• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
As good as In-N-Out is I still wish they had a bacon Double Double. They can put it in the secret menu to replace the recently pulled Double Duck.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Quite a bit of people don't know there is a "3 by 3" and "4 by 4" burger. They even come as a combo. Though I agree I wish they had Bacon to add because I'd be doing it all the time if they could.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Guys in at hobo and about to do mid tier doubles but don't play a mid tier so i decided on Kirby

Can y'all give me like the 5-10 most important things to know about playing Kirby LOL

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Bair is your friend. Gonzo combo is also your best friend, as well as making combo strings.
Read people into swallowing them, as well as ground pounding.

Watch some videos.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Gonzo (Grab > fthrow > uair), and then other moves that may help out, like this:
Gonzo > uptilt > bair > possible bair > other.

Kirby is pretty different compared to others because he doesn't do chain grabs. You're gonna have to find a way on how to keep on hitting the opponent.

hyoipear

Smash Cadet
Kirby's shieldgrab is amazing, use it. Kirby's spacing is focused mostly on bairs and diving in and out of your foe's zone with shieldgrabs and other stuff

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Can y'all give me like the 5-10 most important things to know about playing Kirby LOL
If only Kirby had 5-10 important things. XD
Quick and basic instructions on how to use Kirby:
1. B-air
2. Grab
3. Don't use Special Attacks (with the possible exception for recovering to the ledge).

Gonzo (Grab > fthrow > uair), and then other moves that may help out, like this:
Gonzo > uptilt > bair > possible bair > other.
The "Gonzo Combo" was the whole, long string of attacks (I think it was F-throw, U-air, U-tilt, B-air, B-air, F-smash).

What you have up there is Grab > F-throw > U-air, which is the "Basic Kirby Combo". Don't get those confused. ;)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Everytime I get a solid read with a Hammer, they never die. :(

JUST ONCE I'D LIKE A READ THAT'S OVER 120%!!!!!!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I would really like to read people's rolls and sides more often. It would sincerely give me an easier time beating players.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Ugh, I'm disappointed. So this Summer my grandma is coming over from Oregon and she wants to go to Florida. I think this would be a great opportunity to go to an FL local (I've only been to MD/VA and a few PA locals), but apparently all I'll be doing is spending time with her and going to places like Disneyland or something. Not that it's not fun, but I'm gonna be disappointed if I go OoS and it isn't for Smash. =/

Labernash

Smash Lord
I'm good at reading rolls, but only with Luigi! Upb's all day

PLIIING!!!!

Poyo you should come to Texas in May. Tyler. Or Dallas next month.

Same to Mike and Falln, bring your red shoes to me. Also Vinyl, cause you too cool

Edit: I'm in love with Disney but have never been to Disney World. :(

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
the tragedy of poyo

chapter 1: free trips to disneyland
I'm not upset at that, but my dad wants me to spend time with my grandma, I don't think I'm gonna be able to go to an FL tourneys, even though I'm going to FL. Like I said, I don't like going OoS and it having nothing to do with Smash. Good news is that this is in July, so I can still go to SKTAR 2 in August. :D

I don't think I'm gonna be able to go to Texas btw Labernash. I'm only going to FL cause it's a family trip, I can't afford travelling on my own (any money I make I'm saving for SKTAR 2), I just wish I could take advantage of the FL trip to go to an FL tourney, but I don't think it's gonna happen. ;_;

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
...my dad wants me to spend time with my grandma, I don't think I'm gonna be able to go to an FL tourneys, even though I'm going to FL.
When you get to FL buy a black leather jacket, put on some sunglasses, and ditch your family. When they ask where you're going just say "I'm going out" with as much sardonic inflection in your speech that you can muster. If they try to give you grief employ the mannerisms of disinterest. When they send you to a psychologist out of desperation and heartache be sure to flip the shrink the bird when he directs his first question at you.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Poyo, I gotchaaaa that makes sense

But Falln LSC 2 championships will have more attendance then SKTAR :(

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
When you get to FL buy a black leather jacket, put on some sunglasses, and ditch your family. When they ask where you're going just say "I'm going out" with as much sardonic inflection in your speech that you can muster. If they try to give you grief employ the mannerisms of disinterest. When they send you to a psychologist out of desperation and heartache be sure to flip the shrink the bird when he directs his first question at you.
...YOU'RE A GENIUS! :D

Also really? Labernash? O.o

According to Keitaro, SLS and Masha have expressed interested in SKTAR 2. SKTAR had Europe last year, ZeRo's coming back to America for SKTAR 2, maybe Europe will be there again? I think with Genesis 3 cancelled, SKTAR 2 is gonna be the biggest Brawl tourney this year (except Apex of course).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'd like to say I can go, but I dunno if I'll have to work during the tourney. Chances are I can't, but here's crossing fingers. I want to hang out! :(

Top Bottom