• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I think I'll end up going Kirby/Snake if MK gets banned, actually. Snake can handle ICs and Oli, right?

Also, as for KTAR, this is what seems like the plan in terms of what I'm doing:
-Brawl commentary
-Brawl doubles (MK/Ganon with Verm)
-Melee doubles (Sheik/Ganon with Verm)
-Brawl singles (Kirby/MK)
-SSF4 AE (Cody)

Melee doubles and SSF4 AE may not happen. Dunno if Verm will do melee doubles with me, not sure if I'll want to enter for Street Fighter, but it's more likely that I'll enter AE than I will Melee.

Then KTAR episode next Tuesday.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Hey guys, i was doing some research on seconding with Kirby, and I saw
in the guide that u-throw is a viable killing move. I didn't see any percentages, so
I did the work myself. I couldn't find a better place to post it than here.
Keep in mind that these percentages are the minimum kill percentage with an u-throw, but that it requires a fresh u-throw, not stale, and that this was done only on Final Destination. This does not account for proper use of DI either, the use of which varies between players.

Mario:167% Samus:172% Kirby:147% Fox:149% Pikachu:154% Marth:165%
Dk:192% Mr.GAW:142% Luigi:166% Diddy:163% Shiek:151% Zelda:152%
Link:180% Pit:167% Mk:147% Falco:159% Squirtle:140% Ivysaur: 170%
Charizhard:177% Ike:184% Snake;194% Peach:155% Yoshi:173%
Ganon:184% IC:158% De3:201% Wolf:178% Lucario:169% Ness:162%
Sonic:167% Bowser:184% Wario:175% TL:162% R.O.B.:169%
Olimar:154% Captain F:186% Jigglypuff:134% Lucas:160%

Hope it helps, and PM me if there is a better place for me to put it.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Wow that's really weird, I was planning on doing the same thing last night, but then I got lazy. Good info, though it's less help than info containing percentages based off of good/decent DI. Nonetheless, good stuff.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Nice info, but most people know how to DI Kirby's U-Throw, so some of the data will be hard to put into practice. LOL.

A good way to play it safe for U-Throw KO's is 180% on FD, 160% on BF (Top platform), 170% (Smashville and middle platforms on BF), and use those as references for the rest of the stages.

The only exceptions are heavy characters like Snake/D3/DK/Bowser - they need to be above 200% (possibly even 210%) no matter what to ensure a KO.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I usually try to not take people to either FD or BF so doesn't make much of a difference anyway - I usually go for 150% UThrow kills against MKs if I end up on BF though. Halberd is probably the best place to use it, but most of the time Kirby has better kill options.

I'm still trying to just work in better f-smash setups into my game, plus sometimes getting off a random tilted F-smash that isn't completely punishable so it's worth a shot.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Most of the copy abilities Kirby can acquire just aren't that great when it comes to top tier characters. The ones I can think of that I personally find very useful are Snake's and Falco's. As a result, Kirby doesn't really need to copy anything.

Also, landing an inhale is harder than it looks, so most don't even attempt it because they don't want to get punished hard if they miss. It's a big risk.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also, landing a copy ability isn't the end of the fight. Any attack that hits you could potentially knock it out of you, and then you have to get it ALL over again. It's just not that reliable.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
LOL so many reasons not to copy! I hope Sakurai makes it so you have IASA frames from the moment you copy the ability on the next Smash. Brokenness~

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah, Nightmare in Dream Land... Such good music.

... But where's Butter Building and the many boss tracks? :(

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yo so I still suck at this game.

*hopes for good placing in the future that'll never happen* /hype

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
lol no if my sets got recorded the device would burn to ashes.

I play really good, get the lead, choke on a ****, lose. Every time.

I almost tied up my set against Speed at KTAR 6. Was able to land an inhale off-stage, he broke out and I footstooled him, up 2-1 in stocks, then he proceeded to destroy all my hopes and dreams.

QQ.

Sounds like you need to get better at playing under pressure, if you keep on choking at the very end.

Either that, or people figure out your patterns too quickly. xd

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So I got this sent to me...

Hey,

As many of you know I am running Apex 2012. We are trying to spread general hype around the entire board for everyone to attend. Our goal is to hit 300 players for each game. Currently, we have players attending from all over the world including Mexico, Canada, Japan, and European countries. With that being said we need some help doing this and that is where you come in.

In your board we would ask that you make a thread to help promote Apex. This would just be a general thing speaking about Apex and talking about all the awesome features we have. Encourage them to register at Apexsmash.com and show them that we have so many great features beyond the tournament ( artist alley, give-a-ways...think anime convention but about smash ). Our prices and information on qualifiers and the main event are there so please help spread the word!

Thank you in advance for everything. This would help our community really succeed.

BTW I did speak to the Admins and they approved of this.

Alex Strife
Much better than a fake post by me, or than a summary, that's the raw material of the message sent to me. Sooo, GO SIGN UP NOW ASGFRSDGADFA!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kappy beat me in Kirby dittos... But I beat him in Green Greens so HA! The stage loves me, he knows the stage loves me! I get saved by falling blocks still offscreen when he hits me with an fsmash, but he dies to falling bomb blocks still offscreen when i knock him back. Needless to say, between us both, I'm the real Kirby mainer. ;D

Also, he wasn't invincible, he utilted a bomb block, and nothing at all happened to him. We were both amazed.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Those blocks were out to save you! They were so ****ing dumb. LOL.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh A1, so much for your leaving SmashBoards. For some reason, you just keep coming back, eh? I think I know why... :troll:

[collapse=dangles this in A1's face]
[/collapse]

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think the reason why the bomb-block didn't hit Kappy was because he was out of range of the radius. Kirby's foot has an 'intangible bone' property, so in essence, he was invincible (or at least the part of him that would have been hit by the bomb). The real question is, why was he attacking a bomb if he didn't know his foot was invincible? XD

Also, winning on Green Greens is obviously the deciding factor in who the better Kirby player is. So Kewkky is hereby pronounced the winner.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
That image was so ridiculously large that it took me several minutes to find the steak sauce. And it's the hurricane's fault I'm posting here.

Didn't know Kirby's feet were intangible though...man, I wish my feet could become disjointed hitboxes.

Edit: Haha, ninja'd Kewkky and his image doesn't work because of censor.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I think the reason why the bomb-block didn't hit Kappy was because he was out of range of the radius. Kirby's foot has an 'intangible bone' property, so in essence, he was invincible (or at least the part of him that would have been hit by the bomb). The real question is, why was he attacking a bomb if he didn't know his foot was invincible? XD
Don't bother with the details, all you need to know is that not a single scratch came out of it. :awesome:

Also, winning on Green Greens is obviously the deciding factor in who the better Kirby player is. So Kewkky is hereby pronounced the winner.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
When I found out Kirby had intangible feet on the U-tilt I was like... oh, that's why his U-tilt is useful. I've also been using U-smash more because, you guessed it, intangible feet on his U-smash! :)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby's feet are pretty crazy, I have to admit. All his best moves come from them. Then again, almost all his moved come from them.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I use them, don't worry. Some of the IL players should know I use rock. ;D

And FC on the ledges, essentially.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
FC also when someone decides they've read you and start charging a smash from a few character-widths away. I swear there are other places to use it too...Rock also is effective when they think they've read you and start charging a smash while they're right under you ^_^ .

My use of rock on Brinstar is like 4x heavier than on all other stages lol. I can't tell you how many times I've footstooled->lava hit->rock KO'd.

Edit: Oh, mind****ing people with quick cutter on Brinstar and camping against slow approachers with no projectiles.

Enzo

Smash Lord
I don't know if I should be askign this in the social thread but,

are Kirby's matchups REALLY as bad as they are implied on AiB forums? I mean im sure ice climbers matchup is nearly impossible for him but really? Maybe I'm not playing good enough players but they just don't seem to be that bad for me.

I'm kinda new to kirby and was thinking about picking him up seeing that MK's hours on the throne may just be coming to an end...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't know if I should be askign this in the social thread but,

are Kirby's matchups REALLY as bad as they are implied on AiB forums? I mean im sure ice climbers matchup is nearly impossible for him but really? Maybe I'm not playing good enough players but they just don't seem to be that bad for me.

I'm kinda new to kirby and was thinking about picking him up seeing that MK's hours on the throne may just be coming to an end...
Kirby doesn't have unwinnable MUs, just MUs that are very hard to win in. His MU spread is pretty pessimistic though, I'm gonna try and brighten things up whenever the next MU discussons happen. Also, I dunno what are Kirby's MUs in AiB, but if they're different than the ones here, I'm gonna go ahead and call them wrong.

:phone:

Top Bottom