• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kefit Match Videos - Watch and rate us etcetc

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
A bit of background info:

Jel, Brax, and I have been playing SSB64 since it came out. Nine years later it's still our favorite multiplayer game of choice. I even got the chance to play Isai a few years ago, and some of you may have seen those match videos floating around. If not, then don't bother looking for them. They suck and I was really terrible back then.

We've wanted to record videos of our play for a while, and finally Jel went out and bought a capture card.

Jel mains DK, and has gotten pretty good with him recently. He also uses Kirby, Pikachu, and and a bit of Samus and Mario on the side.

Brax mains Pikachu, and practically reads my mind when we play. He also likes to use Linkquite a bit.

I main Pikachu, and I've gotten pretty into comboing lately. I also enjoy using Jiggles, Falcon, and Fox from time to time.

So without further ado, the match videos!

Kefit vs Brax
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Hyrule (watch this one)
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Kongo Jungle
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Dreamland
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Saffron
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Dreamland 2
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Hyrule 2
Kefit (Falcon) vs Brax (black Falcon) at Dreamland

Kefit vs Jel
Jel (DK) vs Kefit (Pikachu) at Dreamland

Jel vs Brax
Jel (DK) vs Brax (blue DK) at Dreamland
Jel (DK) vs Brax (blue DK) at Kongo

Free For Alls
Jel (red Link) vs Kefit (green link) vs Brax (blue Link) at Hyrule (my favorite FFA recording)
Jel (Mario) vs Kefit (Jiggles) vs Brax (Falcon) at Kongo Jungle
Jel (DK) vs Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Hyrule
Jel (DK) vs Kefit (Jiggles) vs Brax (Link) at Hyrule
Jel (Kirby) vs Kefit (Falcon) vs Brax (Fox) at Dreamland

More videos are coming in the future. If anyone has any match requests of any kind, lemme know, and I can record the request in the future.

Also let me know what you think of our play :E

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Pika dittos seemed like standard Pika stuff...Brax needs to learn how to backthrow :lick:
Not bad against the DK...though he really needs to learn how to DI out of multihit Fairs.

B Link

Smash Lord
watch ur teching dont just press Z all the time when getting up
also approach with sh-uair as well not just fair all the time, since against pros who know how to DI properly fair is not very useful

otherwise nice vids, you're alot better than the other vids against isai thats for sure :p

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
I think you'd kick my ***. Solid l-canceling except for the folly here and there, and awesome combos.

One thing I'd recommend is to try mixing up your approaches a bit. You tend to approach in predictable ways (maybe because you know how to do combos those ways or something) but a lot of players will read that and shut you down. Don't think you need to combo every time you get a hit. What you do at around 2:20 vs. DK is really nice, w/ the fast falling back airs.

Jel needs to perfect those L-cancels so there isn't that shield delay after them, and stop using weird moves (like forward smash / up smash) at awkward times that leave him vulnerable. Pretty solid though.

Oh, and you should teach Brax about the back throw, bc I think it would help him a lot. (haha..)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think you'd kick my ***. Solid l-canceling except for the folly here and there, and awesome combos.

One thing I'd recommend is to try mixing up your approaches a bit. You tend to approach in predictable ways (maybe because you know how to do combos those ways or something) but a lot of players will read that and shut you down. Don't think you need to combo every time you get a hit. What you do at around 2:20 vs. DK is really nice, w/ the fast falling back airs.

Jel needs to perfect those L-cancels so there isn't that shield delay after them, and stop using weird moves (like forward smash / up smash) at awkward times that leave him vulnerable. Pretty solid though.

Oh, and you should teach Brax about the back throw, bc I think it would help him a lot. (haha..)
Upsmash is a standard Pika combo starter, and Fsmash has a rigged hitbox. They're generally fine as long as you spam them smartly.

_kSo_

Smash Master
since against pros who know how to DI properly fair is not very useful

fair = more range than uair therefore better for spacing

plus even if they DI you can zc into grab

otherwise nice vids, you're alot better than the other vids against isai thats for sure :p
yeah you know kuz uh everyone is ranked in skill level by how many stocks they can take off isai

"oh look at this video, you get 4 stocked by isai"

"and look at this one where I only get 3 stocked"

"lolz me >>> you"

no directly aiming this statement at you, just in general, people say dum **** too much

B Link

Smash Lord
first of all, i said mix them up, I didn't say uair > fair all the time u just have to kno wen to use it but u can't use sh fair all the time it just wont work against pros

secondly I already said against someone who knows how to DI against fair fair is useless u can't always just z cancel and then grab like they do in these matches, bc they r di'ing wrongly u dont di -away- from fair -_-,

thirdly, i didnt say anything about stocks wtf r u smokin dude i meant taht he got better in terms of how he plays not by comparing him to isai...wtf r u talkin about honestly u just made urself look dumb

people say dum **** too much
r u referring to urself?

_kSo_

Smash Master
first of all, i said mix them up, I didn't say uair > fair all the time u just have to kno wen to use it but u can't use sh fair all the time it just wont work against pros

secondly I already said against someone who knows how to DI against fair fair is useless u can't always just z cancel and then grab like they do in these matches, bc they r di'ing wrongly u dont di -away- from fair -_-,

thirdly, i didnt say anything about stocks wtf r u smokin dude i meant taht he got better in terms of how he plays not by comparing him to isai...wtf r u talkin about honestly u just made urself look dumb

r u referring to urself?
I wasn't directing any of those statements towards you, I said that. Obviously you failed to read it. I honestly don't know why you thought that I would be directing that statement at you considering your right, you said nothing about that. My response was just a general remark.

And no, I didn't make myself look dumb. I was just pointing out a few things that you said that aren't completely true. I didn't say "B-link, your dumb. What you said was wrong its supposed to be this way, blah blah blah"

I would never say anything like that. I make suggestions. we are all here to help people improve their game, and if i came off wrong in my post, I apologize. I don't want to start an argument. Like I said, I was simply making a statement.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Ya, Jel probably up smashes with DK a bit too much, but he is becoming really good at reading me and nailing me with it. I'll have to get some more matches with him recorded and uploaded at some point.

Speaking of more matches, here are a bunch:

Kefit v Brax
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Saffron
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Dreamland 2
Kefit (Pikachu) vs Brax (green hat Pikachu) at Hyrule 2
Kefit (Falcon) vs Brax (black Falcon) at Dreamland

Jel vs Brax
Jel (DK) vs Brax (blue DK) at Kongo

Free For Alls
Jel (DK) vs Kefit (Jiggles) vs Brax (Link) at Hyrule
Jel (Kirby) vs Kefit (Falcon) vs Brax (Fox) at Dreamland

Top Bottom