• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ken is obv the best player ever to play the game of super smash brothers melee,OBV

Status
Not open for further replies.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hoang

Oh btw forgot to mention something to all you guys who were talking **** regarding Ammonia.

Did any of you actually take the time to sit down with him and get to know him a little bit?

Well I did. I have to say that it was a very rewarding experience. You'll never truly get to know great people if you don't take the time to converse with them and exchange words and ideas.

I saw Ammonia chillin' by his lonesome in the corner and whatnot, so I strolled on over and took a seat near him.

"What's up?"

Ammonia: "Not all that much. How about yourself?"

"Same, really; not too much.Just enjoying the tourney. It's been a lot of fun but it's kind of hot in here *light-hearted laughter*"

Ammonia: "Hahah, yeah, I know what you mean. I'm sweating a good deal myself. Care for some of my raisins?"

"I'd love some raisins."

The rest is history.

We chatted frequently throughout the remainder of the tourney, and by the end of it all, we had exchanged AIM sn's and all that great stuff. We've been talking quite a bit ever since, and it hasn't even been a week since OC3.

I just wish more people would've given him a chance.

Anyway, if anyone feels like apologizing, I'd be more than happy to relay the message.
Yo Omar, do you have Ammonia's phone number? I lost it man, thanks in advance.
[/quote]
does anyone have ammonia's phone number?
Sizzle said:
Just had to point out the fact that there was a sign about Ammonia.
being a laundering shady best melee player of all time is cool

KEN IS THE GREATEST!!!!!

Leech

Smash Journeyman
He is the reason to watch Bring you own controller videos on youtube.. he is amazing player.. i hope i can be that good some day.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Could a mod please check the IP of this idiot? I'll bet it's some anti-ken dork who made an alt account to make ken fanboys look stupid.
I mean look at the grammar, spelling and caps lock. It's pretty obvious this guy is trying to look stupid.
It's even more lol if it isn't an alt though, haha

pockyD

Smash Legend
you autolose for quoting yourself for "humor"

i think those results you quoted are actually a strong argument for 'best ever'

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I can't tell if this is supposed to be funny-satirical or an actual argument.

Either way it fails. The entire "humor" aspect of it seems to use sarcasm in a horridly blatant and over-the-top manner as the only comedic device, and whatever actual "argument" exists is pure petty insinuation.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
no actually I've been looking for ammonia's phone number, do you have it? Omar never goes on anymore

shogun

Smash Journeyman
you autolose for quoting yourself for "humor"

i think those results you quoted are actually a strong argument for 'best ever'
You auto lose for posting 20 times a day(hyperbole), also by trying to act cool by commenting on practically everything, and generally it's a negative/neutral comment, and also I obviously quoted it because of omar's amazing post

quit trying to be the smashboards police homo, that's the moderator's duty, you can be cool but you don't show it a lot of the time

[cue for hyuga and pocky to DT me 6-10+ hours later]

edit:

and best ever ≠ most profit, by that logic two rich people could have a $100,000 money match right now, and whoever won technically got the most profit out of anyone, the best ever at melee is obviously mew2king if you knew anything, ken was the best 06 and pre 06, but after all the old old school people

verdict is that m2k is the best at melee, ken was the best player, and manacloud was(still is) the best scammer

btw manacloud if you're reading this, I hope I get to play you in tennis someday since I play a lot, someone told me how you get made fun of how bad you are, yet you were bragging to me about your 'sick' serve

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
Ken is absolutely NOT the best player to have ever played smash. There are many players that have beaten him as well. PC Chris took MLG NY in the finals by beating ken (Set was 4-3, but bleh)

Ken quit in '06, and since then he's stayed at the same competitivenes or gotten worse while fresh professionals keep on improving the faults of their gameplay.

The last big smash tournament, pound 3, was won by mango, and he defeated m2k, azen, PC Chris, etc.

That defines him as the best player ever in smash bros. Even though ken was probably the best when he quit, he wasn't in 2007 and 08, and therefore, he is not the best to ever play.

If this was a joke topic, I will cry.

pockyD

Smash Legend
and best ever ≠ most profit, by that logic two rich people could have a $100,000 money match right now, and whoever won technically got the most profit out of anyone, the best ever at melee is obviously mew2king if you knew anything, ken was the best 06 and pre 06, but after all the old old school people

verdict is that m2k is the best at melee, ken was the best player, and manacloud was(still is) the best scammer
Was Michael Jordan the best ever at basketball? Is he now?

I'm not necessarily saying Ken WAS the best ever, but with those results (that you brought up), he has a strong case

shogun

Smash Journeyman
If this was a joke topic, I will cry.
I suggest to start crying now, you don't want your mom or girlfriend to see yourself in a weary state

Was Michael Jordan the best ever at basketball? Is he now?

I'm not necessarily saying Ken WAS the best ever, but with those results (that you brought up), he has a strong case
lol at anyone taking this thread seriously, the only stuff that isn't a joke is the actual factual information that is rather funny, such as ammonium hydroxide being everywhere in containers around the venue.

the only case ken has is the profit, which I don't think means much, he was formerly the best player, you can't even say no one was ever as good as him like you can with MJ, since M2K far exceeded such

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Ammonium hydroxide containers were not "everywhere around the venue." You're either baselessly and dishonestly exaggerating, or you're a gullible sucker for anyone who says something bad about ken/mana (not that I'm a fan of mana).

Ken lost to PC at MLG NY, so what? Guess what happened when they played at MLG Dallas? And Anaheim? Beating "the best" once does not automatically make you the best. There is no reason to believe that Mango is better than M2K. Ken is #1 ever. #2 is probably M2K, but a case can be made for PC, Azen, Isai, Chu and KDJ.

Anyway, I don't care as much about that as I do about shogun failing in humor and argument.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Calm down guys. Over the years, my forum lurking experience has taught me exactly how to respond to critical situations like this. No need to thank me.

1/10

/thread

pockyD

Smash Legend
i just like arguing with shogun because he gets all touchy and starts backpedaling once he starts getting called out and it's funny

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Ammonium hydroxide containers were not "everywhere around the venue." You're either baselessly and dishonestly exaggerating, or you're a gullible sucker for anyone who says something bad about ken/mana (not that I'm a fan of mana).

Ken lost to PC at MLG NY, so what? Guess what happened when they played at MLG Dallas? And Anaheim? Beating "the best" once does not automatically make you the best. There is no reason to believe that Mango is better than M2K. Ken is #1 ever. #2 is probably M2K, but a case can be made for PC, Azen, Isai, Chu and KDJ.

Anyway, I don't care as much about that as I do about shogun failing in humor and argument.
No, I've just seen multiple pictures and go by from what people tell me, who cares if it wasn't actually "everywhere" the fact that there was a lot of it there and claims of the venue costing $6,000 to rent is ridiculous, people asked manacloud for a phone number of the owner so that they could prove he's actually telling the truth, he didn't give it

? I didn't ever use that logic so if you can point to where I said it as jokingly go ahead, stop taking the first post seriously, my belief which could be disputed is that M2K has the most skill out of anyone ever, more than anyone ever had, do you think I actually care who is the best in a game I don't even play?

i just like arguing with shogun because he gets all touchy and starts backpedaling once he starts getting called out and it's funny
no, you like arguing because you're a bored f*** and you find it fun, why don't you get a girlfriend or something? it'd probably make everything more enjoyable for you

show me where I am back pedaling you gallack a** lookin' a** multiposting motherf***

PS you guys are so predictable:
shogunearlierinthread said:
[cue for hyuga and pocky to DT me 6-10+ hours later]

samdaballer

Smash Ace
even though i agree with the venue problems (ahem ammonia) in my opinion, ken was the best melee player ever "overall", and shogun, next time, use laundering in the right context, what manacloud allegedly did was scam

Jun.

Smash Lord
this thread.....

is gonna become another "best marth" thread

i feel a storm brewing...

shogun

Smash Journeyman
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
first post?
mb?
you're an idiot, it obviously means I quit, do you see my join date? I've become inactive in the community ever since brawl came out

Trolls suck.
not a troll, just a joke post, apparently no one got the obscure jokes in the first post, probably cause everyone here is so new, besides pocky and hyuga who normally love attacking me

no one can defeat the duper

pockyD

Smash Legend
Anyone can post something stupid, then "predict" that they'll be called out for posting something stupid

anyway, knowing you, soon the topic will be "everyone reply here if ur gay"

Leech

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone can be the best at something.. but ken is one hell of a player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom