• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
ehh, Kewkky!

I'm an IL player! xD The problem is I'm well known for never showing up to tournaments. xP
If you go to another IL tournament sometime this winter or whatever, let me know. I've been trying to bring Kirby back as my main secondary (D3 didn't work out so well...) and I wanna try and play someone who's really good with him IRL. Kappy's a good Kirby, but I've never actually played against him 1v1. That and I know you placed well at the last Don't Blink Don't Care.

I main Ness and second Kirby, but I've been trying to pick up D3 for Marth and DK (if you're wondering "why marth?" it's because I at least have a CHANCE of winning, as opposed to when I'm playing Ness or Kirby vs marth)

@A1, I can never seem to do the quick-cutter stuff with Kirby on that stage. Is there a specific place to use it? I always end up killing myself. xP

ROCK IS SOO PRO! You don't even know. FC is one of those moves that I use randomly, but it's not worthless.

EDIT: Moves kirby uses that don't involve direct hit with feet:
Jab
NAir
Hammer
Rock
FC
Inhale
(grabs don't count)

The rest all use feet.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ehh, Kewkky!

I'm an IL player! xD The problem is I'm well known for never showing up to tournaments. xP
If you go to another IL tournament sometime this winter or whatever, let me know. I've been trying to bring Kirby back as my main secondary (D3 didn't work out so well...) and I wanna try and play someone who's really good with him IRL. Kappy's a good Kirby, but I've never actually played against him 1v1. That and I know you placed well at the last Don't Blink Don't Care.

I main Ness and second Kirby, but I've been trying to pick up D3 for Marth and DK (if you're wondering "why marth?" it's because I at least have a CHANCE of winning, as opposed to when I'm playing Ness or Kirby vs marth)
Sure, no prob man! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't lost to Oro or Akashi yet, in friendlies or in tourney, with neither Kirby nor ZSS (... But I still consider myself inexperienced in the Marth MU). I'll help you out with Kirby next IL tourney I find out I can go to. And I'll be here til AT LEAST february. :p

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
OK. Well right now I'm at college, but I'm coming home for winter break. If there's not an IL tourney over winter, Imma be angry.

Also, I always mess up when doing the whole "FThrow > UAir (x2 sometimes) > Reverse UTilt > BAir", mainly on the reverse-utilt. Is there any easy way to do utilt after that UAir?

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
You can buffer it by pressing left gently during the Uair and then gently upward as you're landing on the ground. That should buffer a reverse U-tilt. Even then, most people can DI the Uair in IL because of me, so I'd instead use an upward angled F-tilt or chase them. LOL.

Also, if you really need Kirby help I can also teach you alongside Kewwky - I already taught Xyless how to play him and his Kirby's coming along pretty well, IMO, and both of us are very good at explaining Kirby and how to use him. :colorful:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Thanks for the input. xD one of my bad traits is that while I want to be able to land and turn the opposite direction immediately a lot, I've never known how to buffer it. When I get at a wii, I'll try it out.
I sort of do that with Ness' UAir, leading it into an upward-angled FTilt at low percents. It works better with Kirby then, I guess.

Well then, I'll try and get you to teach me next time I'm in the neighborhood. xD I play Kirby VERY weirdly, so you might wanna explain to me what I'm doing that I shouldn't do when we do meet up again. I often UAir a lot more than BAir, which doesn't make much sense because with Ness I BAir more than UAir...

That and I wanna know the secrets of Kirby's NAir. It looks like an insane aerial that takes a ton of skillz.

Used Kirby in my last tourney! It was only for one set though. Beat a Falco/Olimar main with him, and it was probably the hardest set I've gone through in a long while, stamina-wise.

For Olimar, I ended up grasping for the Toon Link in me and platform camping the entire match on BF. As in, I just hopped around on the same platform avoiding Pikmin, USmash, UpB, and Fair for like 7 minutes because there was nooooo possible way I could approach, and when I finally did land something, I kept him airborne for as long as I could. It got scary though cause his Pikmin line-up was all purples for the longest time, and I literally could do nothing but gtfo.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Nice, Twink! LOL

KT, are you officially more Kirby than TL, now?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hell yeah Twink, hell yeah! I've been playing a LOT against an Olimar main called blackwaltz lately, and I do better with Kirby than with ZSS. He started out outright beating me in every match, but we go even now, and I gay him so hard every once in a while, it's hilarious.

Also, I've gotten inhales on him every once in a while due to mistakes he's done, and the copy ability doesn't help at all. I'd much rather jump after him offstage than take his power and miss them all. :|

Lemme know how you do at the tourney, KT. I myself feel comfortable with Kirby at tourneys, and he's 100% viable in MK Banned tourneys from what I experienced (even though I didn't win, dohoho). MK isn't THAT bad, yet still sucks fighting against him, but hey, what can you do? Dude's overcentralizing. :|

I tried to get the copy ability at one point, but I ate a USmash and died instead, and I was like, "Pffffft, not doing that again, LOL". But yeah, that was probably the most boring spectator match I've ever played. I was trembling with fear the entire time, cause the match was really intense, just watching every movement and trying to think of what my next approach would be, but all I was actually doing was jumping on the same platform for 7 minutes. >_>

I got 4th btw, but it was nothing because it was only out of 10.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I tried to get the copy ability at one point, but I ate a USmash and died instead, and I was like, "Pffffft, not doing that again, LOL". But yeah, that was probably the most boring spectator match I've ever played. I was trembling with fear the entire time, cause the match was really intense, just watching every movement and trying to think of what my next approach would be, but all I was actually doing was jumping on the same platform for 7 minutes. >_>

I got 4th btw, but it was nothing because it was only out of 10.
Who was the Olimar though? I keep forgetting people's names and who they main so I don't remember. :O

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I main Ness and second Kirby, but I've been trying to pick up D3 for Marth and DK.
I think Kirby can do well against Marth, but it's not like it's a bad idea to have a Dedede to use against him too (some Marth's are good vs Dedede, others are not). I can definitely see using Dedede vs DK though. XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, Kirby so so cool.

Don't make a habit of posting super super short posts though. ;o

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
DC asked me to post a link to his thread here.
The Problems with Kirby

I think it addresses a lot of the reasons why we keep seeing Kirby drop in the tiers as the meta game progresses.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, to each his own. I personally think Kirby is an above average character, just that he has nothing too special that makes him stand out between other characters.

Triple R

Smash Lord
This along with a bunch of other stuff. Heh, dash attack is really good sawn. :reverse:
I mean, dash attack has it's uses, but I wouldn't put it up there as a top move.

So any of you IL Kirby's (Kappy or Kewkky) trying to got to IMDB? I'll most likely be there. I have a spot reserved in a car and will make sure to have enough money somehow lol.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I can't; I'm visiting my girlfriend that weekend so no tourney for me. LOL. Good luck, tho!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Where's the info to the tourney? I may be able to go, depends on the date and blablabla.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, hohoho. Let's see... I might be able to go, actually! I get payed that week on thursday too, so as long as I'm back on base the next day by 12:30pm I'm good! I'd need a ride though, hmm... I'll see what the IL people say.

EDIT2: Actually, I need to look for someone from inside the base who has no duties either friday nor saturday that would be willing to go hang out at a Smash tournament all day if I'm to start looking for rides. Hmm... Looking bleak so far, but I still have resources to check.
I don't think my heart can take rejection a mere 3 minutes after I post. What do I have to live for anymore!

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Hey Kirby people, Iv'e taken him up as my
second to D3, since they have so much in common, but
I really have no clue wher to start on getting good with him.

Any advice on a Kirby startin out? Like somethings you guys wish
you knew when you started using him? Most important combo's,
important MU info, stuff like that...

I'd really appreciate it.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey Kirby people, Iv'e taken him up as my
second to D3, since they have so much in common, but
I really have no clue wher to start on getting good with him.

Any advice on a Kirby startin out? Like somethings you guys wish
you knew when you started using him? Most important combo's,
important MU info, stuff like that...

I'd really appreciate it.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144039

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224677

Hope these help you! The first link is the guide for Kirby, thanks to t!mmy who really went all out on it. The second link's a thread dedicated to that which you precisely asked. On the bottom of the first post is a list of very helpful links that should help you.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
TripleR's birthday?
Happy birthday!

On another topic...

This one is dedicated to A1lion. XD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Triple r?!?!?! It's your beufday!!!

Happy beufday, mayun!!!! Keep rockin' them peeps!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I'm a little late on the birthday wishes RRR, but I hope you had a good one :) . kewkky this here is amurrica, you and your stupid non-amurrican flag can GTFO

And t1mmy...thanks xD

Edit: Kirby's shadow looks like a space shuttle! It's some kind of government cover-up, obviously

Triple R

Smash Lord
I kinda wish I remembered stuff from 4 years of high school Spanish, but I sadly don't remember much lol.

Gracias para los deseos de cumpleaños. <---- Spanish attempt probably fail.

I don't know how to say 'birthday wishes' in Spanish and don't remember the differences between para and por very well anymore. Either way,

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! Let's keep Kirby alive and well for another whole year.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Happy Birth-

I am this damn close from going back to kirby:

(>'.')> |o | ← Door.

If the luigi matchup is still not in need of help by two weegee pros, I'm going to f-smash someone's balls.

(^º◎º)^

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Happy Birth-

I am this damn close from going back to kirby:

(>'.')> |o | ← Door.

If the luigi matchup is still not in need of help by two weegee pros, I'm going to f-smash someone's balls.

(^º◎º)^
well good luck wit dat bob:) AND FELIZ CUMPLEANOZ RRR

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Whoa sw96, watch the statements. *enforces by editing mildly* There's no need for random cursing at people, even if it's censored. This is a PG-13 rated website after all. o_o

I kinda wish I remembered stuff from 4 years of high school Spanish, but I sadly don't remember much lol.

Gracias para los deseos de cumpleaños. <---- Spanish attempt probably fail.

I don't know how to say 'birthday wishes' in Spanish and don't remember the differences between para and por very well anymore. Either way,

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! Let's keep Kirby alive and well for another whole year.
You almost had it, you said it yourself, you get "para" and "por" mixed up. But everything else was perfect. I am proud of you mang. :colorful:

... Couldn't find a better smiley but oh well. Not in the mood to google for a nicer one. :embarrass:

Top Bottom