• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kanto Tournament 2010 Video Topic (Opening Video + Nicovideo matches)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I told you to play your polygon DK, Olikus. Pikachu just isn't on the same level, tier-wise.

Oh well. Good job to Moyashi.

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
Go tsukuru!! :d

edit -

why i cant type my message with capslock? i tried 3 times and it didnt work lol

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i always knew prince was amazing at thinking up training mode combos

his real life videos were still impressive but i seem to remember a bunch of tech errors leading to near wins or losses

is that the case or am i mistaken?

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
prince tends to make risky decisions in most of the youtube matches i've seen that lead to a closer game with someone who obviously seems to be less skilled. Then again, he may be all business when it comes to tourney play

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
Prince won most matches ive seen him playing, i would say 85% or more.. and he always tried cool combos and/or edgeguards.. like he was just messing with the other player (vs GOOD players)

when he was losing he played serious and could still win most of the matches :p

in MY opinion you are very wrong cheesebal

bur its been long time since i dont see him playing, just a few matches... i dont know if he still plays

malva00

Smash Master
I updated the first post with the info from my last post.

I will edit the match names with video links once we find the matches on youtube.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Actually, I think Link ***** more in the semifinal or the quarter. I dont remember. ( hard to consentrate with screaming japanese everywere :p ) Link was two lifes down at the start. And then, I think he took 4 stocks in a row after that.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
prince tends to make risky decisions in most of the youtube matches i've seen that lead to a closer game with someone who obviously seems to be less skilled. Then again, he may be all business when it comes to tourney play
I think Prince is a combo beast but he probably lacks mindgames/spacing or this kind of pre-comboing stuff. Very important in the japanese version I'd say, because it has so few DI that a single hit can really lead to a death.

Olikus

Smash Champion
can't wait to play with you, we will see what you are made of :p
Hehe, yeah would be nice to play, but dont expect too much. Instead of alle the coocky newcomers on this board that say there are the best in the world, I am realistic. Maybe I am a master with my friends but here, comparing me to the best on these boards, Im nothing more than my posting rank, a smash cadet.

Btw Red mario looks like a japanese harry potter lol. He was so good in comentating even tough i didnt understand a single word ;p

malva00

Smash Master
Hey Olikus if you wanna say anything to all the tournament players you can post here and I'll paste it to the mixi tournament thread

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm like a heroin junkie desperately huffing paint thinner; I try to take the symptoms away with thegreginator's vids and sextc ixi's new combo vid, but GODDAMIT I NEED A FIX, MAN! If your shipment doesn't come in from Japan soon, ima have to find a new dealer. Or else start mugging elderly couples who stroll through parks near where I live.

malva00

Smash Master
I'm downloading the vids right now

but I wouldn't be uploading them until I get permission and prob after they upload it themselves onto youtube.

EDIT: download just finished going to watch the matches now

EDIT #2: just finished watching all of them. looks like 2009 vids were better, but watching Link was fun XD

malva00

Smash Master
I'm in the Japanese server and kidberu/kidbell/kiddo just told me that many Japanese players have removed their start buttons so they don't have to suicide like he had to XD

He also says he doesn't know anyone who uses the hori minipad XD

I edited my last post if you didn't see

mr yo

Smash Cadet
sory malva i didnt understand why arent you uploading the videos yet?

im very anxious to watch them

NixxxoN

Smash Master
He also says he doesn't know anyone who uses the hori minipad XD
Maybe they dont like the stick. After playing for a few months with it, I'm happy but overall slightly disappointed of it (I thought it was exactly the same as the GC... but it isnt as good.)

* Its bigger (a bit too much, not like the PS2 but close)
* The octagon is not perfect therefore its kinda imprecise in some directions... sometimes i have problems doing falcons uairs chains <.<

<<< a GC perfect octagon

on the other hand

If you look carefully you'll see that the diagonal ranges are longer than the horizontal and vertical ranges.

And being a bit different, It makes you get confused because you tend to use it like you use the GC one, and its not exactly the same... :/

Another minor flaw is the pause button, located too close from the other buttons.
But overall i'd say it's still the best 64 controller ever.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Hey malva. Dont know if you got the PM since det pc access here is so ******** right now. But if you still have the chance, you could say that it was fun to play against them, and thank Moyashi for loanind his controller to me, and I hope I can come back and play them some time in the future.

Sangoku

Smash Master
So Malva, still waiting for permission?

Lol at the pause thing, but I would have done the same XD.

Is the hori minipad good btw?

malva00

Smash Master
I asked Jousuke who's going to upload the vids and he said maybe Takuro or Moyashi >__>

I'm not going to upload them cuz they already said they would

blaze3927

Smash Ace
If you look carefully you'll see that the diagonal ranges are longer than the horizontal and vertical ranges.

And being a bit different, It makes you get confused because you tend to use it like you use the GC one, and its not exactly the same... :/

Another minor flaw is the pause button, located too close from the other buttons.
But overall i'd say it's still the best 64 controller ever.
the original plus this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFbFlmr-h2Q

blaze3927

Smash Ace
(its the same stick used in the horipad mini/xbox controller/ ps2 controller)
yes i checked the resistance

just different NUB's which are easily interchangeable

NixxxoN

Smash Master
(its the same stick used in the horipad mini/xbox controller/ ps2 controller)
yes i checked the resistance

just different NUB's which are easily interchangeable
wtf impossible, hori minipad stick is soft as hell, and ps2 one is hard

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
sup Isai, I'm the guy you talked to on aim for a while last week about translating tourney info stuff.

In the end I wasn't able to go because of work + travel to Tokyo 2 weeks in a row is way too expensive ;/ but I'm really impressed by a 92-person turnout. were players from all over Japan at this thing? do you have any knowledge of what the regional breakdown is like for SSB players in Japan?

I'm in West Japan (kinda near osaka) which is where a lot of melee is, but it'd be sick if they had ssb tournaments of this size in my area as well.

dl64 only is ghey tho lol but w.e

mr yo

Smash Cadet
so...who is going to upload the vids?...tokuro or moyashi?..when?...what are his channels on youtube?

malva00

Smash Master
Looks like Olikus left out a really important detail, unless I missed it

6 Japanese female players were at the tournament, and some (or all) made it out of pools lol

according to Tsukuru, there are a lot of female ssb players in Japan now; he's trying to use this information on MSN to convince me to come to Japan XD

VIDEO UPDATE:
Just yesterday one of the main tourney hosts finally made a long mixi entry, and he said the combo video Olikus mentioned will be uploaded to youtube as well. who knows when all this uploading will happen though >__>

moyashi said there were a lot of cameras so they might be trying to get the best quality videos. the ones that were put up for download aren't the best I guess; the top of the players' heads kind of get in the way but not really

but like I said 2009 vids are better

Olikus

Smash Champion
Yeah, forgot to say that. The japanese girls were all keen to know if I knew you personal, so you might have some femalefans over there :p I have seen the 2009 videos now, and I allso think that they are better. But that link. Omg........ He was worth the entrance money alone.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Yeah, forgot to say that. The japanese girls were all keen to know if I knew you personal, so you might have some femalefans over there :p I have seen the 2009 videos now, and I allso think that they are better. But that link. Omg........ He was worth the entrance money alone.
Lol, Olikus puts links over wimmenz.

Top Bottom