• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kapus' Kanvas

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Hi I'm Kapus and I draw and doodle a lot. If the things I draw aren't my own original weird things, I'm probably going to be drawing something video game related. I figured sharing my art here would help me to stick around this community more.

I do all my art digitally, either with gimp or mspaint. The majority of my doodly doodles are in mspaint..as will probably be evident. Sometimes I do spriting as well, which will also be in mspaint, of course.

so..uhh, yeah! Here's some silly art,

=============
This is a drawing I did for Mega Man's 28th anniversary last year. I like Roll a lot so instead of drawing any Mega Man I doodled 28 Rolls. =v=

===========
A colorful piece I did once while experimenting with colors and more chibi like styles. The character drawn is just an OC of mine that I use as a persona.

==========
Kirby's Dreamland 3 is a favorite game of mine, so I drew a picture based on one of the game's (stunning) backgrounds along with my favorite enemy, Keke.

==============
A practice for speed drawing. I tried to use a limited palette of colors with this drawing.

========
Dopey doodle of Princess Peach.

===============
More Princess Peach (she's my smash main!). This is an mspaint doodle of all her air attacks in SSB4. I got carried away with them and ended up coloring it based on her palette swaps.

That's about all I have to show for now! Thank you for taking a moment to peek.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I haven't had a lot of time to art recently, sadly, but I still wanna keep my self sharp. I'm trying to make myself do some art, even if just little mspaint doodles, every couple of days or so. Today I once again used Princess Peach as my subject. She's fun to draw!

Experimented with the palette in the ones on the left, trying out color/outline blending.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
2OFUbA1.gif
Keep going girl, you got potential !
If you want to test out other drawing apps that aren't Mspaint or Gimp, try Paint Tool Sai. It's pretty easy to use, and the tools given are pretty sweet. Just a little suggestion that's all.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I have paint tool sai and I try it out for lineart on occasion, but I do not own a tablet (all of my art is done with a mouse), so I haven't been able to utilize it to its fullest potential. So far I haven't felt any advantage using it over gimp for that reason.

Thank you though! <3

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I have paint tool sai and I try it out for lineart on occasion, but I do not own a tablet (all of my art is done with a mouse), so I haven't been able to utilize it to its fullest potential. So far I haven't felt any advantage using it over gimp for that reason.

Thank you though! <3
1459904054322.png
Wait, you don't have a tablet ?!
That's even more surprising. You should buy one, it would definitely help you progress. I recommend tablets made by Wacom. They got pretty cheap ones with great quality, perfect to start with. You should check that out.

Also, think about drawing traditionally, you know, on paper. It's useful.
But yeah, keep going with those drawings. <3

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Wait, you don't have a tablet ?!
That's even more surprising. You should buy one, it would definitely help you progress. I recommend tablets made by Wacom. They got pretty cheap ones with great quality, perfect to start with. You should check that out.

Also, think about drawing traditionally, you know, on paper. It's useful.
But yeah, keep going with those drawings. <3
Ahaha, everyone is always surprised when I tell them I draw with a mouse. I dunno what to say--that's just how I learned. All of my art started from me drawing in mspant with a mouse. I plan to get a wacom someday after I have enough extra money saved up, though.

I've used wacom tablets before while at college, and honestly, I'm pretty bad with them. I'm a complete and utter klutz trying to do my usual drawing routines with one of those things, but I'm willing to learn. I know it'll only help me in the end.

I have done pencil and paper art before; some of my favorite pieces are on paper from one of my art classes, though sadly they are too large for the scanner I own. I'm not that good with a pencil though, at least in comparison to my digital art. That's probably why I'm so awkward with a tablet.

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I can't stop doodling peach!!!

I miss Peach being able to dig up beamswords out of the ground. It was super fun.
Her pose with the bob-omb was inspired by Super Mario RPG.

I doodled her in a suit because my sister told me to. =v=

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
These are really good! Keep up the great work!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Thank you!

I drew something in gimp again. It's the first full colored gimp drawing I've done in about 4 months, actually. I need to draw more.

I love the villagers in SSB4 and I wanna draw them more <3

Top Bottom