase the number of melee attendees substantially.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Who is in the "entire KC Melee Crew"? I'll just go ahead and list them lol

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^okay here goes
dmac
honda
z
phat
massive
bunnyavenger
joemotion
me
pyro
jfro
raith
rezo
jturley
strong bad

feel like I forgot someone but yeah the majority of us there will show

edit: I just realized I have no teams partner for SMYM. Anybody want to volunteer? I've been getting a lot better at resting the **** out of dudes in teams.
I'll team with ya massive

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
I'll keep the rocks, old school like that. I do need a new third for point though, original plan was super skrull but I tap the buttons too much, tenderizer eeeeeverywhere. Thinking about Ammy Doom Phoenix. Team comp isn't my strong suit, just play what I want :O
Yo that's what's up. Ammy is amazing, doom is amazing, and although I hate pheonix, she is also amazing. If you're planning on a dark pheonix battery team though, I wouldn't go ammy. She needs her meter pretty badly haha.

spiderman can be good, but he's really hard. thats the problem with some characters right now, their potential hasnt been found yet because people are still trying to learn the basics.
Truth, spiderman isn't ***, he's just way too hard to do good things with.

i wish maximum spider was as good as maximum wesker

i hit raith with 5 naked maximum weskers ... in a row (because he needs glasses, really)

other than that i got ***** for 30 minutes plus
Hahahaha that was pretty funny. Good thing the damage on that is pretty bad

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
^okay here goes
dmac
honda
z
phat
massive
bunnyavenger
joemotion
me
pyro
jfro
raith
rezo
jturley
strong bad

feel like I forgot someone but yeah the majority of us there will show

I'll team with ya massive
You forgot ARC!!!!!!

only1Z

Smash Champion
I think a team in mvc is only bad if you're not satisfied with the outcome, or aren't having a blast while playing it despite said outcome.
Another note, Sentinel may make people rage * definitely me* all day but he's so stupid easy that it makes it fun/funny when you're the one doing it. Just fishing for BnB that I couldn't finish with rocket punch was killin :(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
where the hell is DYC?
and jayray
and ally
and decoster
and those other random people who only show up when darkrain is in town
step it up people!!!!

D

Deleted member

Raith, how bad is my team in mvc (Viewtiful Joe/Ryu/Dante)?
viewtiful joe has a short hop double laser sort of game plan with his boomerang spam. i dont know how good ryu is but i've heard he's ok. dante is just godlike.

idk how good the synergy with those characters will be, so good luck with that lol.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Dante is godlike, and can synergize with almost anyone. Ryu is tricky, because he has very limited mobility, but if you can find ways to get in and have good assists to help, he does tons of damage. I don't really have anything to say about Viewtiful Joe. He just seems terrible to me. I'd trade him in with a character that has a nice long assist to help Ryu get in. Run Ryu on point, with Dante's Jam assist, and find another character with a good beam assist, and you have a legit team. Ryu can DHC into Dante's Hyper Combo if I'm correct. So you would want to order them - Ryu/Dante/???

N64

Smash Champion
If i can ever play again, i think i may do wolvy/morrigan/ryu. Morrigan assist plus decent hypers just seems too good.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
From what I played I liked Morrigan a lot, what are her strengths/weaknesses?

D

Deleted member

From what I played I liked Morrigan a lot, what are her strengths/weaknesses?
+
meter building assist
flight cancel on all her specials
quick overheads off of dashes
her hypers in this game are the best versions she's ever had
shell kick
just a little below average HP (950,000)

-
her dashes (even though these are probably the best they've ever been)
probably low dmg out put
needs meter
my guess is she gets ***** by push blocking

Top Bottom