• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ken combo recovery

hilaxial

Smash Cadet
watch this video at 1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIdCMgJeYM

walk (sheik) recovers from a ken combo by aisengobay (marth)
I heard that in the PAL version marth's dair is a meteor smash and can be meteor cancelled, but i don't know if these guys are playing on NTSC or PAL (I'd always assumed NTSC, since its brazil)

How likely is it for someone to recover from the dair spike on NTSC? I'm just curious about this, dunno anybody that did it to me yet.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
The sheik player was at far to low damage, so he could recover from the spike quicker. The lower the damage the quicker you recover from spikes! Btw this was not the PAL version(99%) sure! Hope i helped!

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, with a spike, the character getting spiked can recover after a certain amount of time. If the spike didn't send them down far enough in the time that they can't recover, then they can still make it back up. Not to mention that Sheik has a fairly nice recovery.

That was a beautiful Ken combo though <_<

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
a doc friend of mine survived a ken combo i did on him very far form the stage...

another samus player i battled srvied the ken combo too... both were at considerably low %...

heck i somtimes survie the odly falco spike at very low % :p

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
During a knockback animation, the character will fly backwards for a ways and then start spiraling downward. I think that once the spiraling animation starts, then you can recover. On lower damage, the spiral animation starts earlier, no matter what direction your hit. Thats probably the best explanation I can offer.

Top Bottom