• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken vs PC Chris at Apex 2015 Salty Suite

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

A Super Smash Bros Melee rivalry lasting almost 10 years will be rekindled at this year's Apex Salty Suite, presented by VGBootCamp.

Ken "LiquidKen" Hoang, also known as the "King of Smash" will face off against Christopher "PC Chris" Szygiel. Their rivalry was chronicled in the Smash Brothers documentary. Between 2004-2006, Ken was the undisputed King of Smash and dominated national tournament after national tournament. However, at the 2006 MLG opener in the Meadowlands, New Jersey, Ken was bested by the emerging PC Chris, settling up a rivalry that would span the rest of the MLG season.

This match at the Salty Suite was all set up and put together by professional Smash player and member of Team Liquid, Chillin. Major props to him.

Relive the hype by watching their final battle at MLG 2006 right here.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and can't wait to watch this fight. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Can't wait to see how the two play now a days, man melee seems different than it was back then.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was at MLG Anaheim (2006) when Ken and PC Chris faced-off against each other in Grand Finals. There was a big East Coast vs. West Coast rivalry going on at the time, which made the match even more hyped.

Golden Age Melee <3

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Wait, since when did he make a return?
Ken started playing again in 2012. Picked up Sm4sh last year, too. He streams it pretty often too, either training or trolling people who think they are going to get a super-intense match on FG. He got picked up by Liquid in March.
Chris came back in 2014. Placed at Justice 3 I think? Can't think of anything else he's done since tbh. Don't think he plays Sm4sh, don't know what level he's at as of now, but I'd imagine he's pretty incredible. He wrote the textbook Falco.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
YEAH PC CHRIS!

Hoping PC will win, but either way it will definitely be worth watching.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm hoping PC Chris surprises me, because right now I can't help but think Ken's got this easy. Ken plays regularly in the best region in the world, and he's pulled off a lot of upsets, Westballz being the most notable.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
oh crap. This is going to be tense. : o

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
Has PC Chris been active recently? Ken has been playing quite a lot since he came back from his retirement, and I have a feeling that this might turn out really bad for PC just like how M2K vs Ken was when he just came back.

Humano

Smash Rookie
NNID
Humano420
3DS FC
4382-2084-4394
ARE WE EVER GETTING THAT PEACH SALTY SUITE SHIRT THO?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
$h!#. JUST. GOT. REAL.

This happens in Street fighter 3, After ten year of that battle then dke it ot again is one HYPE battle just like in the Past. So better watch EPIC Rival fight to the TOP!

Top Bottom