• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Suspect

Smash Hero
7>tactics(psp or ps1 version)>10>9>1-6>tactics advance>one i have not played>8

i know some rpgs that are better than final fantasy (not 7, some close tho) imo

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
So Kirby can say like, "poyo", "hi" and stuff like that.
Is there a Kirby dictionary that lists everything he can say?

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
FF discussions are fun :).

Anywho, my thoughts are 6>Tactics>4>7>5>1>9>3>10>12>Tactics-spinoffs, CC, etc.>11 'cause I've never played it>8>2. I value gameplay mostly, though a good story can really make up for gameplay shortcomings. Poor 2. It was important to the series, but so unloved. 1, 4, 6 and 7 are all must plays though, regardless of my listing.

Sieken Densetsu series is win, especially 3.

Lufia series was pretty good too.

Edit: "Doh!" at conversation moving on without me. :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
I forgot about CC. It was cool, mighty over rated but i still played through and beat it and enjoyed the story. While i like final fantasy games....Shin megami tensei games are better, especially Nocturne and Persona 3 and 4

Shadow hearts is my favorite rpg series ever

FF7 is still my fave game ever

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I watched the anime.
I don't see what that has to do with my post though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't know if this'll matter to anyone, but I've decided to pick up Kirby as an alternate to Wario. They have fairly similar playstyles, and Kirby will give me a fun way to deal with two of the more annoying matchups Wario has (Falco and D3).

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I don't know if this'll matter to anyone, but I've decided to pick up Kirby as an alternate to Wario. They have fairly similar playstyles, and Kirby will give me a fun way to deal with two of the more annoying matchups Wario has (Falco and D3).
Welcome to the community. <(^.^)>

T-nuts

Smash Ace
FF discussions are fun :).

Poor 2. It was important to the series, but so unloved. 1, 4, 6 and 7 are all must plays though, regardless of my listing.

Lufia series was pretty good too.
i would feel bad for 2 if it wasnt the worst game i have ever played.

4 had great gameplay and a great story...editing my listing i would put it third on my list. some parts of the story didnt really make sense (most of the sacrifices by your teammates)...but some parts were so awesome (rydia saving you when you fight golbez). also, the "spoony bard" line is just a classic, and kain is such a well developed character.

i feel like lufia 2 didnt get the respect it deserves just because a ton of people have never heard of it. but it has the best story AND best music of any game i have ever played.

EDIT: welcome, phantomx :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
we dont like to..."space" tho. doesnt work with us.

i do airdodge alot with kirby tho, same thing i do with luigi.

gonna keep my kirby unique

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I like gimping though, so this should be fun.
This is a true statement. :p

I'll take care of you PX. And take your PX status off Kirby. Haha. I've got some of the matchup's down, but not when it comes to the Dallas crew. They are still slightly too good for me, but at least I don't get three stocked anymore like the first time I played. :) We'll get good together.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
Take good care of me, haha.
gtfo~! =D

<3 PX

anyways, I've been hitting the slumps lately with my kirby. I wanna try to get active in the kirby boards. I have quite a few interesting play style with kirby that i have kinda kept to myself, for that I'm sry. hopefully I'll get some vids of myself by the end of the week. My goal now is help kirbys get higher placings. so get use to seeing me around =D.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
OMG finally! Now you'll stop being mad at me for posting about you and Zac. :p

Thank you Shuz. You're kirby is one of the best I've seen (better than Infi but don't tell him :X). So thank you for trying to help the rest of us.

<3 Infi.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dallas ain't got nothing on Detroit when it come's to Kirby. The best Kirby is in MI which is obviously me. =P

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
PX is actually DMG is disguise, right?

Anyway, serious question:
I paly this Kirby once in friendlies.
He basically ran away and started jumping in between every hit I got on him.

And since TL's projectiles cover a low area, it was really annoying trying to hit him and stuff.
So I was put in a pretty bad position and it made approaching easy for him.

Adviceeee?
I already know I need to be more patient.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
What can I do against an air-campy Kirby

basically

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
I'll look into it sometime, maybeh. XD

So people I was wondering. I've been wanting to make a combo video (I would probably call it "action video" since this is Brawl after all) for a while.

But I don't particularly have enough clips for a decent one.

And then I realized.

I should ask you guys for clips. What do you think? One of those collaborative combo video things. I just got real inspiration to do it, and I have a brilliant idea (which I'm not going to share just yet :p) for the intro and stuff.

I don't want to get into arguments about who should be in videos, I'm looking more for epic/smart moments within matches. Preferably offline matches, but if it's smart/epic enough on wifi that's fine.

So here's what I need to know.

1. Is this a good idea?
2. Anyone here have Dazzle or something so they can record a couple things and send it to me via email? Or do you know anyone who does?
3. If you like it, start posting here/sending me messages with matches or clips that you think should be in. I'm estimating the video will be like 8 minutes long, if I can find enough stuff.

As for the music that will be in it, I already have the two songs in mind. I think you'll like them. They're not Kirby related, but...who cares?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cFAdAp010&fmt=18 is one. I haven't played the game, but the song is sex, and that's all that matters.

The other is the song that inspired me to make an epic intro/collaborative effort. I won't give away the song until the video is out (if we make it), but here's a hint: OCremix.

Sorry, I'm excited @_@ and tired and writing essays for school lolol

edit: to get a general feel for what the intro would be like, start at 2:45 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCIyJU8MwgQ

how the song changes and it's all dramatic at the beginning and stuff.

It would be something like that, but preferably, more epic.
I'll provide.
Just look threw my youtube vids.
Link and C.fAlcon matches are funny.

I have a easy cap.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
and Kirby will give me a fun way to deal with two of the more annoying matchups Wario has (Falco and D3).
Good plan.

I like how we started discussing Final Fantasy instead of the video I mentioned. Anyone else have opinions on it?

I'll look into it jc

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Welcome PX. Forget what that one guy said about spacing: good spacing is important for every character.

SasukeBowser: I find playing air-campy very effective in some matchups, but the hell do you do it against TL? TL has angleable projectiles, a faster airspeed, and more disjoincted hitboxes. Catching Kirby really shouldn't be an issue...

Asdioh, you should use the video of 64 Kirby with Falcon power doing the kirby theme song. Also, sadly, most of my more epic kills (hammer stagespike!) were in matches too long to record, but I'll see what I have.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710

The colors are the projectile ranges.
The initials are the characters placement.
The black line is the stage (which doesn't matter, really).

So it basically goes like that.
If I throw a bomb up, he retreats and then jumps back up after the bomb starts falling.
If I throw a boomerang, he just jumps over it or something.
Arrows are completely avoidable.

So I basically have to wait until he lands or approaches. And its annoying as hell to deal with that.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

The colors are the projectile ranges.
The initials are the characters placement.
The black line is the stage (which doesn't matter, really).

So it basically goes like that.
If I throw a bomb up, he retreats and then jumps back up after the bomb starts falling.
If I throw a boomerang, he just jumps over it or something.
Arrows are completely avoidable.

So I basically have to wait until he lands or approaches. And its annoying as hell to deal with that.
Are you just sitting there waiting and throwing projectiles?
You are faster, you should be able to catch him without projectiles, so if you approach with projectiles (bombs and boomerang mostly, since staying mobile is harder with arrows), you should be able to get him by limiting his options (for example, if he jumps boomerangs, jump then throw it at him si that you can hit him with an aerial as he jumps.).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
TL shouldn't be just standing in one spot.

Your bombs and boomerang can cover more angles than that.

TL runs and moves faster in the air than Kirby. Also, he has a sword, and Zair.

get skill! :p

srsly though, I still think TL has the advantage in this matchup. All I hear for why it's in Kirby's favor is "he can use aerials on the projectiles and gimp TL offstage"

I don't see how that's an advantage @_@ TL does pretty well when he gets Kirby offstage as well.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Toon Link moves faster in air than Kirby?!? No way, he has more range than Kirby in air, but Toon Link has more lag time in his air moves than Kirby does. As for his ground game, Toon Link's strongest attacks have too much lag ending time and his range of his attacks on his tilts is little, not to mention that his kill moves are inferior to Kirby. >.<

My saying, trying to beat Kirby with Toon Link takes more work than to beat Toon Link with Kirby. Sure Toon Link can catch Kirby if Kirby's running and playing defensive the whole match, but if Kirby fights the whole match it's not easy for Toon Link to intercept without thinking of what to do next.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
TL isn't standing in one spot. The was a scenario of where the Kirby would be according to where the TL is.
And what he does according to what I do.

I have no problem with Kirby's offense, I just can't stand the way this guy was playing.
It's like he was running the timer.
The whole match.
Even when I had the advantage.

Its annoying.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Nopez.

As a side, note, he used blue Kirby.
That was to avoid breaking the 10char rule btw.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
TL has the advantage... but a good way for kirby to take that advantage is to approach from the ground, and bring TL into the air when you're close enough to not get hit with his projectiles. owershielding his projectiles, and evading the bombs, then shieldgrabbing him out of zair or any of his approaches does better than ever in this matchup, since they usually space a zair then run in for a nair+arrow cancel after characters get close enough. Never stand below a bomb-happy TL when he's high in the air, he'll start throwing bombs downwards and maybe even attempt a dair when he feels it's gonna connect. For returning from offstage, don't get too close or attempt airdodging onto the stage, that's what they expect you to do. You have more jumps than him, so wait until he wastes all his offstage jumps, then go back onstage, and NEVER TRY TO GO DIRECTLY UPWARDS OR THEY WILL ATTEMPT DAIR SPIKES OFFSTAGE! And since it's unpredictable when they try it, they almost always land them.... Prefferably without UpB's lag. For edgeguarding, they'll usually try to go up to the ledge from below OR from high above with a bomb in hand. Keep this in mind, and dair>footstool them if they're coming upwards, or predict their landing area and bair them when they're landing (or grab them when they land, since they'll usually shield right after landing), so you can go back to edgeguarding them.

All in all, start from the ground, attempt grabs but don't use them in ALL your approaches or else they'll get predictable (try bairs, utilts, ftilts, anything else from time to time), and watch their attacking patterns so you know the order of their attacks, and what they do whenever they're far, near, returning from offstage, or trying to gimp you.

This is what I've learned to do against TL's, since I have a crewmate that mains him, and he's one of the reasons I started maining Kirby aside from ZSS... Walls of projectiles tend to ruin ZSS's approaches, whereas Kirby can handle those extremely well! And both TL and Kirby mains should benefit from my input... You never know when someone else's experience will be helpful to you.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You can't shield grab a spaced Zair or Nair.
Unless you're like, ZSS. But its still a maybe.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Asdioh, I can send you a few pwnass replays. I do crappily overall in most of them, but..."It was 2 months ago" john. I have a replay of doing that Yoshi pwnass clip in the 2nd to last clip of 1-800-KIRBYCIDE as well as fc shockwave edguarding->dair pwnass gimp (but I lose that one b/c I SD twice).
Can you still do 1:04 in that video?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lion, don't send them to me, I don't have Dazzle :/

Can you still do 1:04 in that video?
You can do somehting similar, I think. I don't think you can double suicide like that, but you can get low % KOs in some spots with upthrow on Rainbow Cruise.

Here is undeniable proof that Toon Link beats Kirby: I played SOUP on allisbrawl ladder a long time ago. If you know him, he's quite good. He mains Toon Link and seconds Kirby. I main Kirby and second Toon Link (kind of)

He beat my Kirby with his Toon Link.
I beat his Kirby next game with my Toon Link.
He beat my Kirby with his Toon Link.

There you have it, undeniable proof.

(this is a joke by the way)

But I'll never forget how I won that game with Toon Link. I've told it before, but it was so lol that it's worth telling again.

We were both on our last stock. We were on Brinstar (my CP)

He Daired me off the right side, and the acid wasn't there to save me, and I was too low to recover, so I just used Up B because, why not?

What happened was he got caught in my Up B, and the last hit sent him flying off towards the right. He died off the right blast zone, and I died shortly after off the bottom. I won ^____^

yeah, fun times. Toon Link is a good character.

Toon Link moves faster in air than Kirby?!? No way, he has more range than Kirby in air, but Toon Link has more lag time in his air moves than Kirby does. As for his ground game, Toon Link's strongest attacks have too much lag ending time and his range of his attacks on his tilts is little, not to mention that his kill moves are inferior to Kirby. >.< ☆

☆ My saying, trying to beat Kirby with Toon Link takes more work than to beat Toon Link with Kirby. Sure Toon Link can catch Kirby if Kirby's running and playing defensive the whole match, but if Kirby fights the whole match it's not easy for Toon Link to intercept without thinking of what to do next.
I wasn't talking about attacks, I was just talking about aerial speed. And I don't know about Toon Link having more lag in the air...I'm pretty sure TL can spam Bair faster than Kirby can, but Kirby's has "sex kick" properties.

Kirby does win on the ground for the most part, but Toon Link can spam Dtilt like me.

As for the more work part....Toon Link has to put more work into winning against most of his matchups imo, but that doesn't make him a bad character. He has a lot of options, so he has lotsa stuff to do.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You can't shield grab a spaced Zair or Nair.
you can't shieldgrab a nair, nor a spaced zair... But if the kirby gets close enough, no amount of spacing will stop the shieldgrabbing. Trust me, I do it all the time... TLMSheikant is my crewmate's forumID, in case you wanna ask him how he fares against my kirby (since I've beaten him a couple of times too, and it IS a TL's view over the TL vs Kirby matchup).

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah sliding powershields can get annoying for tink even with spaced zairs. Bombs are great against kirby from experience. And I think its definetely tinks advantage not by much its kinda evenish.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So I had a pretty good experience with Kirby once I got the hang of him down a bit. Fresh Fsmashes are disgustingly good killers. Only thing I noticed was that sometimes Kirby would randomly land on stage unable to move or whatever. I figured it was RCO, but like... it would happen after up bs on stage. Does it not carry over unless I land without doing an action, Wario doesn't really have this issue, so I haven't noticed?

Top Bottom