• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

keel da pikmanz

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Well, I've read all (Maybe I missed a few, whatever) the match-up threads and discussions on Olimar vs. Yoshi. I know it may be useless, and may not be worth an entire new thead,, but I'm doing my best and trying to show off here.

Here's the lay-down. Yoshi > Pikmin. Hardcore. This is really easy, and I found it out while playing a friend of mine.. (May already be known.) An Egg Lay followed by a Down Smash will kill the Pikmin. It depends on the angle, if Olimar DI's his egg downwards away from your back, you'll probably kill all the Pikmin, if Olimar DI's upwards away from your back, you probably won't kill the Purple'min, and maybe leave 1-2 Pikmin alive, but the majority WILL die. If Olimar DI's towards you, he'll lose 3-4 Pikmin, and will be punishable right after. I have no video, or even a screenshot to prove it with, because...well. How hard is it to Egg Lay > DSmash? Anyways, I'm not sure if I should post this in the Olimar section too, should I? I think they have the right to know that Yoshi can be (more) annoying to them then that it (I'm not sure about Yoshi's gender.) already is. Of course, if you Egg Lay Olimar off the stage, kill his Pikmin, [Attack of choice], and edgehog. He's screwed.

Discuss.

(This is my first thread, so. Go easy on the Purple. <3)

Scala

Smash Ace
hahaha I didn't think that all of his pikmin would become vulnerable once he's in the egg. Hahah that's too ****

yoshihybrid

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say that, if they do head into the air, than an upsmash could take a few out still.

Still, I've learned to not underestiate Olimar, especially when he has a good number of reds. They can **** yoshi's airgame something fierce. Still, yoshi has the advantage, as the eggroll outprioratizes everything but the roll.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
We've acknowledged that Yoshi>Olimar. We have many a thread about it.

bigman40

Smash Master
Egg roll sucks. It's only useful for surprise moments. If you space a Bair right, it'll ping the pikmin out (I did it alot of times recently).

D

Deleted member

Actually, when olimar is in the air, egg roll is amazing, it beats all of his air options.

Sharky

Smash Master
Egg roll can be good, but it's still situational against him. The egglay to down smash is also pretty nice, but you have to think of how hard it is to pull off an egg lay on the ground against olimar. That takes either nice mindgames or lack of pikmin to outrange you, which sort of defeats the purpose. =P

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, i love playing Olimar mains. Last time I played one he was like, wow I've never heard my pikmin die so quickly. Of course that made me chuckle, but yeah oli is still uber annoying with his hard to punish and extreme range grabs "/

Usually whenever I try and kill pikmin after an egg lay olimar's so far up after being encased that i can only nail like 2 or 3 (sometimes 4) pikmin, I don't know how many he can have at once (olimar just isn't my style) but seems like alot more than that

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Egg roll can be good, but it's still situational against him. The egglay to down smash is also pretty nice, but you have to think of how hard it is to pull off an egg lay on the ground against olimar. That takes either nice mindgames or lack of pikmin to outrange you, which sort of defeats the purpose. =P
If you get close, they USUALLY either DSmash/FSmash/Grab. So time a spotdodge, and Egg Lay.

And because someone asked, and I can't be arsed to quote him/her too. No. After Olimar gets Egg Lay'd, the Pikmin won't follow him for about a (half) second, enough time to pop in a DSmash. I tried USmashing the Pikmin who survive, and run to daddy, but it barely works. D:

Top Bottom